2023-2024 Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M1 here stating for the record (for the anxious) that
A. Solidly 50+% of the (matriculating) class is accepted in April and forward (and like most of us got WL at some point) (I interviewed in December, WL late March, A May 1st)
B. The waitlist is primarily a stalling tactic but I do know someone who literally had already started classes at DO school when they were accepted and matriculated so they do really use it
C. They absolutely interview and accept until the clock runs out

AND YES it is very obnoxious and annoying of them to have the timeline that they do and I am 80% sure it is to scam the msar stats

BUT also the quality of the admissions department is not indicative of the overall quality of the school bc so far it’s fine tbh and comparable to my friends at other schools (literally a dude at Harvard is suffering worse than me) and we have great small group facilitators and like people are matching to very good residencies (think plastics at Yale)

Anyways basically good luck n stay positive

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 11 users
Oh also for like solidly 90% of ppl I know HMSOM was their only A so don’t let your track record get you down it only takes one (side eyeing my 3.385 gpa)

Reactions: 2 users
Oh also for like solidly 90% of ppl I know HMSOM was their only A so don’t let your track record get you down it only takes one (side eyeing my 3.385 gpa)
For someone who has HMSOM as their top school and hasn’t gotten an A yet with 6 interviews this makes me feel SO much hope. Crossing my fingers for all of us who really want to go here! Maybe we’ll be in your shoes shortly. Thank you soooo much for the words of encouragement/comfort!!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Happy to help! If anybody has any questions about the school or like apps and med school in general feel free to message me

Reactions: 1 users
AND YES it is very obnoxious and annoying of them to have the timeline that they do and I am 80% sure it is to scam the msar stats

I think it's more to do with being disorganized rather than any intentional scam. The administration has a lot of head-scratching moments, but they're generally nice and try to fix things. I haven't been affected much but some people have had bigger issues.

Reactions: 1 user
I think it's more to do with being disorganized rather than any intentional scam. The administration has a lot of head-scratching moments, but they're generally nice and try to fix things. I haven't been affected much but some people have had bigger issues.
Likely strategy instead of being disorganized. I presume they want to see who unenrolls from the class before they give acceptances. Or people who won't come here because they have another A at a better school

Likely strategy instead of being disorganized. I presume they want to see who unenrolls from the class before they give acceptances. Or people who won't come here because they have another A at a better school

LOL... come spend few yeas here and you'll be saying, "what were they thinking." Could give examples but don't want to doxx myself or talk bad about a place I'm quite fond off despite its deficiencies. Feel free to "presume" all you want though.

• Haha
LOL... come spend few yeas here and you'll be saying, "what were they thinking." Could give examples but don't want to doxx myself or talk bad about a place I'm quite fond off despite its deficiencies. Feel free to "presume" all you want though.
Dont worry I'm well aware they are disorganized. But them waitlisting most people until April is not because they are disorganized. Seems like a strategy to me

Question, does anyone know if Hackensack Meridian lectures are optional/recorded?

Members don't see this ad :)
Where do most students live? Do you need a car the first year?
Hello, current student! Yes, you need a car. People live anywhere they can find affordable housing, some at home with their parents. Some even live in NYC. And even if you find housing right near campus (I know of a few people who are close enough that walk to school), you will need a car for LCP and Human Dimension VP stuff first year. Plus clerkships 2nd year. So yeah, no getting around it, you need a car here.

Hello, current student! Yes, you need a car. People live anywhere they can find affordable housing, some at home with their parents. Some even live in NYC. And even if you find housing right near campus (I know of a few people who are close enough that walk to school), you will need a car for LCP and Human Dimension VP stuff first year. Plus clerkships 2nd year. So yeah, no getting around it, you need a car here.
🥲🥲 they told me when I toured the campus that the parking there isn’t free which is so sad. Would you drop the price here or at least let us know if it’s expensive? LMAO at myself for asking about this while still awaiting a response from them

🥲🥲 they told me when I toured the campus that the parking there isn’t free which is so sad. Would you drop the price here or at least let us know if it’s expensive? LMAO at myself for asking about this while still awaiting a response from them
No free parking on a campus that requires cars and costs $75k in tuition and fees alone?? Price was already my main reason that I likely won’t be choosing the school. That’s disappointing

Last edited:
Jersey Shore University Medical Center, which is one of the premier clinical sites within HMH, has free parking for 2nd year clinical rotations. My interviewer told me a while back (he works there).

