2023-2024 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are we just waiting for WL/R at this point? Or do we think a few A's may trickle out? The wait is rough!
I sure hope so, I haven’t seen anyone from my interview date report an A yet (2/13). I expect post II R’s today or tmmrw tho given Monday is April 1st. Who knows at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it’s gonna come tommorow since they release stuff on Fridays a lot

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think they just gave out an A to someone from the last interview date. My guess is we are just waiting for WL/R. But honestly I would just want to know even if it was an R. I'm tired of refreshing this page and my email every 15 mins

Reactions: 4 users
Could anyone provide an update of how many people are in the admitted students groupchat/FB? Might give some idea as to whether they’re done accepting or have some offers left to give

Reactions: 1 users
Could anyone provide an update of how many people are in the admitted students groupchat/FB? Might give some idea as to whether they’re done accepting or have some offers left to give
57 but it includes a handful of admin.

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you! That’s smaller than I would have expected, I thought they usually accept around 100
maybe they'll still send out some acceptances then? i also thought they accept around 100-110 students to account for yield

wait...100 A's? That means there is like half of them left then..??

Or does that include As off the WL
I'm not 100% sure, but I assume that number does include students accepted off of waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
There is no reason it should be taking this long 🤧😭

Reactions: 4 users
They just don’t wanna tell us today cuz atp it may as well be an April fools joke on us

In the interview with accepted.com, one of the dean of admissions said that kaiser generally has a 3:1 ratio of acceptances to matriculants

Last edited:
historically when has kaiser sent out post-ii rs and wls? interviewed in November and i kind of wish they didnt permaghost you if you arent accepted lol

I was hoping if they had a lot more acceptances to come, they would come before second look weekend :( that’s this weekend. I’m gonna try and be optimistic that we hear something this week iA

historically when has kaiser sent out post-ii rs and wls? interviewed in November and i kind of wish they didnt permaghost you if you arent accepted lol
last year the big wave of post-ii Rs were on March 22nd. WLs were around April 11th. I'm very surprised post-ii R's have not gone out yet

I was hoping if they had a lot more acceptances to come, they would come before second look weekend :( that’s this weekend. I’m gonna try and be optimistic that we hear something this week iA
inshallah brother

• Love
Kaiser was my first interview all the way back in early September and it's been radio silence since (except for the opportunity to participate in research emails lol). I know that I'm most likely WL/R but isn't it kinda crazy to not tell me for 7 months?

Reactions: 8 users
Kaiser was my first interview all the way back in early September and it's been radio silence since (except for the opportunity to participate in research emails lol). I know that I'm most likely WL/R but isn't it kinda crazy to not tell me for 7 months?
It's insane behavior

Reactions: 7 users
Honestly this wait makes me really doubt the school…

other schools i interviewed at let me know the decision within two weeks of my interview. it's been months since my interview at this school

It’s ridiculous that we are put through this stress, especially since the schools emphasis on student well being is kind of its whole MO given that it’s still unaccredited

i think it’s just WLs and Rs at this point 😭 i rmbr them saying that As would go out before 2nd look and with enough time for people to plan travel

i think it’s just WLs and Rs at this point 😭 i rmbr them saying that As would go out before 2nd look and with enough time for people to plan travel
I may as well be on the waitlist already with the amount of waiting I’m doing 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
It’s ridiculous that we are put through this stress, especially since the schools emphasis on student well being is kind of its whole MO given that it’s still unaccredited
We aren't students yet and thus barely qualify as people in adcomms eyes.

I'd rather have the love of my life leave me on read than this.

• Wow
  • Haha
They have to let us know something by April 15th right?
Should be any day now.
Post- II Rs were on 3/22 last year with 4/11 being WL wave.
Since they haven’t hit us with the R wave yet, I’d assume both coming any day

Emailed admissions a week ago inquiring if my application was still being considered. I interviewed in October. They replied yesterday and said they are aiming to send out decisions "by next week".

• Wow
Then it’s either today or tommorow lol
Is second look tomorrow?

[EDIT] Yeah, I understood that to mean as "by Friday April 12." But if second look is this weekend, one would figure they'd send out most acceptances before then.

Anyone else have Kaiser insurance and get excited when your phone rings and says "Kaiser Permanente" only to speak with an automated bot wanting to discuss deductibles...or just me?

Friends and I have a theory that they limited acceptances before second look to around 45-50 because they only have space to accommodate a single class size (50 students) in their facility. After second look concludes they won't have to worry about the space and can accept 20-30 more students if they want. Historically the WL has moved all the way to May, so I'd imagine many of those still waiting will be ok

Reactions: 5 users
Friends and I have a theory that they limited acceptances before second look to around 45-50 because they only have space to accommodate a single class size (50 students) in their facility. After second look concludes they won't have to worry about the space and can accept 20-30 more students if they want. Historically the WL has moved all the way to May, so I'd imagine many of those still waiting will be ok
Honestly that is a very reasonable thing to say. Especially the auditorium area where they will likely have the talk, it surely looks like it doesn’t fit more than 50 people. Hopefully they hold some kind of second 2nd look tho lol.