2022-2023 Sam Houston State University - College of Osteopathic Medicine (SHSU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you recall how long it took for Snapshot to transfer to the school?
Within 24 hrs.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Although it's not in the portal, they specifically contacted me to say they still needed my Snapshot. Seemed to be the only thing holding up my application; shortly after I completed it, they offered me an II.
Same.

Although it's not in the portal, they specifically contacted me to say they still needed my Snapshot. Seemed to be the only thing holding up my application; shortly after I completed it, they offered me an II.
This exact scenario happened to me (even though I had already completed snapshot, it just hadn't been processed but once processed got the II)

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone that interviewed here, has anyone been able to rank SHSU in TMDSAS yet?
no; i'm not sure how the rank page should display on TMDSAS. I've interviewed at 2 texas schools so far but there are no new selections/pages on TMDSAS that I see.

Anyone that interviewed here, has anyone been able to rank SHSU in TMDSAS yet?
The ranking page won’t show up this early, probably in a month or two.
Take good notes on your impressions of each school where you interview now, so if you get a few interviews you can refresh your memory to help decide among them.

Reactions: 1 users
SHSU is now available on my rank list in TMDSAS. Posted about this previously so just following up on it for anyone else who has interviewed already. Does anyone know if the “pre match offer withdrawal” tab appears in everyone’s TMDSAS? It’s probably silly to think it’s an indicator that I may be pre-matching here lol, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
SHSU is now available on my rank list in TMDSAS. Posted about this previously so just following up on it for anyone else who has interviewed already. Does anyone know if the “pre match offer withdrawal” tab appears in everyone’s TMDSAS? It’s probably silly to think it’s an indicator that I may be pre-matching here lol, right?
Interviewed on 7/22. I have the tab and Sam is on my list, but I really doubt that it means anything. Way too early.

Interviewed on 7/22. I have the tab and Sam is on my list, but I really doubt that it means anything. Way too early.

I have the same tab after interviewing then. I don’t think it means anything.

Hi for anyone who interviewed what was the interview process like? This is my first interview, and I'm kind of nervous.

Hi for anyone who interviewed what was the interview process like? This is my first interview, and I'm kind of nervous.
Extremely laid back. They'll send you an itinerary a few days before, but interview is closed file.
2 MMI/situational scenarios. 1 group activity. 1 written response.
Congrats; this is a great interview to have as your first!

Extremely laid back. They'll send you an itinerary a few days before, but interview is closed file.
Good to hear! Thank you so much!

Does anyone know the post interview acceptance rate?
I had the first interview date of the year, there were ~55 applicants. Perhaps someone else who recent interviewed can comment on how many were at theirs. There’s 9 dates so let’s just say they interview ~500 applicants for 150 seats. I’d guess they’ll offer acceptances to anywhere from 200-300. So just estimating and keep in mind this is all just assumption lol but maybe 40-60%? There are published data on this but to my understanding in previous cycles they held interviews virtually and I assume maybe interviewed more and also had fewer seats so not sure how accurate previous years post II acceptance rates are for this year.

II and I am an in state applicant. Recieved yesterday around 10 am. LM 65. completed around middle to end of July. took about 20 days to get the invite. Any advice for the interview would be greatly appreciated

II and I am an in state applicant. Recieved yesterday around 10 am. LM 65. completed around middle to end of July. took about 20 days to get the invite. Any advice for the interview would be greatly appreciated
Make sure your zoom name isn't your SDN name

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
How did you prepare for the interview??

How did you prepare for the interview??
I practiced MMI’s with friends/family. Try to keep it as structured as possible. Otherwise, there’s no way to truly prepare for group activity and written assessment.

They shared with those that interviewed yesterday that their COMLEX pass rate is about a 97% and that they will be publishing that data soon

Reactions: 5 users
What was the interview size for those who interviewed on Friday? I know it was approximately 50-60 for the interview last month.

II received at 9:33 IS, LM 64, URM, app complete on 8/20.

Last edited:
Bruh that email about the virtual Q&A... I thought I got rejected already.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Just got a II today! LM 60.5 non-traditional older student with a lot of ECs. Kind of a URM? I'm a person with a disability (leg amputee) and some schools consider that and others dont. Super excited as this is my second interview and i'm a low stat applicant.

Reactions: 4 users
Is this interview open or closed file?
closed file! you really don't have a chance to pitch yourself/talk about your application. 2 MMI stations, one group activity, and one written assessment.

closed file! you really don't have a chance to pitch yourself/talk about your application. 2 MMI stations, one group activity, and one written assessment.
I can somewhat relate to this. I didn't feel like I had many chances to pitch myself. However, in any MMI, you can always support your answer by including your background, experiences which made you answer the way you did.

Honestly bless for that, I hate talking about myself

I have been "under review" for a week now. How long after someone is marked "under review" do they usually get a II?

I can confirm there was at least 80-100 people on the September 9th interview date

• Wow
This secondary is a strugglebus. How any of you managed to say anything significant in 500 characters, I am impressed.

just received a "Admissions Committee Review Complete" email post II in July. notified that they will follow tmdsas guidelines (no pre-match before oct. 15th) and they don't except updates.

just received a "Admissions Committee Review Complete" email post II in July. notified that they will follow tmdsas guidelines (no pre-match before oct. 15th) and they don't except updates.
Just got the same email. Wonder if this means we will pre-match lol. Probably not that significant honestly, but one can hope

Me too, and now I need Xanax.

• Haha
If someone from previous years knows if that means anything at all.. We'd greatly appreciate your input.

If someone from previous years knows if that means anything at all.. We'd greatly appreciate your input.
I don't remember seeing people get this notice before, but I think it's just to remind you all that unlike other DO schools which can give out admission offers shortly after an interview, the TMDSAS DO schools (SHSU and TCOM) must wait until October 15 at the earliest to make any offers.