2023-2024 Charles R Drew

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
As in most of us are receiving financial aid in the form of govt loans but about 9 got full tuition scholarships

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
As in most of us are receiving financial aid in the form of govt loans but about 9 got full tuition scholarships

I thought you could only take private loans since they aren’t accredited yet? If we are able to take gov loans pre-accreditation, that changes the game tbh. I’m so curious about aid options.

I thought you could only take private loans since they aren’t accredited yet? If we are able to take gov loans pre-accreditation, that changes the game tbh. I’m so curious about aid options.
I think since they aren’t technically a “new” school, as in they have preexisting programs before they established their medical school, they qualify for federal loans.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just withdrew my acceptance. Wishing the best for everyone!!! You all are some of the most hard-working and diligent people I have gotten to know :) you got this!!!

I wish they would just tell us where we were on the WL so I could lower my hopes 😓

Reactions: 3 users
Did anyone else not get a response after replying to the WL email?

Did anyone else not get a response after replying to the WL email?
It’s not an answer to your question but I just wanted to thank you lol😅 I glanced at the WL email and didn’t even realize you had to accept it until I just saw your post 😭

Haven’t got a waitlist email yet and a feeling nervous. Anyone else not get one yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Haven’t got a waitlist email yet and a feeling nervous. Anyone else not get one yet?
I also didn’t get the waitlist email this week. :/ I assume that the R is likely coming soon.

• Sad
Anyone else studying for their MCAT retake half-assedly and stupidly hoping for that savior A before test day?

• Haha
how does that work? Was it just typed in the groupme that they committed? Or if you are in the Groupme that means you are committed to that school and withdrew from other acceptances?
There is another chat that is JUST for committed students, and Dr. Loeza sent out a mass email "Onboarding Class of 2028, Cohort 2"

as in CTE? :O
Also, thank you for the updates! It’s greatly appreciated!
Our CTE was on 04/30/24 o_O since we start in July. So there was movement after that but people that were accepted off the waitlist had to either accept/decline VERY quickly

Has anyone had any luck asking CDU about their placement rank on the waitlist?

Has anyone had any luck asking CDU about their placement rank on the waitlist?
Dont hold your breath waiting on a response about waitlist placement.

As of now, the class is committed and full. There has been a good amount of movement off the waitlist the last two weeks, so I wouldnt really expect much moving forward.

Hope that helps!

Dont hold your breath waiting on a response about waitlist placement.

As of now, the class is committed and full. There has been a good amount of movement off the waitlist the last two weeks, so I wouldnt really expect much moving forward.

Hope that helps!
Could you elaborate on how much movement there has been?

Are people in the accepted/committed students chat seemingly set on attending CDU or are there some that are still waiting to hear back from other schools or get off other waitlists?

Are people in the accepted/committed students chat seemingly set on attending CDU or are there some that are still waiting to hear back from other schools or get off other waitlists?
To me it seems like everyone in the chat is attending CDU

There is usually some movement (albeit limited) in June when folks who are on waitlists for other schools get accepted, which could trickle down to CDU. Of course this is all speculation but seems to be the norm

There is usually some movement (albeit limited) in June when folks who are on waitlists for other schools get accepted, which could trickle down to CDU. Of course this is all speculation but seems to be the norm
I think this is normally the case/usual circumstance, but the waitlist movement came earlier because of the AAMC CTE tool. Also the CTE tool automatically removed many of us off some schools waitlist after choosing CDU which we pretty much had to do by like 5/2, otherwise our spot at CDU was highly jeopardized. IF there is any movement moving forward, it would be logistical (i.e. background check incomplete/ immunizations incomplete, etc) and it may be 1-5 students IF that... As of now, everyone in our chat/CDU email thread is committed & doing their best to make sure they're starting at CDU July 8th.

I hope this helps! As a non-trad reapplicant over 3x (in addition to taking the MCAT 4+ times, with an uncompetitive uGPA), I know how frustrating this process can be. Whatever happens in your journey to medical school, dont give up and keep trying until you get that yes! It really is a great feeling on this side of it all knowing I never gave up

• Care
Reactions: 2 users