2023-2024 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R :((((((((((((((

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not Kaiser sending me the pre-II R on a Saturday morning lol
Hey I remember you from another thread so I know you been going through it lately. Sorry about the R but you have greater things in store for you! Same for everyone else, y’all are gonna be great doctors.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey I remember you from another thread so I know you been going through it lately. Sorry about the R but you have greater things in store for you! Same for everyone else, y’all are gonna be great doctors.

Thank you!

IS Pre-II R as well, I didn't want free tuition anyway.................................

"We want you to know that our decision in no way reflects a lack of confidence in your ability to succeed in medical school."

Kaiser, don't do it... Please.

OOS Pre-II R :cautious:

Did anyone who interviewed recently know when we can expect to hear back?
I interviewed late feb and they said most likely by april, but possibly even later, so not everyone who interviewed will have a decision before the second look weekend in early april

I interviewed late feb and they said most likely by april, but possibly even later, so not everyone who interviewed will have a decision before the second look weekend in early april
Based on last year's thread, it looks like they give post-II R in late March to everyone. There was only WL and R decisions at this point for later interviewers. The WLd people found out in April.

Based on last year's thread, it looks like they give post-II R in late March to everyone. There was only WL and R decisions at this point for later interviewers. The WLd people found out in April.
Last years thread also seemed to have fewer respondents in general so it may be that the few A’s weren’t reported.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know when they’ll post their match list?
They posted an article that summarized it on their website but not a list that I’m aware of. I think it was somewhere around 40% of students matched into primary care and 60% matched in Cali.

They posted an article that summarized it on their website but not a list that I’m aware of. I think it was somewhere around 40% of students matched into primary care and 60% matched in Cali.

Do you think that is weird? I feel like if they matched well they would just post a comprehensive list of where people matched and to what specialty. Hopefully that comes out soon.

Do you think that is weird? I feel like if they matched well they would just post a comprehensive list of where people matched and to what specialty. Hopefully that comes out soon.
Some schools don’t release their list for some reason. Just like general info about it. Kinda annoying tbh. Hopefully they do release a full list

Reactions: 2 users
Some schools don’t release their list for some reason. Just like general info about it. Kinda annoying tbh. Hopefully they do release a full list
I think it’s also cuz of privacy reasons. With a small class, it’d be pretty easy to find out who everyone is if they post location and specialty.

I think it’s also cuz of privacy reasons. With a small class, it’d be pretty easy to find out who everyone is if they post location and specialty.
If you look up that person's name, they would show up wherever they are at anyways though

Makes sense, but I think it would help if they put their match rate.

Some (or most?) residency programs will eventually post their residents’ medical schools anyway so not sure there is much privacy to gain there. The free tuition is nice but not knowing how their first class did would be a downside.

Thank you so much, we have similar stats but I’m trad! would you say your gap years strongly influenced the outcome?
I am a career-switcher, so it was definitely my gap years when I made the switch to med that influenced the outcome

Last year today they released post II Rs. Honestly I just want a decision, so tired of waiting for schools to get back to me.

Last year today they released post II Rs. Honestly I just want a decision, so tired of waiting for schools to get back to me.
Literally stalking the sdn pages for washu and kaiser today. Hopefully one of them can make me happy or end my pain 🤧

Yea it’s kinda ridiculous that some people have been waiting since August without any info

Reactions: 5 users
I refresh this page and my email multiple times every hour. I've been doing this for months. Idk why I haven't just lost hope yet lol

I’m a current student. I’d expect this is the reason why it hasn’t been shared by the school publicly, but I can say we’re VERY proud of/excited for the first class. They had an amazing match. Not all of them chose to match this year because of research years, other grad programs, etc. but they’ll be graduating with the next class.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to all those accepted! Has anyone who interviewed 2/13 heard back?