2023-2024 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota (Alix)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
struggling to find any information on the website to answer why us question
Oh lol. I mean there's gotta be an area of research you can find that matches your interests. Mayo does research in nearly every field. They also have some cool masters programs like a masters in artificial intelligence. Just gotta keep digging through all the links.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone know if they have a preference for their shorthand monikers? For example, it shouldn't be an issue to use "Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine," "MCASOM," "Mayo Clinic," and "Mayo" interchangeably, right?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I cannot for the life of me figure out what the second prompt is asking for.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know if they have a preference for their shorthand monikers? For example, it shouldn't be an issue to use "Mayo Clinic Alix School of Medicine," "MCASOM," "Mayo Clinic," and "Mayo" interchangeably, right?
I can't imagine using any of those will impact you negative. I even used "Mayo Clinic - Rochester" a couple times

Last edited:
Is anyone still waiting on their secondary? I'm an MD-PhD applicant and I'm getting concerned.

Is anyone still waiting on their secondary? I'm an MD-PhD applicant and I'm getting concerned.
I think they have a MCAT screen of 508, but if you’re at or above that then maybe email them

Are you guys uploading anything in the documents section? Just wondering if I should add my CV there since there's an option lol. Also wondering if they need proof of residence.

Members don't see this ad :)
Minnesota campus II just now! Very excited

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 7 users
For the Minnesota campus, which I ranked my first choice, I was complete on 7/5

can people who got II post stats if they feel comfortable lol

can people who got II post stats if they feel comfortable lol
My LM is in my signature and you can find my WAMC if you search through my posts. It's got all my details (don't dox me please I just wanna go to med school).

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 3 users
My LM is in my signature and you can find my WAMC if you search through my posts. It's got all my details (don't dox me please I just wanna go to med school).
You're so wholesome on here! Please, no one dox our beloved toasted butter :)

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
You're so wholesome on here! Please, no one dox our beloved toasted butter :)
1691630640513.png

• Wow
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
+1 OOS interview 523 3.95 URM SES disadvantaged

Minnesota campus

• Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know if there are major differences between the stats of admitted applicants to each track (Minnesota, Arizona, MN-FL, AZ-FL)?

+1 interview for florida campus, complete 7/17

Reactions: 2 users
+ 1 Florida campus II, complete 8/3 (somebody pinch me)

Last edited:
How are you guys preparing for the interview with Mayo Clinic? I was not expecting to get an interview here at all so I don't even know where to start

+1 OOS II, MN campus (selected only interested in MN). Complete 7/10, LM 82.5

Reactions: 5 users
Not to be that person but I submitted 7/27 to MN-FL… is there still hope for an II?
Until they send a rejection there’s always a chance. It’s also august still, and people that submitted in July last year were getting IIs until the end of the cycle.

OOS II recieved right before noon on Aug 15th for MN; 3.88 cGPA 3.84 sGPA 521 MCAT (132, 129, 131, 129) LM 76.80 WARS 94 (up to 101 depending on generosity); Verified 07/18; Secondary Recieved and Submitted 07/19; also sent a letter of interest; disadvantaged status; my top choice for campus was MN; T10 undergrad ----- better late than never? Plus I think people on SDN really value the various data points

Last edited: