2022-2023 Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did they say anything? I also emailed Monday but haven’t heard back about scheduling the interview
the first email i sent was just confirming it on the portal so i emailed admissions asking when to schedule and she called me back

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
the first email i sent was just confirming it on the portal so i emailed admissions asking when to schedule and she called me back
Same, I never emailed back to ask about scheduling though and they just called me to schedule! So for anyone else in the same position you can just wait it out.

Do you think I should reach out? I submitted 8/28 but it still hasn’t been marked complete. I know it took some other people about a month.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got the admissions day email, is this their interview invitation?

Do they schedule the 1 on 1 interview on the same day as the Virtual Admissions Day or on a different day?

Do you think I should reach out? I submitted 8/28 but it still hasn’t been marked complete. I know it took some other people about a month.
Same here, except I submitted 9/6. I'll probably email them in a few days since it's been a month.

II right now, OOS but a Pennsylvania resident. Complete 08/16

Reactions: 3 users
II IS ORM complete first day

Lmao 6 week interview drought finally ended

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
did anyone else's file be marked as missing a medical LOR and then submitted one, which was then approved? how long after that was a decision sent out to you regarding II status?

I wrote to them a week ago and haven't heard back yet. Those who have written to them, did you use the portal or did you email directly? Thanks!
Just wanted to update y'all if you've been waiting to hear back from them. This morning, I sent a message through the portal since it had been a full 7 days since I emailed them, and within an hour, I got the "Preliminary Review Complete" email.

Members don't see this ad :)
Admissions said that most people will get a second interview and made it sound like a good thing… (during admissions day)

Does Hackensack accept application update? If so, should i upload via portal? I tried email and calls but no response :((

OOS II received 10/12. complete 08/06. virtual admissions day is scheduled for 10/27, but i'm not sure how far out actual interviews are scheduling.

Reactions: 4 users
how long did people have to wait to schedule their interview after getting the email for virtual admissions day? it's been a few days and i haven't been notified of anything yet

Reactions: 1 users
how long did it take for u guys to be complete on the portal?

how long did people have to wait to schedule their interview after getting the email for virtual admissions day? it's been a few days and i haven't been notified of anything yet
5 days until they called me

Just a heads up for people, while my interviewer was certainly friendly and laidback, he did pretty much go down the list of standard interview questions and ask one after the other. So definitely do some sort of prep unless you are good on your feet.

Reactions: 4 users
Just a heads up for people, while my interviewer was certainly friendly and laidback, he did pretty much go down the list of standard interview questions and ask one after the other. So definitely do some sort of prep unless you are good on your feet.
can concur! mine was super sweet but asked standard questions

Reactions: 2 users
For anyone that interviewed already. Was it mentioned at anytime during the virtual admissions day or with the faculty interview when we would hear back? I do not recall hearing a specific date during my admissions day on 9/22.

Has anyone who submitted still not had their prerequisites & LOR's verified? I submitted my secondary on 9/6 and still have not been verified. I emailed them last Friday (10/14), but I haven't heard back. Should I call?

Has anyone who submitted still not had their prerequisites & LOR's verified? I submitted my secondary on 9/6 and still have not been verified. I emailed them last Friday (10/14), but I haven't heard back. Should I call?
Same boat. Submitted 9/2 and still havent been verified. I emailed on 10/5 but have not heard back

Same boat. Submitted 9/2 and still havent been verified. I emailed on 10/5 but have not heard back
To anyone else who's still waiting, I emailed them and they just said they're "reviewing applications in the order of which they are received"

if i did not get a second interview and it has been a week since my interview is that a silent rejection?

if i did not get a second interview and it has been a week since my interview is that a silent rejection?
No mention of a 2nd interview anywhere on their website which is surprising. Never brought up during my admissions day either.

I also had no second interview and interviewed 9/23 the day after the virtual admissions day. Never saw any mention of a second interview on their website and there was no mention of it from my recollection during the admissions day. I am not reading much into it.

I also had no second interview and interviewed 9/23 the day after the virtual admissions day. Never saw any mention of a second interview on their website and there was no mention of it from my recollection during the admissions day. I am not reading much into it.
+2 for no 2nd interview. I had my interview 10/6 which was a couple of days before the info session and my interviewer made no mention that there could be one. If i remember correctly, the adcom on the info call said that a second interview is only happening if they feel like they needed more input (but then again all of those info sessions have blended together in my mind lol).

To anyone else who's still waiting, I emailed them and they just said they're "reviewing applications in the order of which they are received"
I submitted 9/9 and was just verified a couple days ago.

II today, complete 8/17. Does anyone happen to know if HMSOM publishes their match lists anywhere?

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone here know any current students, or have any more insight on Hackensack than is provided by their website? I'm curious to hear about what current students think of the school, whether they have a good reputation, and if they have access to research. I'd also love to know more about the accelerated three year program.

Also received a II yesterday. LM 71 and complete early August

Does anyone here know any current students, or have any more insight on Hackensack than is provided by their website? I'm curious to hear about what current students think of the school, whether they have a good reputation, and if they have access to research. I'd also love to know more about the accelerated three year program.

during the long q&a at the admission presentation, the med students give you a good idea of what they think of the program! if you want information before the interview, then maybe a current med student that is lurking could provide more details

Complete 8/7/22 3.1 undergrad, 4.0 Post Bac, 503-506 MCAT. I wrote a really strong primary and secondary and In state
Congratulations to you and that’s all it takes!

Good luck during your interview!

I saw somewhere that the committee makes decisions on Wednesdays. If I interview on Tuesday do you think they will discuss me the next day or the week after?

MS3 here, If you give me more specific questions I can help you better but in general: The school is okay, I've had a good experience overall but by no means a perfect one. Reputation is TBD since the school is still new, give it a couple more years. There are enough research opportunities to go around, shouldn't be an issue though it depends on what specialty you want. Not in the P3R program so can't give you the details on that but it doesn't change the curriculum much, everyone is on the shortened 1.5 yr pre, 1.5 yr clinical schedule. Just the 4th year differs with the P3R students obviously going on to residency.

Where did you send thank you letters after the interview? Should I send it to the office of admissions email and ask them to forward it to my interviewer or should I upload it to the applicant portal?

Where did you send thank you letters after the interview? Should I send it to the office of admissions email and ask them to forward it to my interviewer or should I upload it to the applicant portal?
Since there was a "Thank You" option in the portal, I submitted mine there.

how formal is the virtual admissions day? do people usually keep their cameras on and dress formally? jw what to expect

how formal is the virtual admissions day? do people usually keep their cameras on and dress formally? jw what to expect
Most people were in full interview getup and had cameras on. There were 2 people out of 40 in casual clothes. Don't be one of those people lol

• Haha
Just got a call to schedule a second interview. First one was nearly three weeks ago on 10/6, OOS student