2023-2024 Kaiser Permanente (Tyson)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS ii! wasn’t expecting it at this point in the cycle

Congrats!!! Did you get it today? How far out does it seem like they are interviewing

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I vaguely remember that Kaiser doesn't take pre-interview update letters, but I can't find this anywhere in writing. Can someone help clarify for me?
Yeah they don't, a couple people in this thread tried and the admissions people said sorry nope😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
anyone hear any decisions today? idk why i thought they would release some today

Members don't see this ad :)
Is anyone willing to share tips on MMI, or how to prepare for a MMI? This is my first one and am not completely sure how to approach!

Is anyone willing to share tips on MMI, or how to prepare for a MMI? This is my first one and am not completely sure how to approach!
My best advice is don't over prepare. The ones that I had were very easy to talk about after your 2 min prep time. I think the AMP has some tips for it and they r definitely hinting you to what you should be expecting

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Good luck to everyone interviewing this week and to those who have interviewed and are awaiting to hear word back! Sending all my GEM love! Y’all got this! Today marks the start of my studying again to retake the MCAT in June so let’s goooo yall! 💁🏾‍♀️✨💖🎀🤩🤗

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 16 users
Good luck to everyone interviewing this week and to those who have interviewed and are awaiting to hear word back! Sending all my GEM love! Y’all got this! Today marks the start of my studying again to retake the MCAT in June so let’s goooo yall! 💁🏾‍♀️✨💖🎀🤩🤗
Good luck!! You deserve the best!! :biglove:

• Love
Is Kaiser done interviewing? I have not gotten an R or an II or a hold yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Is Kaiser done interviewing? I have not gotten an R or an II or a hold yet.
They tend to do the ghost—->mass reject type thing unfortunately. However, interview season is noted to be until March according to their website and the portal! I think there may be 1-2 more interview dates that aren’t filled! Rooting for you guys!

Reactions: 8 users
Do we know how they feel about post II update letter?
Just hopped off the interview, they are definitely encouraged and applicants are encouraged to send them very soon, as final decisions are looming. Apparently all decisions should be sent by early-mid April. Hope this helps and good luck!

was today the last day of interviews? I need to mentally let go lol

Just hopped off the interview, they are definitely encouraged and applicants are encouraged to send them very soon, as final decisions are looming. Apparently all decisions should be sent by early-mid April. Hope this helps and good luck!
Aghh the waiting is killing me! Interviewed in January and they told us mid-March at the latest. According to previous years' threads though, I've been expecting decisions to get punted farther. Hope everyone's interviews went well today <3

• Love
was today the last day of interviews? I need to mentally let go lol
I couldn't really tell, but my gut feeling based on behavior throughout the interview is no. I suspect that there will be 1-2 more interview days, but I obviously cannot say anything for sure!

Their website says that their last interview is conducted in March so I imagine there may be a few more days

Yes. Historically, if you don’t hear back with an A in ~1-2 months, you will be WL/R when they send out the huge wave at the end. They’ve done that each year
Do you know how many acceptences are usually offered?

ugh I refresh this thread and my email every hour of the day in hopes of hearing something back. Interviewed in January

• Care
I know someone on the adcoms and they said they “pretty much” filled the class for this coming year..

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Dude, I really hope that I did not just sit through five hours of interviews and presentations for a shot at the WL lol.
I know someone on the adcoms and they said they “pretty much” filled the class for this coming year..

Reactions: 6 users
I unexpectedly received an II on Monday, they said their last interview day is March 1st. Also thinking they're probably trying to fill their waitlist at this point. Hopefully they'll give everyone who's waiting an update soon!

• Wow
  • Care
Dude, I really hope that I did not just sit through five hours of interviews and presentations for a shot at the WL lol.
TBH that doesn't mean much. I think this school will have pretty hefty WL movement given the risk of attending an non-LCME accredited school. Plus many students are going to be getting poached by top schools.

TBH that doesn't mean much. I think this school will have pretty hefty WL movement given the risk of attending an non-LCME accredited school. Plus many students are going to be getting poached by top schools.
Haha yeah, you're definitely right, but I just dislike when schools interview purely for WL. I'm not sure if I would've called off a day of work last minute and gone through the extensive interview process if I would've known that the best outcome would be a WL. Oh well! I hope we all end up at the school best for us!

Reactions: 5 users
Haha yeah, you're definitely right, but I just dislike when schools interview purely for WL. I'm not sure if I would've called off a day of work last minute and gone through the extensive interview process if I would've known that the best outcome would be a WL. Oh well! I hope we all end up at the school best for us!
I agree its extremely frustrating and borderline unprofessional.

just got an A and i interviewd in november :)

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 18 users
Got a kaiser email but it was my doctor saying don’t forget to do your labs 😭🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users
do you think that they are done sending out A's considering that different people from different interview days are hearing back?