2023-2024 Duke

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Starting this now. It's my last secondary. Number 31 of 31. Yes I got it a month ago. If these each were 250 words I'd have NO problem banging it out but 400 just feels like a MUCH bigger mental block. I basically have half of each one pre-written from other schools. How's everyone else doing?

Members don't see this ad.

Starting this now. It's my last secondary. Number 31 of 31. Yes I got it a month ago. If these each were 250 words I'd have NO problem banging it out but 400 just feels like a MUCH bigger mental block. I basically have half of each one pre-written from other schools. How's everyone else doing?
Imo the 400 word count wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Some tough prompts to answer, but overall I could get through it fine. I have no shot here but applied anyway.

Reactions: 1 users
Don't force yourself to fill out the 400 words. I think if you're getting your point across in 300 words then that's good and they'd probably appreciate it

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't force yourself to fill out the 400 words. I think if you're getting your point across in 300 words then that's good and they'd probably appreciate it
Thanks and this was awesome advice/motivation to finish :) Got it submitted, my target was just 300-400 words and they were usually 400!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys,
Does Duke not send an acknowledgment e-mail after you submit your secondary? I thought I would give some time but it's been about 2 weeks now, so was just wondering.

thanks

Hi guys,
Does Duke not send an acknowledgment e-mail after you submit your secondary? I thought I would give some time but it's been about 2 weeks now, so was just wondering.

thanks

I don’t think they send you anything. This was in their secondary invite email:

“DukeMed Supplemental Application is a self-managed application process.

You will not receive any further correspondence from our office regarding your status.”

• Wow
Reactions: 1 users
I don’t think they send you anything. This was in their secondary invite email:

“DukeMed Supplemental Application is a self-managed application process.

You will not receive any further correspondence from our office regarding your status.”
So do we have to check the portal then?

So do we have to check the portal then?

Yeah, check the portal to see if it’s submitted. You’ll only receive an email if invited for an interview. They won’t send anything to those who don’t receive an interview invite until the end of the cycle.

• Wow
thoughts on what it means if the duke md instagram requests to follow you…

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Do we know if the portal should show whether we’ve been rejected or invited considering they won’t notify us unless we’re invited for interviews?

Members don't see this ad :)
thoughts on what it means if the duke md instagram requests to follow you…
"After a careful review of your Instagram account and the lack of II in my DMs, I unfortunately have made the difficult decision to put your application on Hold. There were a lot of applicants who applied to be on my followers list and I thank you for your patience during this competitive process."

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8 users
Duke's invite arrives,
Under trees, I envision,
Dreams take root and thrive.

OOS II today
4.0/520, submitted secondary 7/14/2023

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
+1 OOS II, complete 7/7, LM 82.5

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
meanwhile i'm still trying to finish this secondary 😭

Unreal. +1 OOS II, received through apple watch notification while autoclaving the suture kits at work

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Click on your username in the toolbar, select Account details
under preferences select signature
fill in your things.
I like yours. I notice it every time and I sit there and think about it for a second.

• Care
  • Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone complete on 7/20 or after received an II yet?

Has anyone received the zoom link for the information session and interview? Mine is scheduled for 9/20, but I have not received the links yet. The most recent email says I should reach out if I have not received it by Friday at 1 pm.
How do you get this link —is it only sent to those who received II

OOS II today. Complete 7/16. LM75 ORM. First interview date offered 9/25.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Following (I know it's early in the cycle but Duke is my dream school 😭😭😭 Really hoping for that II)

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
Question: I submitted my secondary here on 7/20. However, I added another recommender on 8/1, and they submitted the letter on 8/3. My portal changed from complete to incomplete when I added the letter writer, and then on 8/3 switched back to completed.
Does this mean that my completion date switched from 7/20 to 8/3? I did this for other schools as well, so I was wondering.

Question: I submitted my secondary here on 7/20. However, I added another recommender on 8/1, and they submitted the letter on 8/3. My portal changed from complete to incomplete when I added the letter writer, and then on 8/3 switched back to completed.
Does this mean that my completion date switched from 7/20 to 8/3? I did this for other schools as well, so I was wondering.
I have the same question.