2022-2023 Sam Houston State University - College of Osteopathic Medicine (SHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Prematched as well! I interviewed in July.

Reactions: 1 users
Just pre-matched too!! Interviewed in early September

Last edited:
If we pre-matched do we have to fill out the offer response?

Reactions: 1 user
Just to double check, we can accept the offer on the portal, but still matriculate to a different school if we match it higher on TMDSAS?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to double check, we can accept the offer on the portal, but still matriculate to a different school if we match it higher on TMDSAS?
Yes, everybody, you can accept and hold all offers you get from TMDSAS between now and your deadline to rank your schools February 17th.
If you have so many offers you would like to turn down one you would rank low, you can do that too ( A rare situation :) )

Don't turn any down or miss a deadline to respond unless you have one acceptance in your hand!

Reactions: 3 users
Yes, everybody, you can accept and hold all offers you get from TMDSAS between now and your deadline to rank your schools February 17th.
If you have so many offers you would like to turn down one you would rank low, you can do that too ( A rare situation :) )

Don't turn any down or miss a deadline to respond unless you have one acceptance in your hand!
Thanks Wysdoc, I know you've answered these questions a million times. We appreciate you!

Pre-matched😭 interviewed late August

For those that pre matched did y’all feel interview day went well? Also how long after from complete did you all get interview invites. I’m trying to see something

For those that pre matched did y’all feel interview day went well? Also how long after from complete did you all get interview invites. I’m trying to see something
I had a really strong interview I think. And I think it was about a month between

Forgot to post on this thread! II on 10/10, complete 8/25. I ended up turning it down, hopefully the spot goes to one of y'all who is waiting!

Is it just me or is there no information on the portal about how long we have to accept/reject the prematch? Does anyone know the timeline?

If I submitted my app end of August/beginning of September, do you guys think they’ve already reviewed my application?

I'm in the same boat, I haven't had any movement either.

It took nearly 4 months for me to receiving my II. There’s no way to know if they’ve looked at an app yet. Schools view them in various ordering schemes and just bc they’ve viewed it doesn’t mean they won’t send you a II months later.

I am a little confused on how prematching works in the grander scheme of things.. should I go ahead and still accept the seat offer even though I am not 100% sure whether or not I will be attending this school in the future?

I am a little confused on how prematching works in the grander scheme of things.. should I go ahead and still accept the seat offer even though I am not 100% sure whether or not I will be attending this school in the future?
Yes, you can accept as many prematch offers as you want. Where your rank the schools on your TMDSAS app is where you will go come match day

I have decided to withdraw from my interview here!! Hopefully it goes to one of y'all. Good luck!!

I have decided to withdraw from my interview here!! Hopefully it goes to one of y'all. Good luck!!
Hey do you remember when you were complete and how long it took for you get an interview after that ? And is yours a November date ?

Also do y’all know how it works if many people drop dates and things open up, will they move people up in order or can people request to be moved up if there is an open wing. I know people would also like to keep their dates no matter what because of travel accommodations and prep .

Also do y’all know how it works if many people drop dates and things open up, will they move people up in order or can people request to be moved up if there is an open wing. I know people would also like to keep their dates no matter what because of travel accommodations and prep .
The invites from SHSU-COM have the option to withdrawal prior to scheduling the interview. I believe there is going to be 3-4 more interview dates this cycle. It would be my guess that they will send out more invites to fill spots as people withdraw.

For those who have pre-matched, have you submitted your transcripts yet? When I download the transcript request form, it only shows entry years for 2022 and 2021...

For those who have pre-matched, have you submitted your transcripts yet? When I download the transcript request form, it only shows entry years for 2022 and 2021...
I just realized I was supposed to attach a form... Time to email them and see

Hey do you remember when you were complete and how long it took for you get an interview after that ? And is yours a November date ?
2ndary submitted 7/3. Interview invite 10/3, and the interview was scheduled for Nov 4th. Hope this helps!

i will not be bound to the school if i accept the prematch offer in the portal, right? I know that everyone has been saying prematches are not binding but the way its phrased in the portal kinda freaks me out. it just says "i accept the offer of admission" lol

i will not be bound to the school if i accept the prematch offer in the portal, right? I know that everyone has been saying prematches are not binding but the way its phrased in the portal kinda freaks me out. it just says "i accept the offer of admission" lol
Accept it. Pre matches are non contingent.

Yes you can accept. You can postpone other paperwork affiliated with their school until after Match Day.
Just watch the deadlines by which they ask for your answer.

Going forward are these the only interview dates left?

November 4
December 2
January 20

Howdy y’all! Prematched here and was looking for a bit more info before I commit. I was wondering if any current students (or mods) could comment on how this school plans to fulfill rotations.

I see the rotation sites are 1-3 hours away from campus in ETx and not close to one another (Ennis, Nacogdoches). Are students expected to just move to a new part of TX every few months?

Howdy y’all! Prematched here and was looking for a bit more info before I commit. I was wondering if any current students (or mods) could comment on how this school plans to fulfill rotations.

I see the rotation sites are 1-3 hours away from campus in ETx and not close to one another (Ennis, Nacogdoches). Are students expected to just move to a new part of TX every few months?
I believe they said you'd be at your one rotation region for the full two years, so you'd stay local to that area for the whole time and not have to move

Reactions: 2 users

I am an applicant, but I spoke with faculty about this. You will be placed at a certain area for the entirety of you rotations. All clinical sites will within at most a 1 hour drive of this location that you are placed at. If you have to travel further than this for a rotation site, housing will be provided for the term of the rotation.

I just received the email stating -

This email is to notify you the Admissions Committee has completed its review of your file. No action is needed on your part.

Hopefully that means another round of prematch offers are coming out soon!

This email is to notify you the Admissions Committee has completed its review of your file. No action is needed on your part.

Same. When did you interview?

I think in years past they sent out some mid November. Would love a prematch from here, so fingers crossed we hear something soon!

Reactions: 2 users
My secondary portal status changed to "'Your application is under review". Anyone have any idea how long it took to hear anything back (II or R) after this change? For reference I submitted in October.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using SDN mobile app
I’m exactly like you. Submitted in October and mine is under review. I would say maybe call them? The staff in admissions seem nice and they answer calls well too. I may even call now too

My secondary portal status changed to "'Your application is under review". Anyone have any idea how long it took to hear anything back (II or R) after this change? For reference I submitted in October.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using SDN mobile app
Is that different from it saying "Your admissions file is complete and being reviewed?"