2023-2024 Nova Southeastern (MD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
In-State A! Waitlisted on 2/21, Interviewed 10/16.

Not sure what happened with the WL, they said I wouldn’t hear back until May. First MD A, hang in there guys!
Congrats! Stats if you don't mind?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone with an MCAT score below 500 been accepted into this program?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IS A, Interviewed 10/2.

Is there an accepted students group?

IS A, also interviewed in October. They really took forever

I would definitely recommend sending a letter of intent and a PDF with an update on the activities you have been doing. I did that and got the A email a couple of days later

I actually have done that. Did they ever respond to your email when you sent it? I never got a response back for my update letter or LOI
They never acknowledged receiving it. This my first cycle applying and I’ve learned most of this is just luck, contrary to what others might say

Do we think since they’re taking people off the waitlist already that they’re done accepting other people who have been interviewed?

Do we think since they’re taking people off the waitlist already that they’re done accepting other people who have been interviewed?
I hope so. I’d love to hear back before May-July like the letter originally said.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just want a status update ghosted since December interview. Even if it’s a rejection at this point lmaoo
I've been ghosted since October and would really appreciate a status update as well. I didn't even think to send an update because it says they dont accept any

@mabel2001 @FortuneDoesntFavorFools @fla227 @booksvslooks @rolling-stars23 @usernumberone @BankrollB @elfwhale67 @Briana Ellie

I hope I got everyone that said they got As and are planning to enroll! If there's anyone missing please lmk and tag em as well. We're gonna be making a WhatsApp so we can start communicating and helping out the OOS folks ahead of time. Feel free to send your WhatsApp contact info to me privately so I can send you the link.

And to all those waiting, the cycle isn't over and we're all rooting for you <3

if it helps anyone, i interviewed 10/20 and IS A email on 2/20

Does anyone know how many are on the waitlist or if it is a ranked waitlist? Curious as to the chances I have being on the waitlist. Interviewed in October.

Does anyone know how many are on the waitlist or if it is a ranked waitlist? Curious as to the chances I have being on the waitlist. Interviewed in October.
TL;DR - don’t give up hope! Nova is known for moving a lot of people off the waitlist.

It seems like everyone that interviewed that was not immediately offered a spot is on the waitlist. Per the email Nova sent me, “All interviewed applicants not immediately accepted are ranked based on the average of their scores from the Admission Committee’s vote following their interview.”

That being said, they do allow updated (letters, etc.) from people on the waitlist, so the rank order might not be set (or maybe it is - please correct me if I am wrong). They also will not release rank information to anyone.

IIRC, they interviewed about 400-500 people this year (again, correct me if I am wrong). Nova is known for moving people off the waitlist, and I believe last year a total of about 300 people got an acceptance. The waitlist has been moving the last couple weeks, but it is expected to pick up mid-April into May, through July.

Saw some people wondering if this school was real because the website isn't working... the school is definitely real haha, I heard that they are still in the works of their website because they are a newer school but they are super active on their Instagram @nsumdcollege if anyone wanted to learn more about them there!!

Reactions: 1 users
Day 169 since my interview. It feels like Nova fr left me on delivered, no WL, no R, nothing. Anything else I can do, at this point I just want a response other than a automated email/voicemail… 😭

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Day 169 since my interview. It feels like Nova fr left me on delivered, no WL, no R, nothing. Anything else I can do, at this point I just want a response other than a automated email/voicemail… 😭
same here 😭 has anyone gotten word from them recently?

Same!! Interviewed Oct 6 and still nothing 🫠 cannot believe they can’t get it together almost 6 months post interview

I emailed the deans office asking since admissions office doesn’t exist i guess

Reactions: 3 users
IS WL today interviewed 10/9...
how is their waitlist movement is it any good?

Hi everyone! A little late to the party but the NSUMD Adcom has decided to create a student-run account to be more readily available to respond to your questions! We understand the app cycle can be long and frustrating, and hopefully, we can provide some clarity.

As an update on where we are, we're currently going through the applications of those who interviewed, please bear with us!
For those who were accepted, congrats! There will be further instruction on an accepted student group (facebook/GroupMe etc.).

If you have any general questions about NSUMD, please don't hesitate to post and we can respond as soon as we are able :)

Reactions: 5 users
Hi everyone! A little late to the party but the NSUMD Adcom has decided to create a student-run account to be more readily available to respond to your questions! We understand the app cycle can be long and frustrating, and hopefully, we can provide some clarity.

As an update on where we are, we're currently going through the applications of those who interviewed, please bear with us!
For those who were accepted, congrats! There will be further instruction on an accepted student group (facebook/GroupMe etc.).

If you have any general questions about NSUMD, please don't hesitate to post and we can respond as soon as we are able :)
Are you still sending interviews out?

How much waitlist movement do you typically see? I was waitlisted a few weeks ago and NSU is my top choice!
From MSAR:

Waitlist Information​

Typical number of waitlist positions per cycle
150-200
Number of acceptance offers granted to applicants on the waitlist

Hi! At this point, we are currently working on decisions for the interviewed applicants.
Is it appropriate at this time to send a letter of intent to express continued interest for the program?

A off WL today! OOS interviewed 12/1 WL on 1/25

Reactions: 2 users
Will waitlisted applicants be notified of the waitlist prior to the April 30th deadline ?
Hi! There is no set schedule for when waitlisted applicants will be notified, however the most amount of movement should be after the deadline!

Is it appropriate at this time to send a letter of intent to express continued interest for the program?
Yes, we would love to know if we are your #1 choice!

Reactions: 2 users