2022-2023 Wayne State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know what the average MCAT & GPA was last year? What's the range of MCAT/GPA that most matriculants fall under?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks- I believe that's the 10th-90th percentile range. I was just wondering what the average or 50th percentile was.
Per MSAR - the median or 50th percentile MCAT score was 513 for all accepted applicants, 512 for all matriculants. cGPA was around 3.80 for both

Reactions: 1 users
Per MSAR - the median or 50th percentile MCAT score was 513 for all accepted applicants, 512 for all matriculants. cGPA was around 3.80 for both
Awesome-thank you so much. Do you know if Wayne uses science GPA or is it just cGPA?

Awesome-thank you so much. Do you know if Wayne uses science GPA or is it just cGPA?
I’m sure they look at both, though their sGPA avg last year was 3.75 which is pretty close to the cGPA so I wouldn’t stress over it

Holy crap 80 primaries... how do you do it lol
Fortunately I qualified for FAP this cycle, so that covered 20. For the rest of them I essentially worked overtime/saved over the past year leading up to the start of the cycle. Currently debating on adding more but my brain is fried from all the secondaries 😅

Reactions: 1 user
Is the tour in-person? Also, are there any advantages to doing the tour before getting an acceptance, because I would have to drive 16 hours for a 1 hour tour :(
Idk if there’s advantages in the admissions process, probably not. But in terms of like getting a sense of the campus and the city if you’ve never been is good for seeing if you can actually see yourself at Wayne, should you be fortunate enough to get multiple acceptances. That’s at least my mindset going into it. But I also live close so it’s not a huge deal for me to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
Idk if there’s advantages in the admissions process, probably not. But in terms of like getting a sense of the campus and the city if you’ve never been is good for seeing if you can actually see yourself at Wayne, should you be fortunate enough to get multiple acceptances. That’s at least my mindset going into it. But I also live close so it’s not a huge deal for me to go.
I could've guessed that you live close, summit place kia!

Canadian EDP here, submitted my secondaries on Aug 8th, still havent heard back? does that mean I shouldn't have high hopes?
Also does the time it takes to hear back after submitting secondaries to get II reflect how competetive your app is?
3.87 cGPA, 3.88 sGPA
519 MCAT (but multiple attempts)

Canadian EDP here, submitted my secondaries on Aug 8th, still havent heard back? does that mean I shouldn't have high hopes?
Also does the time it takes to hear back after submitting secondaries to get II reflect how competetive your app is?
3.87 cGPA, 3.88 sGPA
519 MCAT (but multiple attempts)
idk, im IS 513 MCAT 3.7 GPA complete 7/21 and haven't heard either

Anyone go on the tour? What’s the dress code if there is one?

But they could also reject you or waitlist you on October 15th so there is no knowing for sure!

I submitted on 7/27 and still haven't heard back. I'm IS with an LM of 75 and a WARS between 70-80 depending on how they look at some of my ECs and also have some ties to Wayne State. Since people that submitted after me are getting IIs, should I consider the radio silence a soft R?

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted on 7/27 and still haven't heard back. I'm IS with an LM of 75 and a WARS between 70-80 depending on how they look at some of my ECs and also have some ties to Wayne State. Since people that submitted after me are getting IIs, should I consider the radio silence a soft R?
was complete 7/17 LM 72 WARS 81, also haven't heard back

was complete 7/17 LM 72 WARS 81, also haven't heard back

Last cycle, Wayne State sent out ~600 IIs by 9/4. We are like only one week-ish away from early September but they only have sent out ~300 IIs. So, definitely not! If they follow last yr's trend, they may send more IIs this and next week. They tend to send a few sprinkles of IIs and a big wave of II (assuming how their admissions work stayed the same) I am a reapplicant who interviewed with Wayne 2 cycles ago. Hopefully I get a chance with them one more time :)

p.s.: For those who are unaware, Wayne State is one of the very few schools who release their admission tracker numbers online. So number of IIs are public on their website

Reactions: 4 users
Last cycle, Wayne State sent out ~600 IIs by 9/4. We are like only one week-ish away from early September but they only have sent out ~300 IIs. So, definitely not! If they follow last yr's trend, they may send more IIs this and next week. They tend to send a few sprinkles of IIs and a big wave of II (assuming how their admissions work stayed the same) I am a reapplicant who interviewed with Wayne 2 cycles ago. Hopefully I get a chance with them one more time :)

p.s.: For those who are unaware, Wayne State is one of the very few schools who release their admission tracker numbers online. So number of IIs are public on their website
Thanks for the info: https://www.med.wayne.edu/admissions
1661446930432.png

Reactions: 3 users
For anyone who has done their interview, is there an email link that gets sent to you for the video call or is it all in the portal under the web interview tab? It mentions a welcome session 30 minutes prior that we will get a link to but I haven't gotten one for my interview tomorrow

thank u for the info! definitely makes me feel better, hoping for one, good luck to u too!

• Care
Looking at MSAR for last year’s cycle, about 1,410 IIs were sent out for Wayne. This eases my neuroticism a bit.
Taking this neuroticism to the next step...

The wayback machine also shows that they had sent out 319 interviews by August 12th last year. We're about 2 weeks past that point and not even up to that number yet

For anyone who has done their interview, is there an email link that gets sent to you for the video call or is it all in the portal under the web interview tab? It mentions a welcome session 30 minutes prior that we will get a link to but I haven't gotten one for my interview tomorrow
It’s all on the portal for the actual interview and then you get sent a zoom link the day before for the welcome session

It’s all on the portal for the actual interview and then you get sent a zoom link the day before for the welcome session
Thanks! what time around did you get the zoom link the day before? because I still don't have one and am wondering if I should wait until later tonight or email for mine tomorrow

My app was moved from EDP to regular. I am non trad candian applicant. Does this mean I pretty much got rejected? Is there even any hope of receiving II?

My app was moved from EDP to regular. I am non trad candian applicant. Does this mean I pretty much got rejected? Is there even any hope of receiving II?
There's always hope. Hang in there.

There's always hope. Hang in there.
I mean that technically means my chances are slim to none right? I mean nothing is impossible, but realistically I should take this as an R right?

Does this school screen before giving out secondaries? If so does anyone know how they screen?

II today! Interviewed and was wait listed this past cycle so super hyped about it :) OOS, submitted secondary 7/18

II today! This is my top choice so I'm really, really excited! OOS with strong ties, complete August 17th :)

Last edited:
Complete 7/21. I received an email that I was under review, but I've yet to hear anything more. Anyone else in the same boat here?

Can someone explain why would they move someone from EDP to regular without interviewing them. And also not reject them. I mean they have already went through the application and know everything there is to know. this is confusing me so much.

Can someone explain why would they move someone from EDP to regular without interviewing them. And also not reject them. I mean they have already went through the application and know everything there is to know. this is confusing me so much.
Hi, i believe that you need to have submitted your EDP app before August 1, but may be wrong. This could explain your situation

Hi, i believe that you need to have submitted your EDP app before August 1, but may be wrong. This could explain your situation
I submitted the EDP before the deadline. Also, I meet the GPA and MCAT cutoffs.

i'm stressed now, I submitted my secondaries on the 2nd and got my mcat score of 512 on the 16th and still haven't heard from wayne state :(