2023-2024 Miami (Miller)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i've been checking the portal periodically and my status was received up until today where it now says incomplete at the secondary check box. i submitted it in late september so im super confused. has anyone else had a similar thing happen?
+1

Members don't see this ad.

can anyone who interviewed let me know how long before the interview their date was confirmed? also if their 1st/2nd choices were honored?

Members don't see this ad :)
can anyone who interviewed let me know how long before the interview their date was confirmed? also if their 1st/2nd choices were honored?
I got my first choice for a Monday interview and was emailed the Thursday before, which was a week after I submitted the form

Reactions: 1 user
Does choosing a later interview date affect my chances at this school?

just to update, i signed in again and it seems it was just a mistake. it says received again and another message about them being aware of the issue. y'all can sign in to make sure it's corrected for you.

Has anyone gotten an acceptance letter by mail as well or do they only send the email acceptance?

Has anyone gotten the confirmation for their interview date? My second choice was for tomorrow and I haven’t heard anything back…

Has anyone gotten the confirmation for their interview date? My second choice was for tomorrow and I haven’t heard anything back…
No i haven’t received confirmation either. Tomorrow is my 4th, but still wanted to make sure

they send emails for II's right? not one of those schools that you have to check the portal for

any OOS complete early September receive interviews or does it seem like they’re still reviewing August?

they send emails for II's right? not one of those schools that you have to check the portal for
Yes they send emails for both interview invites and acceptances (and pretty much everything else as far as I've seen)

Members don't see this ad :)
Each an hour?
my behavioral an hour or so and my traditional was more like 30 minutes
Would you say they were more conversational or did they have a set list of questions they have to ask us?
both had a list of questions although I feel like the traditional interviewer had more leeway on what questions to ask

for those who have been accepted: Are the "In-Person Campus Tours" that they emailed us about yesterday...are they essentially "second-look" days? Or are they different?

A just now!!
Congratulations!!!!! When did you interview? and did they email or call you? I interviewed around the third week of January and they told us we'd hear back by mid-February and I'm getting worried.

• Love
Congratulations!!!!! When did you interview? and did they email or call you? I interviewed around the third week of January and they told us we'd hear back by mid-February and I'm getting worried.
thank you!! i interviewed january 25th, they sent an email around 6:30

Does anyone know if the school themselves starts a Facebook group/groupme for accepted students eventually?

What is a behavioral interview?
It's a closed file interview where they ask you a bunch of scenarios...either a "tell me a time when you [blank]" or they'll give you a scenario and you'll walk through it.

Do you think its worth it to reach out to admissions office and ask if they are still sending out interviews? I don't live at home and need to know if I am going to resign my lease.

tenor.gif

For those getting II did you submit secondaries around July, trying to see where they’re out with reviewing applications? I was complete around early September but hoping

For those getting II did you submit secondaries around July, trying to see where they’re out with reviewing applications? I was complete around early September but hoping
I submitted around late July-ish (literally one day before the portal shut down, lol) and I got my II early Feb.

I do not see it either, also accepted in December.

Also, have any accepted students received info about a second look?

I haven’t gotten any second look / tour info besides those February tour dates from a week or so ago

For those who were accepted, can you see Miami in your "choose your medical school" tool? I was accepted in December but nothing is coming up on my end.
I was accepted last week and Miami is showing up on mine. Did you submit the letter of intent to accept their decision (not commit but just approve the acceptance)?

I was accepted last week and Miami is showing up on mine. Did you submit the letter of intent to accept their decision (not commit but just approve the acceptance)?

Yeah your talking about the survey/qualtrics thing to save your seat right?

Did anyone who received an interview invite yesterday get assigned an interview date yet?