2023-2024 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello! I wanted to ask if you could get an interview invite even if you have not submitted all letters of recommendations? I have only submitted two out of three. Anyone has an idea? Thank you!

Hello! I wanted to ask if you could get an interview invite even if you have not submitted all letters of recommendations? I have only submitted two out of three. Anyone has an idea? Thank you!
No i don’t think so, your application has to be complete before it will even be reviewed. From there it takes anywhere from a few weeks to months to get reviewed and invited.

Reactions: 1 user
I also haven't received any word about a II and I had the received email in late August. This school is in my top 3 so hopefully I hear something back soon.

I’m in the same boat. I was reviewed 8/21 but have only gotten radio silence since. I’m sure they have their own strategy for ranking apps but it does feel discouraging. Our time will come!

No i don’t think so, your application has to be complete before it will even be reviewed. From there it takes anywhere from a few weeks to months to get reviewed and invited.
Even if I received the email saying both my primary and secondary applications have been reviewed?

Members don't see this ad :)
the first friday zoom link nearly sent me into cardiac arrest

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
the first friday zoom link nearly sent me into cardiac arrest
first time GIF

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else get a app reviewed email today? Got it around 5pm. Also wondering what the turn around time is from app reviewed to decision

Complete 9/12. App received and reviewed 10/23. Attending first Friday today, I am just hoping for the best

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
OOS A just now!!! Interviewed 10/25.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
do they have anymore II 😐
i went to their first friday open house and they said they send the most interviews out january-march and in their words "there's a lot of cycle left" so maybe I'm delusionally hopeful for a later II haha

Reactions: 6 users
Part of me feels they are sending to higher stats applicants first…
she actually said this specifically, if I recall correctly! something along the lines of don't take it personally, they send earlier invites for highly competitive applicants (assuming high stats/472 publications etc lol which good for them! just not me haha)

still waiting for an interview smh?

Reactions: 7 users
finally got reviewed email, secondary submitted 10/1

Reactions: 2 users
Hi, I received a secondary application a while back and have been reluctant to submit it because I do not meet the minimum MCAT requirement (by a few points). Should I still submit and pay the application fee? Or not waste my chances?

Hi, I received a secondary application a while back and have been reluctant to submit it because I do not meet the minimum MCAT requirement (by a few points). Should I still submit and pay the application fee? Or not waste my chances?
If you are in doubt call or email admissions. Give them your exact score to see what they say. I have done this with others schools and they were straight with me and in some cases saved me from wasting time and money.

Reactions: 1 users