2023-2024 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A picture like this was going around for the 2021-2022 cycle:
Does anything like this exist this year?
View attachment 383528
For the record, UM has been running way behind this cycle, so I don't think those same dates will apply this year. Also, they hired a new Dean of Admissions in May 2023, so things might differ this year.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
have they announced when we'd be seeing financial aid offers? i was unable to attend the financial aid meeting

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone complete in September receive an interview yet? Other comments allude to the school being a bit behind this cycle, hope this means more opportunities at II's for us.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone complete in September receive an interview yet? Other comments allude to the school being a bit behind this cycle, hope this means more opportunities at II's for us.

Complete in September and still waiting as well!

Reactions: 1 user
Did anyone else’s acceptance email say “You have been accepted to the Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Program and the joint MD/Masters of Public Health (MPH) Program”? Am I correct in assuming I can still pick between these two until I have committed or does this mean I was only accepted MD/MPH? I ask because I was recently offered merit aid (for which I’m super thankful), but I’m hesitant to commit to the MPH due to it being binding. I am eager to attend Miami but believe I would prefer to remain MD-only.

Did anyone else’s acceptance email say “You have been accepted to the Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) Program and the joint MD/Masters of Public Health (MPH) Program”? Am I correct in assuming I can still pick between these two until I have committed or does this mean I was only accepted MD/MPH? I ask because I was recently offered merit aid (for which I’m super thankful), but I’m hesitant to commit to the MPH due to it being binding. I am eager to attend Miami but believe I would prefer to remain MD-only.
I think your assumption is correct, but probably worthwhile to email them and confirm

can miami just put me out of my misery it was the first secondary i sent and now it's the last one i'm waiting to hear ANYTHING back from 😭

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have more information about what dates they'll have on-campus things? I know their save the date says April but hoping for more specific dates
In Feb they sent three dates for on-campus visit opportunities for that month (the first option was 2 days after they sent the email). They said they would be sending similar emails for March and April. Hoping they do so with a little more time to plan ahead but it should be coming soon I guess!

For those who have been interviewed, do they also email the WL/Rejection decisions on the same day(s) as they send out acceptances? Also, I know that most Wednesdays the past couple months have been days where they released decisions, with a couple exceptions, so does anyone know if today is a decisions day/has anyone received a decision today yet?

For those who have been interviewed, do they also email the WL/Rejection decisions on the same day(s) as they send out acceptances? Also, I know that most Wednesdays the past couple months have been days where they released decisions, with a couple exceptions, so does anyone know if today is a decisions day/has anyone received a decision today yet?
I don't think anybody has any idea. but i am waiting as well right now but this definitely could be an off week since they released decisions the past two wednesdays in a row

OOS A!!!!! LM 73 Submitted july. Interviewed feb 19. email received at 6:21 EST

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
OOS A, LM 70 interviewed 2/19, MD/MPH and MD

I was accepted for the MD/MBA program which I am excited to do, but I don’t 100% remember applying for the joint program. Has anyone else had this, or can I be sure about being in the MD/MBA program?

IS A!!!!!! Interviewed 2/16. Can't wait to meet you all!

OOS WL, interviewed 2/19. Anyone familiar with WL movement? 🥲

OOS WL, interviewed 2/19. Anyone familiar with WL movement? 🥲
I’ve been IS waitlisted since like beginning of December 😭 but there’s been a few pulled off it so far I think

• Care
I’ve been IS waitlisted since like beginning of December 😭 but there’s been a few pulled off it so far I think
I saw an AAMC page on waitlists from med schools and it said UM usually offers 300 seats and like 75 of those get accepted ://

Ah, that's really great to hear, actually! Wishing you the best of luck!!!

• Care
I see a lot of 2/19 interviewees getting As today. Is it safe to assume if I interviewed 2/19 and didn’t hear anything today that’s an R? Or should I still hold out hope for the A? 😭

I see a lot of 2/19 interviewees getting As today. Is it safe to assume if I interviewed 2/19 and didn’t hear anything today that’s an R? Or should I still hold out hope for the A? 😭
From my understanding they don't send out post-II R's; I think everyone ends up waitlisted?

for those who've interviewed, did you guys write 2 individual thank you letters?

Last edited:
I know the MD/MPH program starts in the summer, but does anyone know what month it begins?
It’s on their academic calendar which you can pull up if you search it in Google, but I believe July 1st vs. August 8th for MD-only.

Is the UM waitlist ranked? Has anyone on this thread received an A after being placed on the waitlist?

Is the UM waitlist ranked? Has anyone on this thread received an A after being placed on the waitlist?
I just emailed them to ask that very same question, I’ll let you know if I get a response 🙏🥲

did anyone else have one of their interviews be w the dean of admissions (Dr. Perry)? and if so…. how did that work out for u… LOL

did anyone else have one of their interviews be w the dean of admissions (Dr. Perry)? and if so…. how did that work out for u… LOL

I did, and I got in! She is so nice and it was a great experience!

• Love
Just curious: did anyone else who also had that strange interview scheduling screen glitch back in July also receive an interview? Thought it was a fluke at the time but I did end up getting an interview eventually.