2023-2024 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OOS II - feeling a little floored rn, this was one of my reachiest reaches! Complete 8/1

• Love
Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I realized after submitting my photo that I didn't put it in square ratio, so it probably looks stretched. Should I reach out with a corrected photo?
When did they ask you to submit a photo the initial secondary doesn’t ?

Does anyone know what round of interviews they are on/ how much longer we could hear for?

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II!
Secondary submission: end of august
Completion Date: Early Sept.
LM: 70
Scheduling for 11/13-11/14

• Love
Reactions: 12 users
Does anyone know if we have to book our interview by a certain time after receiving the invitation? The email doesn’t specify and says to check back if slots are filled since new days will be added. But if the days don’t work, is it advisable to wait a couple of days to book the interview as more dates open?

Does anyone know if we have to book our interview by a certain time after receiving the invitation? The email doesn’t specify and says to check back if slots are filled since new days will be added. But if the days don’t work, is it advisable to wait a couple of days to book the interview as more dates open?
I got called by someone to schedule the interview the day I received the II

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh I didn’t get a call… do you think I should email them or just wait until more dates pop up?
Probably just wait for more dates to pop up. It had only been a few hours when I got the call from when I got the II. I was a bit confused because they made it seem like i had gotten the email a week ago and hadn't signed up yet. So I think it was probably a fluke

Is it okay to send more than one update letter if you have something significant changing? I only have some more shadowing stuff and grad school grade updates but I am not sure if this is worth updating right now.

+1 OOS II! Submitted 7/30. LM 76.9. Interviewing on 11/15.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Just got a call to schedule interview and email confirmation a few minutes later!! OOS complete early July

• Love
Is it bad to send another update letter?(grades update and new shadowing and clinical experiences)

Have you already sent one? Two might be overkill
I have it was with a publication and research labs and clinical experience. You’re right if they don’t want me with all that then :,)

Has anyone gotten an II without two science professor letters? I just realized that I had uploaded the minimum 4 letters required, but only included one science professor. The language on their website doesn't make it seem like a hard requirement, but I'm not sure how it might affect my application

• Care
duke is my top choice and i was toying with the idea of sending an interest letter, and specifically talk about their MD/MALS degree and research year. i don't really have any significant updates and i also used the additional essay on the secondary as a why duke essay, so i'm worried the LOI will sound repetitive. anyone have any advice? should i just wait it out? feeling discouraged want an II from here so badly :(
Don’t lose hope! I interviewed on the last week of interviews and got in! Duke is one of the few schools that doesn’t do rolling admission. Everyone finds out about their decision at the same time, regardless of how early you interviewed.

Reactions: 2 users
Don’t lose hope! I interviewed on the last week of interviews and got in! Duke is one of the few schools that doesn’t do rolling admission. Everyone finds out about their decision at the same time, regardless of how early you interviewed.
When would the last week of interviews be, just to manage expectations?

Does anyone know Duke’s policy on pre-II letters of interest? I don’t have any significant updates for them, just really wanna go here🤣

Reactions: 2 users
First-Year student at Duke who's on break for a week here...if anyone has any questions! Disclaimers, I really love it at Duke. :)

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
where can I find the zoom link for the interviews? It wasn't emailed to me, I don't see it anywhere in the application portal, and I've looked through all the documents they sent to us beforehand and still can't find anything.

where can I find the zoom link for the interviews? It wasn't emailed to me, I don't see it anywhere in the application portal, and I've looked through all the documents they sent to us beforehand and still can't find anything.
You should have received it the Thursday/Friday the week before your interview. If your interview is this week, then I'd probably email them

OOS II! LM 73.3. No ties to Duke or the East Coast. Complete 8/5.

• Love
First-Year student at Duke who's on break for a week here...if anyone has any questions! Disclaimers, I really love it at Duke. :)
Hi! Does Duke typically like post-interview (but pre-decision) letters of update/interest/intent? I'm considering sending one. Thanks!