2023-2024 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I got it. Just have to register with an email that you have a zoom account with.

Members don't see this ad.

Any recent interviews? Completed in September.

Members don't see this ad :)
Last day for interviews not IIs?
Nah, this is too funny. This took the cake, no pun intended.

The level of unawareness of where Miami is at is relatable. But the desperation even more so

Reactions: 1 user
Last day for interviews not IIs?
This is from MSAR:

Evaluation interviews conducted virtually by members of the Admissions Committee is an integral part of our selection process. Interviews are conducted only at the request of the Office of Admissions and are generally held on selected Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays between the middle of September and the end of April.

Not sure if they are done sending IIs, but there might be people who decline their interview slot.

Reactions: 1 users
This is from MSAR:

Evaluation interviews conducted virtually by members of the Admissions Committee is an integral part of our selection process. Interviews are conducted only at the request of the Office of Admissions and are generally held on selected Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays between the middle of September and the end of April.

Not sure if they are done sending IIs, but there might be people who decline their interview slot.
idk about this school but a bunch of schools this cycle don’t really follow what they have on their msar so I bet they’re all done with IIs

Members don't see this ad :)
idk about this school but a bunch of schools this cycle don’t really follow what they have on their msar so I bet they’re all done with IIs
This is true, but Miami has also been running pretty behind this cycle. It's not a huge stretch to imagine they'd use the rest of that time if they say they use it. (this is as much copium as it is actual reasoning tbh)

I usually don't comment, but I hope this might give someone hope now or in the future.

I was complete on the first day (6/30) and just received an interview invite this past Friday (4/5) scheduled for Tuesday (4/9). Not sure if this is just an interview for the waitlist at this point lol, I thought I was done here.

Reactions: 3 users
I usually don't comment, but I hope this might give someone hope now or in the future.

I was complete on the first day (6/30) and just received an interview invite this past Friday (4/5) scheduled for Tuesday (4/9). Not sure if this is just an interview for the waitlist at this point lol, I thought I was done here.
Same here! II received Friday 4/5 for 4/9 date only, complete September. Have you received confirmation of your interview yet?

Has anyone called Miami for an update on their application? I've just been sitting in silence, I sent an LOI a month ago and haven't heard anything. Even if it is a rejection, I would just like to know sooner.

Did anybody else not receive confirmation that their interest in remaining on the waitlist was received?

Does anybody know if the Second Look Day is just the mixer they have emailed about or are there other events in the day? I’m flying from out of state and it’s definitely not worth it for me to fly down for just a social mixer so trying to decide if I should cancel my flight

Hello Everyone!! Congratulations to all of you who were accepted!!
Could anyone share their stats please?
MCAT scores and Gpa.
I have pretty substantial amount of clinical research, volunteering. However, i am retaking my 507 MCAT. I didn’t do well on Cars section. Hope to apply next cycle.
Thanks in advance!!

Does anybody know if the Second Look Day is just the mixer they have emailed about or are there other events in the day? I’m flying from out of state and it’s definitely not worth it for me to fly down for just a social mixer so trying to decide if I should cancel my flight
No idea lol

Has anyone who interviewed on 3/26 heard back?

• Hmm
MD, MD/MPH A! Interviewed 3/26. I’m actually shook the interview was very hard

Reactions: 1 users
One of the current students shared in the accepted students GroupMe that there will be campus tours offered that day for sure, but they haven't sent the sign-up forms out yet. I believe all programming will stay on the 27th only though.

Hola ! For anyone who was waitlisted - how long did it take for admin to respond and confirm your waitlist position? And/or did they respond to confirm ?

Just saw II email from April 2nd that went straight to spam. I called twice, sent an email, and filled out the qualtrics form. How screwed am I?

• Care
Just saw II email from April 2nd that went straight to spam. I called twice, sent an email, and filled out the qualtrics form. How screwed am I?
Given miamis poor response rate and how late u are getting back, I would say u gotta take the L. I hope I am wrong and that this wasn’t ur only II. Good luck!

Acceptance email earlier tonight! So happy

• Love
For anyone else who was flying out of state, i finally got an answer that the only events on second look day are the mixer at night and a campus tour in the morning. other in person events were cancelled and the virtual ones were put in their place. i’m cancelling my flights and hotel down there because it’s not worth it for me to go for just one event, so I figured other people would want this information too. Really disappointed with their planning and communication about this

Reactions: 2 users