2023-2024 Howard

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Got an email saying they reviewed my primary and secondary app
How long did it take to get this email after you were complete?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got my app reviewed message today. OOS completed Secondary on 8/03

Reactions: 1 user
I just got an II! OOS. Put in Secondary Application 8/03 MCAT 514, GPA 3.5c, 3.4s. URM (AA)

• Love
Reactions: 15 users
I got my app reviewed message today. OOS completed Secondary on 8/03
+1 Submitted 7/25 though.

Does anyone know the relationship between the app review date and an II date? If i got an app review and not an II does that mean that I'm basically on hold?

+1 Submitted 7/25 though.

Does anyone know the relationship between the app review date and an II date? If i got an app review and not an II does that mean that I'm basically on hold?
Also curious

I submitted secondary 07/26 and my portal is not showing anything anymore.:oops:

Has anyone received any II or Pre-interview rejection

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it one batch per week?
I have no idea but I got my II last week and if you check medtracker there’s also people reporting the first II last week. I got mine on Wednesday.

What is medtracker—please share the deets the site or excel
My bad it’s called Cycletracker. You can google it to get it but it’s just a website to track the cycle.

And yes I received an e-mail with 48 hours to reply to confirm my interview slot. Never checked my portal. Do check your email daily to make sure you don’t miss that 48 hr deadline though.

This is random, but when do we have the opportunity to apply for scholarships that some schools offer? Is that after the acceptance?

I just received info that my application was received and reviewed. has anyone gotten interviews yet?

Is anyone attending the First Friday Open House rn? The link says it’s for student interviewees?

Is anyone attending the first Friday today with Howard —it starts at 12 but I am in waiting room —is it just me

Is anyone attending the First Friday Open House rn? The link says it’s for student interviewees?
I am. I'm waiting to be let in. I just used the meeting ID and passcode

For people at the open house, how did you find the link? I’m not seeing an email

For people at the open house, how did you find the link? I’m not seeing an email
It was included in that first email they sent about secondary’s —at the bottom there is a link to register

I have no idea but I got my II last week and if you check medtracker there’s also people reporting the first II last week. I got mine on Wednesday.
what is the medtracker? thanks in advance

2023-2024 Howard Secondary Prompts

There are some other sections as well, so the actual essay questions are scattered:

8. Was your childhood home located in a rural, urban or suburban area?
Rural
Urban
Suburban

9. Have you lived in communities which are medically underserved, or where the majority of the population is economically and/or educationally disadvantaged? (Please indicate, Yes or No and then explain/describe briefly in 250 words or less) (3000 char max)

10. Have you worked (volunteer or paid employment) with medically underserved, economically disadvantaged and/or educationally disadvantaged populations? (Please indicate, Yes or No and then explain/describe briefly in 250 words or less) (3000 char max)

11. After residency, do you plan to practice medicine in an underserved or disadvantaged community? (Please indicate, Yes or No and then explain/describe briefly in 250 words or less) (3000 char max)

12. Please provide below any additional information you believe is important in evaluating your application (e.g. additional coursework, problems with academic record; disadvantaged, etc.) (Please indicate, Yes or No and then explain/describe briefly in 250 words or less)

21. Did COVID-19 impact you preparing your AMCAS application for fall 2024? (i.e. volunteer/work experience, financially, course registration, MCAT testing, etc.) [Please respond Yes or No and then explain/describe briefly in 250 words or less, indicate N/A if not applicable]

22. Why Howard University College of Medicine? (2000 char)

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview feedback:

This is very late but question 22 has a 2500 character limit

Any applicant can register to attend a Howard "First Friday" online event.
These are held the First Friday of each month and you do need to register in advance. The Zoom meetings have a certain limit to capacity, so sometimes they fill up & you might not be "admitted" to the Zoom Room but no worries, try the next one.
They are informational for you, not an interview, but still dress nice, be attentive, & have your webcam on.
Link to Sign up: First Friday registration link

When you say dress nice, do you mean full on suit or just a collared shirt would be fine?

Any interview invites as of yet for month of September

Received an email about the virtual open house

Interview coming up and am extremely nervous. For those who have interviewed, how did it go for you? Any insights or feedback?

Reactions: 1 users
Interview coming up and am extremely nervous. For those who have interviewed, how did it go for you? Any insights or feedback?
Did you do yours yet? I have mine coming up soon and asking the same question of you now, haha. Any tips?

Reactions: 2 users
Just got the email that my primary and my secondary has been reviewed…for those of you that got II, what has the turnover between the complete email and an invite?

Just got the email that my primary and my secondary has been reviewed…for those of you that got II, what has the turnover between the complete email and an invite?
I just got the same email. I was so scared omg

Reactions: 1 users