2022-2023 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone else been invited to an in-person tour of the school after completing their interview? Is it mandatory / could it affect decision making?

Reactions: 1 users
doesn't wayne state start releasing decisions starting 10/15?
Yes but we were told on our interview day by Ms. Yargeau that we should email them if we still haven’t heard anything one month after the interview. I am not ED and I don’t think anyone in my interview group was.

Members don't see this ad :)
II today. OOS URM secondary submitted 7/21

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II received. WOO!

Does anyone know Wayne states post interview acceptance rate for OOS? I just got an interview from them and curious

What time do they typically send out invites for interviews?

Complete 7/31, MD II 8/17 and PhD II 9/6. In person PhD interviews :D

Yes but we were told on our interview day by Ms. Yargeau that we should email them if we still haven’t heard anything one month after the interview. I am not ED and I don’t think anyone in my interview group was.
I interviewed early August and wasn't told anything like that. I think Wayne releases decisions starting Oct 15, so i wouldn't stress :)

Hey guys! I have a question about Wayne's prereqs. They say they require Two semesters of organic chemistry physics. I only completed 1 of each. Last year I interviewed and got waitlisted at Wayne, they even emailed me a week before class started to say I might get called. Where they just going to reject me after seeing that I haven't taken those or are they really just "recommendations" and not required? I would take them during this cycle but I am in a bio masters so it would be hard to squeeze in. If they accept me this year, will they not let me in without the classes? I feel like I shouldn't bring them up to them.
it's your responsibility to have all prereqs completed before you start at Wayne. They may just assume you have all classes completed until they find out you actually have not taken everything. They can still interview you and accept you, but you still have to take those classes unless you ask Wayne for exceptions.

I received an email on Why Wayne. Did anyone received and how important to attend the session on that?

I received an email on Why Wayne. Did anyone received and how important to attend the session on that?
+1 but I did already interview with them and I keep getting promo mail and email from them as if I didn’t apply yet lol

• Haha
Could someone that has interviewed comment on the MMI portion? Does it involve role playing? Also what was the level of difficulty of the prompts?

Could someone that has interviewed comment on the MMI portion? Does it involve role playing? Also what was the level of difficulty of the prompts?
No role playing! Mmi q’s are fairly straightforward. If you’re practicing them in general you should be good to go

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
No role playing! Mmi q’s are fairly straightforward. If you’re practicing them in general you should be good to go
What resources did you use for practice questions? Is there a particular website that's been helpful?

Same here RIP

Have any Canadians heard anything back from anywhere??
Submitted all of my secondaries late June/early July, have 1 II, 2 Rs and radio silence from everywhere else (applied to 22 schools but never got secondaries for 2 of them). I thought Wayne state was Canadian friendly but maybe they just review our apps later?

Same here RIP

Have any Canadians heard anything back from anywhere??
Submitted all of my secondaries late June/early July, have 1 II, 2 Rs and radio silence from everywhere else (applied to 22 schools but never got secondaries for 2 of them). I thought Wayne state was Canadian friendly but maybe they just review our apps later?
Y'all I say we need to create a group where Canadians keep each other informed & support each other!! What do you say? What is the best way to do this?

Reactions: 6 users
Interview was great!! Everyone was so nice and the entire thing was pretty chill. especially compared to my interviews i've had in Canada.