2022-2023 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interviewed 9/20 and nothing yet :(

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats!!

Do you guys mind sharing your stats if comfortable? I am interviewing in a few weeks as someone below median mcat so I’m nervous

Stats were mid but my wars ~100. Echoing my friend above, just show your interest in the school and how it would be a good fit and you got this!

Ughhhhh interviewed 9/9 and didn't hear anything, is this a bad sign?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
9/8 interview and nothing. Looks like I caught a WL again if previous years mean anything. Ah well

A today, 10/18, interviewed 9/29, LM 3.91 cGPA, 3.89 sGPA, 515 MCAT

Reactions: 1 users
9/8 interview and nothing. Looks like I caught a WL again if previous years mean anything. Ah well
im really hoping thats not the case cuz same :( does anyone know from past years if thats usually what happens?

OOS II today! Complete 7/11 and 2nd quartile CASPer if anyone is interested. The earliest available interview date was mid-January. Congrats to those who have been accepted!

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II too! Complete back in june lol! I dont see any dates available so I guess I will have to check back

stony brook does in state tuition after 1 year right?
I think it depends on how one can establish residency in the state of NY. Each state has their own standards and basis for how that determination is made, California being one of the more difficult states to do so.

Do y'all think post II decisions will trickle out or should we be waiting for a decision wave in November?

Do we get the info sessions and interviewers' names email a week before our interview?

Does anyone know how long interviews run until? Complete 7/29 and nothing still

Are the two interviews an hour each or 30 minutes? Couldn't find any info on this!

Mine was one with faculty and one with an M2. The faculty one was about 30ish minutes and the student one was longer at 45min. Both I thought went well and overall, I had a great experience interviewing here!

Reactions: 2 users
Are the two interviews an hour each or 30 minutes? Couldn't find any info on this!
Both my faculty and M2 interviewers said said they didn’t have other interviewees right after me and both ended up about 45 mins each!

Did they have a list of questions they were kind of going off of, or was it more conversational?

The II fountain seems to have slowed down to a trickle

The II fountain seems to have slowed down to a trickle

I think their website says the interview through March but most are completed by January. Most of the recent people who recieved II had only January dates available so I’m sure they’ve offered a good chunk of their interviews which is why it’s slowed down. But like their site says they’ll interview through March and as people who have been accepted before December decline I’m sure more II will get sent out. Don’t lose faith!!! I know someone who interviewed in February here a few years back and got accepted

IS II Received! Complete 9/3/22. Earliest available interview date was Feb 2nd

Did anyone CC the admissions office when you sent your thank you notes to your interviewers? Someone told me we had to so they can add it to our file but I never recalled being told that!

Did anyone CC the admissions office when you sent your thank you notes to your interviewers? Someone told me we had to so they can add it to our file but I never recalled being told that!
I was told during my interview to only send them to the admissions office, not their personal email.

I was told to send it to the admissions office or my interviewers, but to still cc admissions even if I chose the latter.

Did anyone send thank you notes to the adcom email and they were posted the document upload section on the portal? I sent an update letter that was posted there by the admissions committee, but my thank you notes were not.

Same I didn't know this, I just sent them directly to my interviewers. Would this negatively impact our apps?
I did the same because I didn't know as well and don't remember it being mentioned during my interview/informational session. I wouldn't sweat it though. Thank you letters are just something that come from the heart and a way to show gratitude. No way they are used as a metric to judge who should and should not be admitted.

this is one of my top dream schools but i guess waiting for an ii at this point is a bit of a lost cause? seems like spots are filled up for pretty far out

I did the same because I didn't know as well and don't remember it being mentioned during my interview/informational session. I wouldn't sweat it though. Thank you letters are just something that come from the heart and a way to show gratitude. No way they are used as a metric to judge who should and should not be admitted.
I interviewed this month and the person running the interview zoom link said they are entirely optional, so they are definitely not used for anything. Thanking your interviewers is enough! It sucks that this process is so tedious that we worry over tiny things like this.

Accepted just now via email!!!!!!!!! Interviewed 10/13!!!!! I'm soooooo stoked

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Same I didn't know this, I just sent them directly to my interviewers. Would this negatively impact our apps?
Hey! I did end up forwarding my thank you notes to the admissions email yesterday and got an A today! So I'm pretty sure they made their decision without the TY notes OR sending them triggered them to release my A :rofl:

• Haha