2023-2024 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota (Alix)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II recieved right before noon on Aug 15th for MN; 3.88 cGPA 3.84 sGPA 521 MCAT (132, 129, 131, 129) LM 76.80 WARS 94 (up to 101 depending on generosity); Verified 07/18; Secondary Recieved and Submitted 07/19; also sent a letter of interest; disadvantaged status; my top choice for campus was MN

what did the letter of interest look like or who did you send that to? not sure how it works for schools in general but totally understand if not open to sharing!

Members don't see this ad.

what did the letter of interest look like or who did you send that to? not sure how it works for schools in general but totally understand if not open to sharing!
It was quite long (1 modified page) and included a brief thank you statement at the start and end and then reaffirming that Mayo is one of my top choices and some of the reasons why (those were quite school specific since mayo has quite a few very unique aspects to it; also mentioned their excellent history of finacial aid given my disadvatnaged status) --> also it was sent via the communication status update thingy and idk how much the LOI helped me land the interview, I just felt compelled since it is actually one of my top choices

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II MN/FL track LM 80.5 and ORM!
edit: complete 7/10

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to all who’ve gotten IIs so far! I’m guessing that the highest stat applicants are getting IIs first, which seems to be the pattern for the last few cycles.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to all who’ve gotten IIs so far! I’m guessing that the highest stat applicants are getting IIs first, which seems to be the pattern for the last few cycles.
I hope they start showing some love to lower-stat applicants soon!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
OOS II received today for Florida track! MCAT 518 (130, 128, 130, 130), sGPA 3.93, cGPA 3.95, ORM. No research publications. Submitted Secondary 7/29

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Congrats to all those getting IIs! Are any Texas-based applicants getting IIs yet here?

I got an II with the Florida track yesterday as well!

525 MCAT, 4.0 gpa for science and cumulative, submitted secondary on 7/21, in-state (FL)

Is there a way to know if it's for the Arizona or Minnesota one?

Last edited:
for those with an II, are you planning to send a letter of intent/when were you planning to? i read somewhere that they only allow one (is this true?), and i want to send it at a time that will maximize my chances.
Yes letters of INTENT are supposed to go only to one school, your supposed top choice you are basically committing to enrolling at if accepted. Letters of INTEREST you can send multiple. Idk the best timeline but I would wait a few weeks after your interview before sending one.

oh sorry! i think i phrased my question wrong! I was under the impression that Mayo only accepts one letter of intent? as in, I can't send a second letter to reiterate my intent? i would love to go to mayo. it's #1 in my heart.
I've never heard of anyone sending more than one letter of intent to any school, especially multiple to the same school. Maybe someone else could chime in? But I think the best course of action would still be to send one a month or two after your interview. I was looking at past threads and it sounds like Mayo is not rolling, so all decisions come out around February. If I was in your shoes, I would send one around Thanksgiving, a couple months after my interview, to remind them of my application. And to firmly explain that Mayo is my top choice and I will commit to enroll if given the opportunity.

Reactions: 1 users
I've never heard of anyone sending more than one letter of intent to any school, especially multiple to the same school. Maybe someone else could chime in? But I think the best course of action would still be to send one a month or two after your interview. I was looking at past threads and it sounds like Mayo is not rolling, so all decisions come out around February. If I was in your shoes, I would send one around Thanksgiving, a couple months after my interview, to remind them of my application. And to firmly explain that Mayo is my top choice and I will commit to enroll if given the opportunity.
Send a letter of intent to every school :laugh:

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II Recieved!! I wasn't super happy with my secondary, but this is my top choice so I'm so pumped!!!

EDIT: That post II acceptance rate Sheeshhhh

No it’s apparently ~20%😬 according to that doc from a few years ago
Was a little better last year at 26.48% IS (not sure if that includes MN only or also AZ and FL) and 28.98% OOS.

How are you guys preparing for the interview with Mayo Clinic? I was not expecting to get an interview here at all so I don't even know where to start
Same as you would for any other interview. Make sure you know the school. Prep some questions in advance, and make sure that you can't answer them with a quick google search. It was open file when I interviewed, so be prepared to discuss things on your app and why they would make Mayo a good fit for you.

If I'm remembering correctly, I don't recall any questions that were out of left field during my interviews. Someone said on here that there's a "stress test" interviewer, but that wasn't my experience at all. Both of mine were lovely.

Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II today! Complete 8/29

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Sorry, just trying to upload the headshot and wondering if it's supposed to appear so fuzzy on the portal.. Thanks!!

It seems like there are only a couple interview date options... Are they supposed to be this few?

It seems like there are only a couple interview date options... Are they supposed to be this few?
What dates are available? I’m just curious since I’m worried my chances with Mayo are gone

Anyone attending the student session today? My link doesn't work :/

Do you guys think they’re working through people who specifically chose one option first?
Put all 4 preferences down and haven’t heard anything. Looking like a silent R

Do you guys think they’re working through people who specifically chose one option first?

I also put all 4 and haven’t heard anything. Submitted 7/26

They are definitely not doing that. Do your best to distract yourself with something else. They'll get back to you at some point.

Uh oh. I didn't get a hold email. I guess I'm getting the pre-II R soon

Hello, I was wondering what exactly is an interview hold?
I just received one and don't know if I should be sad or not.