2023-2024 Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Considering FAFSA is still not processed, I’m wondering if we won’t get packages until April

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Woah I got the "still being considered for an interview" email yesterday morning. I am hoping this means something even this late into the cycle.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Woah I got the "still being considered for an interview" email yesterday morning. I am hoping this means something even this late into the cycle.
When I got this email in November, I got the II so I’m rooting for you!

When I got this email in November, I got the II so I’m rooting for you!
Thank you! How long after you got the email did you get the interview invite? Maybe this is some wishful thinking but I'd imagine my turnaround will be faster given that it is now so late in the cycle.

Thank you! How long after you got the email did you get the interview invite? Maybe this is some wishful thinking but I'd imagine my turnaround will be faster given that it is now so late in the cycle.
i got the invite like 2 min after getting the email. for others, a day or a week.

Honestly, it was not even an hour after

Mine came about a week later actually!! So don’t fret if you don’t get the II right away. Even for when they call you to schedule it can take a few weeks cuz it was about 2 weeks post invite before I called to double check lol. When I called they were happy cuz the woman doing it had just been going down a list of names all morning and I have a feeling she had just been leaving a lot of voicemails hahaha!

Got the A email. Has anyone been offered a merit-based scholarship as well? My email mentions I received one but doesn't include the amount.

Got the A email. Has anyone been offered a merit-based scholarship as well? My email mentions I received one but doesn't include the amount.
Update: I called the admission office about it and they were looking into the initial email oversight.

Got a follow-up email confirming a full tuition merit-based scholarship!!

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Update: I called the admission office about it and they were looking into the initial email oversight.

Absolutely killing it this cycle.

Thank you for your service:bow:

• Care

woah! thats amazing :) congrats!!

for the pre-matriculation checklist: does anyone have a due date for submitting transcripts? and if so what is it/has anyone actually already done this?

If I had a 1/28 interview and I haven’t heard back yet do we think it’s a WL??

Just had my interview + student q+a today. The students were very forthcoming about how HMSOM can take a looooong time to get back to us. I think one of them said that a good portion of accepted students hear April and after. We're probably in for a long wait

So what if we haven't heard a word since submitting a secondary? Anyone in the same boat & if so, what's your submission date?

I'm also seeing that two interviews are being done per applicant. What's that about? I'm late to the talk y'all

Does this school actually accept like 90 percent of people who interview lol
If this is really true… is it for all people interviewing from IS, OOS, or both??

I’m really trying not to get my hopes up but this fr is my top choice school and I would probably have a heart attack if I really got in. Also just anxious cuz I’m sitting on 3 WLs still no As from 6 interviews 😞😞

• Care
If this is really true… is it for all people interviewing from IS, OOS, or both??

I’m really trying not to get my hopes up but this fr is my top choice school and I would probably have a heart attack if I really got in. Also just anxious cuz I’m sitting on 3 WLs still no As from 6 interviews 😞😞
according to admit.org about 91% for IS and 86% for OOS

• Love
according to admit.org about 91% for IS and 86% for OOS
😩🫶🫶 and if what someone earlier said about most admits being like April that would be such an amazing bday present!!

Praying for all of us who really like & want to go here that we hear from them soon! I only interviewed 2/13 though so I’m def waiting a while longer hahaha!

• Care
So what if we haven't heard a word since submitting a secondary? Anyone in the same boat & if so, what's your submission date?

I'm also seeing that two interviews are being done per applicant. What's that about? I'm late to the talk y'all
Bump

It has now been 5 days since my "considering to interview" email came. I am so nervous waiting to hear something. I have multiple friends from last year's cycle who said they all got an interview after the consideration email, and there are several people in this thread who also claim the same thing, but I also came across one person who ended up not hearing anything back sadly.

It has now been 5 days since my "considering to interview" email came. I am so nervous waiting to hear something. I have multiple friends from last year's cycle who said they all got an interview after the consideration email, and there are several people in this thread who also claim the same thing, but I also came across one person who ended up not hearing anything back sadly.
I got the continued interest email on Feb 26 and haven’t heard anything since. I would love an interview here and I wish there was some way to reach out and ask about it but I feel like there really isn’t

I got the continued interest email on Feb 26 and haven’t heard anything since. I would love an interview here and I wish there was some way to reach out and ask about it but I feel like there really isn’t
I hope it is a batch process where they tell a number of people over 2-3 weeks they are being considered and then send them all the invite on the same day. It would be more organized I suppose than them handling each person one by one. Not to mention we all have to attend an admissions session together if we do get interview invites.

I got one back in october and nothing since :(

Has anyone who received a scholarship months/weeks after their acceptance know when the deadline to reply is? (They state “by the deadline stated below but I cannot find a date) And it is not binding to accept a scholarship right?

I have an interview coming up soon and I am very nervous. I hope everything works out because I am pretty good at communicating. Hackensack is easily my top choice so I am hoping for the best.

I have an interview coming up soon and I am very nervous. I hope everything works out because I am pretty good at communicating. Hackensack is easily my top choice so I am hoping for the best.
Good luck!

For the people who recieved scholarships was it a full ride or have partial scholarships been awarded? And also should we still expect scholarships to be sent out or would they have already sent all the ones out for accepted students?

For the people who recieved scholarships was it a full ride or have partial scholarships been awarded? And also should we still expect scholarships to be sent out or would they have already sent all the ones out for accepted students?

mine was partial! I’m guessing they’re still giving them out bc I just received mine yesterday and was accepted over a month ago!

You can get aid even before FAFSA is processed? Asking cause my FAFSA is still not processed

Got an II this afternoon. I thought this cycle was all Joever too… I guess it’s very true that they like to move really slowly with admissions here.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone hear back about aid who was accepted in early Feb?

M1 here stating for the record (for the anxious) that
A. Solidly 50+% of the (matriculating) class is accepted in April and forward (and like most of us got WL at some point) (I interviewed in December, WL late March, A May 1st)
B. The waitlist is primarily a stalling tactic but I do know someone who literally had already started classes at DO school when they were accepted and matriculated so they do really use it
C. They absolutely interview and accept until the clock runs out

AND YES it is very obnoxious and annoying of them to have the timeline that they do and I am 80% sure it is to scam the msar stats

BUT also the quality of the admissions department is not indicative of the overall quality of the school bc so far it’s fine tbh and comparable to my friends at other schools (literally a dude at Harvard is suffering worse than me) and we have great small group facilitators and like people are matching to very good residencies (think plastics at Yale)

Anyways basically good luck n stay positive

Reactions: 11 users