2023-2024 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota (Alix)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone hear about a highly ranked from AZ of FL? Or is it only minnesota that got one?

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone hear about a highly ranked from AZ of FL? Or is it only minnesota that got one?
AZ interviewee here, have not heard or seen anything about a highly ranked letter from the AZ campus.

Reactions: 2 users
Should need based scholarship application to be filled after you get an acceptance offer from Alix school of medicine? Will the A and scholarships/ Financial aid amount communicated to the applicant at same time? Or the Scholarship and Financial Aid come separately after the A is received?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The email we got said that for those accepted the week or the 19th that financial aid will be given also that week through email

Should need based scholarship application to be filled after you get an acceptance offer from Alix school of medicine? Will the A and scholarships/ Financial aid amount communicated to the applicant at same time? Or the Scholarship and Financial Aid come separately after the A is received?
If anyone has more info, feel free to correct me. But I am under the impression that Fin aid comes out with/ close to the time offers of admission come through. Probably worth filling out just in case.

If anyone has more info, feel free to correct me. But I am under the impression that Fin aid comes out with/ close to the time offers of admission come through. Probably worth filling out just in case.
Thanks for the info !!! If comes out at Similar time of A, then it makes sense to fill the aid application right now.

Dr. Misra sent an email for AZ asking about continued interest in the school, not sure if that went to everyone or not. Nothing about rank in the email tho

Dr. Misra sent an email for AZ asking about continued interest in the school, not sure if that went to everyone or not. Nothing about rank in the email tho
I interviewed with AZ and did not get this email, so I assume this is their version of a “highly ranked” email (unfortunately for me lol)

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed with AZ and did not get this email, so I assume this is their version of a “highly ranked” email (unfortunately for me lol)
I got the email and can assure you that it is definitely not a highly ranked email. The wording is very general and just says to stay in contact and indicate interest.

i interviewed for FL and just now got reached out about the committee being "highly impressed" with my application. the person that reached out wasnt anyone that interviewed me though

i interviewed for FL and just now got reached out about the committee being "highly impressed" with my application. the person that reached out wasnt anyone that interviewed me though
70% of the schools you submitted to interviewed you, I'm highly impressed with your application too tf

• Haha
Received a call today telling me the committee was “highly impressed” with my application. I received an email a few weeks back from one of my interviewers saying the same but the call today wasn’t someone who interviewed me. I interviewed for MN

I'm at work rn and missed 2 calls from Rochester so it might've been this

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm at work rn and missed 2 calls from Rochester so it might've been this
Yeah also got a missed call from a Rochester number. If you tried calling it back, were you also redirected to the Mayo mainline phone number?

I'm happy to see other ppl are getting calls too, I'm not sure what they really mean but I never got a highly ranked email so I'm confused. Are they equivalent or are all interviewees getting calls?

I'm happy to see other ppl are getting calls too, I'm not sure what they really mean but I never got a highly ranked email so I'm confused. Are they equivalent or are all interviewees getting calls?
It is the equivalent of a highly ranked email.

• Wow
Received a call today telling me the committee was “highly impressed” with my application. I received an email a few weeks back from one of my interviewers saying the same but the call today wasn’t someone who interviewed me. I interviewed for MN
+1

Wish someone was highly impressed with me:confused:

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
Have all of these highly ranked calls and emails been for the Rochester campus?

I am an interviewee for the Phoenix campus and I have not heard about any highly ranked calls or emails yet, anyone else in the same boat?

Have all of these highly ranked calls and emails been for the Rochester campus?

I am an interviewee for the Phoenix campus and I have not heard about any highly ranked calls or emails yet, anyone else in the same boat?
Same here, either there’s just less reporting on sdn, or the PHX campus has a different process. Would love to hear if other AZ interviewees are in the same boat.

Same here, either there’s just less reporting on sdn, or the PHX campus has a different process. Would love to hear if other AZ interviewees are in the same boat.
AZ interviewee, haven’t heard anything yet either!

Is anyone else reluctant to submit the scholarship application so as not to waste effort in the event they're not accepted?

Is anyone else reluctant to submit the scholarship application so as not to waste effort in the event they're not accepted?
It really doesn't take that long to fill out, it took me like 30 minutes and that was with me running around the house asking my parents for their documents lol

Reactions: 3 users
I submitted it in the hope they see it as demonstrated interest (this is definitely not the case)

• Haha
took me 5 minutes if you have the 2022 Tax Returns ready (the quickest of all the ones I've completed with Uchicago taking 10 minutes and Case Western requiring the damn CSS profile which took like 2 hours...). I think you should do it because scholarships come out the same week as decisions :D

took me 5 minutes if you have the 2022 Tax Returns ready (the quickest of all the ones I've completed with Uchicago taking 10 minutes and Case Western requiring the damn CSS profile which took like 2 hours...). I think you should do it because scholarships come out the same week as decisions :D
I'm just now realizing the probable reason for why there is a gap between when they meet to admit people (Feb 1st and 2nd) and when admissions decisions come out (week of the 19th) is probably to make scholarship packages. I've been thinking of this for a few days lol. I am dull 🤦‍♂️

Hmm so are we in trouble if our FAFSA hasn't been processed yet

Hmm so are we in trouble if our FAFSA hasn't been processed yet
Prob not. I think FAFSA hasn't started processing the forms yet since they said they would sent out to schools in late Jan on their website. I've been complete since Jan 3 and haven't been processed.

Prob not. I think FAFSA hasn't started processing the forms yet since they said they would sent out to schools in late Jan on their website. I've been complete since Jan 3 and haven't been processed.
So how can Mayo decide scholarships without it?

I'm just now realizing the probable reason for why there is a gap between when they meet to admit people (Feb 1st and 2nd) and when admissions decisions come out (week of the 19th) is probably to make scholarship packages. I've been thinking of this for a few days lol. I am dull 🤦‍♂️
Could be that but also figuring out all the logistics and coordinating waitlists and stuff takes some time

Sorry where did you get a link for aid for case? Is it in the accepted portal?

Sorry where did you get a link for aid for case? Is it in the accepted portal?
I got an email (several emails actually); ill send you the link via private message. It should be the same email that gives you your net ID and tells you to activate your account

Does anyone know if Mayo typically releases decisions before their official date (during the interview they said like Feb 12th but now they say Feb 19th and I know that some other schools have a date but still release then a little bit ahead. Especially considering that the 19th is President's Day so maybe that changes some things up

I *think* that it is merit scholarships that they decide then (not 100% sure but I think this is what I heard)
Well if it's merit then they wouldn't even need the institutional form we filled out right

Also where did you get the Feb 19 number?

Well if it's merit then they wouldn't even need the institutional form we filled out right

I got an email a couple weeks ago talking about the timeline and it said Feb 19 will be the round of acceptances via call

Sup, Gamers :cool:

Lol, everyone here will be fine with the FAFSA. We were just informed that the FAFSA will not be transmitting data to schools until probably closer to March, just FYI.

Seems different schools do things differently. With the FAFSA being so late this year, a lot of schools have needed to have something else to help determine aid, scholarships, etc. That's why a lot of schools seem to have their own fin aid forms, make you fill out the CSS profile, etc. Those usually help schools get to approximately the same number as the FAFSA. Mayo might use fin aid data to decide who gets scholarships, even merit scholarships, or it might not. Hard to say unless you work in their specific Admission or Fin Aid office.

Source: I work in Admissions (your admissions experience may vary)

pLaNniNg tO aPpLy tO mEdiCaL sChOoL?

• Haha