2023-2024 Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone hear anything recently? waitlists or As ?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
any interview invites left? still havent been rejected

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh boy, this is the third decision in a row in this thread that is a waitlist after a February interview. Hope you all eventually get the A! As a March interviewer myself I am losing hope now.

Oh boy, this is the third decision in a row in this thread that is a waitlist after a February interview. Hope you all eventually get the A! As a March interviewer myself I am losing hope now.
Had a February interview but then also a second interview in March so idk what that means for me 😭

i'm curious if everyone who had the second interview had the original interview with my interviewer. this person was horrendous and completely turned me off of the school. don't want to go into specifics in a public forum but yuck.

i'm curious if everyone who had the second interview had the original interview with my interviewer. this person was horrendous and completely turned me off of the school. don't want to go into specifics in a public forum but yuck.
I met with a doctor for my first interview (2/28) and the assistant dean for my second interview (4/1). No complaints for either interview and thought both were very kind

Reactions: 1 users
Did you have the brown guy (not being racist, just dont want to say his name). I just know my interviewer was super dry and read questions off a script like a bot

• Wow
Accepted student here, and hoping a current student can share details about the curriculum logistics!

What is your typical first year schedule like? I heard lectures are mandatory. Does your "school" schedule start at 9am and end at a set time everyday? When do you have time after classes to do other things (ie research, free time, life)? Anything relevant would help. Thank you!

Did you have the brown guy (not being racist, just dont want to say his name). I just know my interviewer was super dry and read questions off a script like a bot
No I had a woman (as specific as I would like to get, but if you're curious we can dm) - she was recently roasted on /r/medicalschool name and shame because she does residency interviews as well.

• Wow
Wait you guys had faculty for interviews.....? I just had a student, do we think that means anything? 😭😭 loved him though, so nice and chill

lol not sure but dm me!

Wait you guys had faculty for interviews.....? I just had a student, do we think that means anything? 😭😭 loved him though, so nice and chill
My interviewer was a MD. But doubt that means anything. This school is disorganized. They probably didnt have enough interviewers for your interview day

Members don't see this ad :)
My interviewer was a MD. But doubt that means anything. This school is disorganized. They probably didnt have enough interviewers for your interview day
Nope there are some student interviewers that is normal - they are probably m3s or m4s who are part of the committee

Last edited:
Which is likely because they don't have enough faculty interviewers.
i guess so, im just looking at it from a glass half full perspective. i think students prob care more to do a good interview

Reactions: 2 users
i guess so, im just looking at it from a glass half full perspective. i think students prob care more to do a good interview
I definitely didn't view it as a bad thing! My student interviewer was super nice and approachable.

Which is likely because they don't have enough faculty interviewers.
A lot of medical schools have current students involved in the interviewing process. It’s not a sign of disorganization but rather a way for the school to allow current students to help shape the future student bodies.

Reactions: 8 users
A lot of medical schools have current students involved in the interviewing process. It’s not a sign of disorganization but rather a way for the school to allow current students to help shape the future student bodies.
Is it common for the primary interview to be with a medical student in your interviews? I have had interviews with a student, but usually its faculty interview which is on the application and the student interview is just asking about the things in the school.

lol okay buddy

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
did anyone not hear back from this school. I have not heard anything from them

Shameless plug for new admits to join the group me

• Haha
FYI, Merit based scholarships are offered with your initial acceptance letter, regardless of FAFSA. Some students even get full tuition merit based scholarships. If you did not receive a scholarship in or around your initial offer of acceptance, you will likely not receive one at all. Also, early acceptance does not necessarily increase odds for scholarship. Students who are accepted in May/June can also receive scholarships. Your FAFSA based cost-of-acceptance and financial aid loan options will likely come a bit later. :)

• Sad
FYI, Merit based scholarships are offered with your initial acceptance letter, regardless of FAFSA. Some students even get full tuition merit based scholarships. If you did not receive a scholarship in or around your initial offer of acceptance, you will likely not receive one at all. Also, early acceptance does not necessarily increase odds for scholarship. Students who are accepted in May/June can also receive scholarships. Your FAFSA based cost-of-acceptance and financial aid loan options will likely come a bit later. :)
Talkin abt scholarships smh...I'm out here wondering where my II is...iykyk

Ed Bassmaster Nascar GIF by Insurance_King

Reactions: 3 users
Side note, when did y'all that got an II get your prelim review complete?

I haven't heard back since late November, am I just waiting on a rejection at this point?

Not sure if it is different this year, but my acceptance email said information about scholarships would be forthcoming in the upcoming weeks, and seeing that almost no one has heard anything I don't think they've been giving them out upon acceptance. But please correct me if i'm wrong I just wanna hold out hope for one :cryi:

I was accepted a few weeks ago and was offered a scholarship exactly a week after I got the A

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Did any other accepted students receive the email today about the Primary Care Scholars Program?

Did anybody at all who interviewed in March hear anything back yet? I am starting to think March interviewed people are kind of like their emergency pool they will only reach into if they find out on April 15th and April 30th that people chose not to come here. Hoping I am wrong though.

Did anybody at all who interviewed in March hear anything back yet? I am starting to think March interviewed people are kind of like their emergency pool they will only reach into if they find out on April 15th and April 30th that people chose not to come here. Hoping I am wrong though.
What makes you think that? Comments like these kill my vibe..

Don’t let it get to your head too much. People have no real idea how this process works and Hackensack has a high post II acceptance rate. Of course there’s the 12-20% who won’t get accepted, but don’t let people guessing on how admissions work freak you out

It was only a guess given how nobody has posted a thing about March interview decisions yet despite there being 80+ of us who had one then. I think its a possibility also because it has been observed in the past that med schools ramp up acceptances sometimes on or around April 15th/30th. Dotsquared is correct that there is no actual way to know what's going on behind the scenes so please don't let my guessing ruin your vibe!!!

Nothing about Hackensack’s process is transparent enough to determine if that’s true tbh. I’m still waiting to hear back from a November interview and I don’t think I’m the only one, LOL

Nothing about Hackensack’s process is transparent enough to determine if that’s true tbh. I’m still waiting to hear back from a November interview and I don’t think I’m the only one, LOL
Yep I interviewed in October, accepted in late February. Weird process

Hey if we all get in lets volunteer in the admissions office and finally figure out what in the world goes on back there (but also keep it a secret to keep the tradition going)

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
I've been trying to withdraw my A for almost a week and no one is acknowledging it 😭 Uploaded on the portal and emailed adcom directly. they keep sending me email about info sessions for programs and accepted students week 😭😭😭 Should I just wait it out? I really don't like the idea of sitting on an A when I've already made a decision.

• Haha
I've been trying to withdraw my A for almost a week and no one is acknowledging it 😭 Uploaded on the portal and emailed adcom directly. they keep sending me email about info sessions for programs and accepted students week 😭😭😭 Should I just wait it out? I really don't like the idea of sitting on an A when I've already made a decision.
heres my recommendation - call admissions directly. 862-660-5000 best bet, call them tmrw morning !

throw in a good word for me.. jk hahah

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3 users
"I want to withdraw my A"
Hackensack: No lol

• Haha
I think they're just very disorganized / behind in their cycle because people who interviewed in Feb were just recently getting decisions back so it makes sense that they haven't even made decisions on March interviewees yet. I guess they just ignore the AAMC Traffic Rules lol