2023-2024 Mercer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
And it's just one interview with 2 peeps, right
I think so. When is your interview? mine is on the 16th so idk yet how it fully works

Members don't see this ad.

does anyone know how many interview invites Mercer typically extends?

Members don't see this ad :)
1704917828283.png
lol this is the answer I got from Perplexity AI if it helps (It should be for mercer idk why it says MCG as well)

Reactions: 1 user
Does mercer send who your interviewers are the day before the interview?

I am just hoping we all get some good news next week since it will be the third week of the month and the admission committee meets the third Wednesday of the month.

Yea…this will be my first, third Wednesday since my II in December so I’m just incredibly anxious. Best of luck to folks waiting on news of any kind.

is there a groupchat for people applying to mercer for this cycle like on group me or some?

Can someone who is or know someone who is in that accepted groupchat let us know how many accepted students are there. Max is 180 students across three campus so we know how many seats are left. They are interviewing till Feb 3,2024.
65 in there but idk how accurate it is as far as actual accepted people

ik the deadline is feb 4th but has anyone spoken to admission about how many IIs they are gonna send out?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just finished interview if anyone has questions or wants to dm me!

Reactions: 1 users
I just finished interview if anyone has questions or wants to dm me!

Congrats! It means you can join the rest of us on the anxiety bench as we wait for the first, third Wednesday of 2024. 🥴

whats today??

The admissions committee typically meets the third Wednesday of the month to make decisions about applications; the third Wednesday of January is today.

What times do they typically call?

This thread, and past threads, have suggested they meet in the evening, with calls/decisions rolling out the same evening through the next day or so.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for a II or A.

The admissions committee typically meets the third Wednesday of the month to make decisions about applications; the third Wednesday of January is today.

This thread, and past threads, have suggested they meet in the evening, with calls/decisions rolling out the same evening through the next day or so.

Good luck to everyone still waiting for a II or A.
Is the next 3rd Wed Feb 21? Or is my math off

you guys think they will meet next Wednesday bc the first one of this month was the week of New Years? Or am I being delusional lol

you guys think they will meet next Wednesday bc the first one of this month was the week of New Years? Or am I being delusional lol

It’s a possibility. But it would appear last year they met this week…

do you know what time?
I don't remember unfortunately. I think it might've been somewhere around 3 when we saw the posts...but I can't remember exactly. But no one posted on here that was accepted, someone saw it on social media and said something.

I don't remember unfortunately. I think it might've been somewhere around 3 when we saw the posts...but I can't remember exactly. But no one posted on here that was accepted, someone saw it on social media and said something.
ahh I see! Thank you!

This was such a quick turnaround, they mentioned to my interview group that we would be hearing in late February.

They wanted you. Take the affirmation where you can get it in such a mentally tough process. CONGRATULATIONS!

Reactions: 3 users
I think the next time we will hear back from Mercer is mid February...?

I think the next time we will hear back from Mercer is mid February...?

We could see some more admissions role out after they complete their interview process and/if students withdraw from Mercer to go elsewhere. But February is most likely…

Gotta wait a whole month now. Ugh this sucks fr. Who with me on that? They should release biweekly or some like most schools do.

Reactions: 1 users
Gotta wait a whole month now. Ugh this sucks fr. Who with me on that? They should release biweekly or some like most schools do.
Me too I'm with you. I just re registered for the MCAT and am studying until I hear back from Mercer its just pure torture atp

Me too I'm with you. I just re registered for the MCAT and am studying until I hear back from Mercer its just pure torture atp

I’m vacillating between this and deciding to apply to their SMP as they really are my top choice. However, there is little info from folks who have participated in their SMP online and maintaining a 3.5 in what is essentially the first year of medical school is no joke…

i have couple friends who did the preclinical science masters program at mercer and yet they did not get in year later.