2022-2023 Stony Brook

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey all, are most of you aiming for 500 words? I feel like there's not much more I can write but my responses are only like 250 words, is this too short?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey all, are most of you aiming for 500 words? I feel like there's not much more I can write but my responses are only like 250 words, is this too short?

I aim for 75% (375 words) but just write until you feel like you’ve explained yourself

Last edited:
I wonder how many times i gotta refresh my email till i see an email from Stony

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II received today! Lizzy M 67, ORM, IS, reapplicant, CASPR 4th Quartile

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users
Btw has anyone received an II with a 1-2Q score on Casper? I feel like stony may screen based off casper scores or at least take them into heavy consideration….

Btw has anyone received an II with a 1-2Q score on Casper? I feel like stony may screen based off casper scores or at least take them into heavy consideration….
I got one with a 2Q casper so I think there's definitely more things going into the review than that

Reactions: 1 users
I'm guessing you're on mobile because I think signatures in general are not visible that way for some reason. Here are my stats from my signature: LM 81.6 || ORM || Non-Trad || EMT || Research || 4Q CA$PER

Members don't see this ad :)
Just received II!

IS ORM Complete 7/06 LM 72 Casper 4th quartile

Reactions: 5 users
II received today!!! LM 71, ORM, IS, 4th Q casper, Complete 7/21/2022

Reactions: 3 users
Where should we upload our ID photos? In the documents section or the "applicant photo" section?

Just out of curiosity, what is the earliest month available for interviews, for people who have received IIs recently?

Where should we upload our ID photos? In the documents section or the "applicant photo" section?
I put it in the applicant photo section tab that came up when it says upload a photo before selecting a date

IS II received! 71 LM, ORM, and complete on 6/27/22. Good luck to the other applicants!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
IS II received! 71 LM, ORM, and complete on 6/27/22. Good luck to the other applicants!
This is especially great news considering that such an early in state applicant got their interview just now

congrats <3

Last edited:
IS II received :')! Complete 7/12

• Love
After searching through the past 2 cycles' threads, I was wondering if this year, there was an interview day? Like on the day of or a little before your interview, you get a virtual tour with a bunch of presentations? It seemed in 2019-2020 there was, but not for 2020-2021 which I believe is due to the ongoing pandemic. I assume it's the latter for this year, as well?

After searching through the past 2 cycles' threads, I was wondering if this year, there was an interview day? Like on the day of or a little before your interview, you get a virtual tour with a bunch of presentations? It seemed in 2019-2020 there was, but not for 2020-2021 which I believe is due to the ongoing pandemic. I assume it's the latter for this year, as well?
There are additional information sessions where you speak to staff and students. They emailed me after I received my interview invite with the dates of these sessions and I signed up for one.

There are additional information sessions where you speak to staff and students. They emailed me after I received my interview invite with the dates of these sessions and I signed up for one.
Ooo gotcha. Is it bad that I did not receive such an email lol

EDIT: jk my slot is quite some time away and I'll get it closer to then

Has anyone interviewed here yet? How did it go?
It was really straight forward and concise. The whole thing took a few hours of screen time (compared to others that can be half a day, sometimes longer). Two back to back interviews with profs and just really conversational and chill. No curve balls and no stress, for me anyway. Good luck!

It was really straight forward and concise. The whole thing took a few hours of screen time (compared to others that can be half a day, sometimes longer). Two back to back interviews with profs and just really conversational and chill. No curve balls and no stress, for me anyway. Good luck!
Are there any curriculum presentations, student panels, etc…? Or is just the two interviews straight up?

Also, is it in the morning or afternoon (so I can plan or not plan to take a day off for it)?

Wishing you the best of luck with Stony!

Thank you so much!!

Are there any curriculum presentations, student panels, etc…? Or is just the two interviews straight up?

Also, is it in the morning or afternoon (so I can plan or not plan to take a day off for it)?

Wishing you the best of luck with Stony!
They'll send you an email closer to your date with info about admissions sessions- I went the week before my interview. As for times, you'll get your schedule a few days before along with the names of your interviewers. Good luck!

Thanks for the feedback! Was it open or close file? And did the interviewers have a set list of questions already, or was it purely conversational?

It was so conversational that I couldn't tell whether it was open or closed. Lots of opened ended questions like why Stony, what are you interested in researching, what activities did you do on campus, etc. I didn't get the sense that they were going down a list...just trying to find out more about me and my interests.

It was so conversational that I couldn't tell whether it was open or closed. Lots of opened ended questions like why Stony, what are you interested in researching, what activities did you do on campus, etc. I didn't get the sense that they were going down a list...just trying to find out more about me and my interests.
With the why research, are you MD/PhD? Or a lot of research on your app? Asking because I assumed since I had research on my app and chose not to apply MD/PhD that they would ask why aren't you, so that's interesting! Thanks for all the wonderful insight though!

Just MD, but yeah, lot of research on my app. Believe me, this interview was one of my chillest thus far!

• Care
Any current students here that I can dm a few questions regarding the school? (or just ask here if that's easier!)

Any current students here that I can dm a few questions regarding the school? (or just ask here if that's easier!)
If you can't find a medical student, I was a undergrad student here if you had general campus questions

II, In state, LizzyM 73, ORM, done early july

been waiting for a long time and thought i got passed over. giant hypocrite for this but truly just gotta be patient

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
II, In state, LizzyM 73, ORM, done early july, undergrad kid

been waiting for a long time and thought i got passed over. giant hypocrite for this but truly just gotta be patient

Congrats broooo

• Care
what is the LM of the average accepted stony applicant? coming from an applicant with a 72

Has anyone interviewed here and can tell us how it went, what type of qs to expect?