Parking is free on campus. I mean, not really because it’s included in tuition, but it’s not something you can opt out of. You do need a parking pass but no extra fees for parking. At least as of this year and I haven’t heard of changes like that happening.

Depending on LCP, HD and clerkships, you may need to pay for some parking there.

I will repeat: parking is free on campus!

Reactions: 4 users
Here is the match list for this year!

Attachments

• Official HMSOM 2024 Residency Match List.pdf
    319.9 KB · Views: 222
Reactions: 4 users
When in April do you guys think we will hear post-interview As or WLs or Rs coming in?

Parking is free on campus. I mean, not really because it’s included in tuition, but it’s not something you can opt out of. You do need a parking pass but no extra fees for parking. At least as of this year and I haven’t heard of changes like that happening.

Depending on LCP, HD and clerkships, you may need to pay for some parking there.

I will repeat: parking is free on campus!
Bless for actually explaining it the right way!! I forget who gave me my tour the first time at the open house but they said that parking was paid for on campus and def neglected to say that it was already built into tuition LOL!! I’m thinking maybe he meant to say that it was built into the tuition but he just went on more about what the costs & tuition cover for you like the facilities and such at the school.

Bless for actually explaining it the right way!! I forget who gave me my tour the first time at the open house but they said that parking was paid for on campus and def neglected to say that it was already built into tuition LOL!! I’m thinking maybe he meant to say that it was built into the tuition but he just went on more about what the costs & tuition cover for you like the facilities and such at the school.
Just a heads up for all of you. If you are assigned Hackensack University Medical Center, the parking is not on-site. It's about 15 minutes away and you need to take a shuttle. I haven't been to every site but the others have on-site parking or very close.

M1 here stating for the record (for the anxious) that
A. Solidly 50+% of the (matriculating) class is accepted in April and forward (and like most of us got WL at some point) (I interviewed in December, WL late March, A May 1st)
B. The waitlist is primarily a stalling tactic but I do know someone who literally had already started classes at DO school when they were accepted and matriculated so they do really use it
C. They absolutely interview and accept until the clock runs out

BUT also the quality of the admissions department is not indicative of the overall quality of the school bc so far it’s fine tbh and comparable to my friends at other schools (literally a dude at Harvard is suffering worse than me) and we have great small group facilitators and like people are matching to very good residencies (think plastics at Yale)

Anyways basically good luck n stay positive
Out of curiosity, could someone please explain to me how their delayed timeline is to/would scam MSAR stats? Thanks!

Out of curiosity, could someone please explain to me how their delayed timeline is to/would scam MSAR stats? Thanks!
This is purely my own conspiracy theory but like basically they wait to actually accept wait list people (who are more likely to be lower stat) until after the next years msar goes out which makes the admit gpa/mcat stats higher aka makes the school look more prestigious but also I just saw something that said msar stats are actually a full cycle behind so idk

• Wow
This is purely my own conspiracy theory but like basically they wait to actually accept wait list people (who are more likely to be lower stat) until after the next years msar goes out which makes the admit gpa/mcat stats higher aka makes the school look more prestigious but also I just saw something that said msar stats are actually a full cycle behind so idk
That's big brained

anyone else receive an email about attendance for the info sessions?

anyone else receive an email about attendance for the info sessions?

I did and I attended them all so I think it was sent to everyone. Definitely had a mini heart attack when I saw they emailed lol

Saaame 😭😭 I'm assuming if we went to a session we don't have to watch the recording right?
I emailed them and I hope the answer to that is no. I will gladly do it again if needs be, but I am hoping this was just a mass communication that was sent out. I attended the financial aid session last month, so it should be listed as being done.

I emailed them and I hope the answer to that is no. I will gladly do it again if needs be, but I am hoping this was just a mass communication that was sent out. I attended the financial aid session last month, so it should be listed as being done.
I also emailed them about it since I went to all the sessions. If I get an update I’ll put it here!

For those not in the group me yet, apparently FAFSA made a serious error with financial aid calculations so there’s a very big delay

1711292888350.jpeg

• Sad
My problem tho…. I submitted FAFSA before I got accepted to Hackensack and I’m unable to add Hackensack until FAFSA gets processed