2022-2023 Vermont

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got a delayed decision as well, but it specifically says the committee will look at the app “until a decision of accepted or waitlisted is made”. Idk if they’re just being nice but it doesn’t sound like a waitlist to me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Delayed decision🥺 as of 10/20. Received II 8/11 and interviewed 8/23.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
lots of silence today, any other interview dates hear back? getting more and more anxious (interviewed 9/20)

Can any students here speak on how frequent exams are? I know some schools are weekly or biweekly, is that the case here?

lots of silence today, any other interview dates hear back? getting more and more anxious (interviewed 9/20)
I interviewed 9/28 and they had said that we wouldn't hear back until mid-November. I know it's not the same week as you but maybe the release dates will be closer?

Reactions: 1 user
I interviewed 9/28 and they had said that we wouldn't hear back until mid-November. I know it's not the same week as you but maybe the release dates will be closer?
oh wow wish they would have given my group a more accurate estimate, they just gave us the generic "any day after the 17th"

Interviewed 9/14. So hoping maybe to hear first week of Nov then? It’s just a guessing game at this point lol

Can any students here speak on how frequent exams are? I know some schools are weekly or biweekly, is that the case here?

M1 here, so my extent of knowledge is only through this semester, but we typically have a set of exams (Main exam + an anatomy practical) every 3 weeks +/- a few days. For the most part, they are NOT cumulative either. We also have a few ethics essay exams, but these are basically completion grades.

OOS ii today. Complete in August.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know if they accept update letters?
"Additional letters of recommendation or updates are not necessary as the Admissions Committee only reviews your application materials submitted at the time of completion. " is stated on their website.

II OOS received about 30 minutes ago!

Multiple interview dates available in November, I was able to schedule for this Friday.

LM 69.9, complete 07/12

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Just here to say that I’m like… so excited and grateful for this interview on Friday!

I’ve been super excited about this school since the start and I’ve heard so many great things!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Last minute submission on Nov.1 and just submitted my secondary (Nov. 4) lol. Hail Mary.

Have the R's rolled yet?

Has anyone spoken with the school about when 9/23 interviewers would hear back from them about decisions?

Anyone interview 8/30 and has gotten a response? Still nothing for me

Anyone interview 8/30 and has gotten a response? Still nothing for me

Do you mean like you haven’t gotten an email at all? I interviewed around then and got a delayed decision email but nothing since then.

I am OOS - no information since submitting in August. Any OSS have interviews yet?

Reactions: 5 users
Submitted yesterday. No update yet. Lol

No, seriously if I hear anything I will be your timestamp.

Do you mean like you haven’t gotten an email at all? I interviewed around then and got a delayed decision email but nothing since then.
No, I have not gotten a decision yet... when did you interview?

8/30 and still waiting. Does anyone know if we will hear back soon or is it just a waiting game at this point?

it's november 7th folks.... especially for those who interviewed in september. just sayin

Did anyone do thank you letters here?

I feel like it would be a little much to write eight or more letters for the MMI station interviewers, but did anyone try their hand at some kind of thanks?

Did anyone do thank you letters here?

I feel like it would be a little much to write eight or more letters for the MMI station interviewers, but did anyone try their hand at some kind of thanks?
I did not write individual letters for every interviewer. However, I did type up one letter and asked that it be distributed by the admissions office to everyone who assisted. They were very helpful!

After looking though last year's thread, it appears that most OOS decisions are issued in December and January after the IS decisions are rolled out in December. As I recall, this year's IS decisions will be released beginning on December 5 or 15 (I can't remember which).

After looking though last year's thread, it appears that most OOS decisions are issued in December and January after the IS decisions are rolled out in December. As I recall, this year's IS decisions will be released beginning on December 5 or 15 (I can't remember which).
During my session (mid-September), they said OOS would hear back mid-November and IS in December!

I know this question is posed all of the time, but I am adding it once more: Vermont Campus or Connecticut Campus?
From the website and info during the interview, I've gathered that the Connecticut campus has a more urban population and is the home of the Global Health Program. Other than that, I can't see a meaningful reason to choose one over the other besides geographical preference.
My interest is in emergency medicine. I would love to be involved in global health opportunities, but I'm told I could still participate from the Vermont campus. I think I am leaning toward the Vermont campus simply for the sake of not moving twice, but if the clinical opportunities in Connecticut are notably better then that would absolutely be my first choice.
Any recommendations? Or any insider info that the school doesn't advertise?

I know this question is posed all of the time, but I am adding it once more: Vermont Campus or Connecticut Campus?
From the website and info during the interview, I've gathered that the Connecticut campus has a more urban population and is the home of the Global Health Program. Other than that, I can't see a meaningful reason to choose one over the other besides geographical preference.
My interest is in emergency medicine. I would love to be involved in global health opportunities, but I'm told I could still participate from the Vermont campus. I think I am leaning toward the Vermont campus simply for the sake of not moving twice, but if the clinical opportunities in Connecticut are notably better then that would absolutely be my first choice.
Honestly, I almost forgot about this. I'm gonna lean towards Burlington over Danbury tbh.

We were told during the interview last week that emergency medicine can actually ONLY be pursued from the Vermont campus. You have to do your rotations for this particular specialty at an academic center, which only the Vermont campus is, I think.

Open to being corrected if anyone knows otherwise!

We were told during the interview last week that emergency medicine can actually ONLY be pursued from the Vermont campus. You have to do your rotations for this particular specialty at an academic center, which only the Vermont campus is, I think.

Unless the curriculum is changing for co2027, Emergency Medicine is a required rotation for all students and is taken at either VT and CT campus accordingly.

With regards to global health, there are two chances to participate. Summer after first-year, or as a 4th year elective. For the first-year opportunity, it really does not matter which campus you are whatsoever. Logistically, the 4th year elective will be more difficult from the VT campus as the schedules are different.
There is a possibility of switching campus choices after being accepted as long as there is another student wanting to switch to your campus.