2022-2023 Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello Friends, happy to report I just got an II ten minutes ago. I was complete Aug 1 and I got my preliminary review email on Aug 10. Good luck everyone. I'm rooting for y'all!
Congrats friend!! Just to clarify, when you say complete then prelim email, you mean you submitted on 8/1 and Hackensack acknowledged your secondary submission on the 10th?

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats friend!! Just to clarify, when you say complete then prelim email, you mean you submitted on 8/1 and Hackensack acknowledged your secondary submission on the 10th?
This was in the prelim email I got, "We have completed the review of your application and you meet our admissions requirements. Your file is now being holistically reviewed to determine if you will be selected for an interview. You will remain in this status until you are selected for an interview or the admissions cycle closes. Feel free to reach out to our office via email or by phone if you have any questions or concerns."

Reactions: 1 users
This was in the prelim email I got, "We have completed the review of your application and you meet our admissions requirements. Your file is now being holistically reviewed to determine if you will be selected for an interview. You will remain in this status until you are selected for an interview or the admissions cycle closes. Feel free to reach out to our office via email or by phone if you have any questions or concerns."
Yup! That’s what I meant. I am assuming everyone receives this email? Anyway congrats once again :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I just called them and the lady who answered said it can be any bio w/ lab :)
Did they specify if they wanted any bio w/lab (combined into one 4 credit class)? Or is a combination of any bio + gen bio lab (separate classes, but total 4 credits) possible?

Did they specify if they wanted any bio w/lab (combined into one 4 credit class)? Or is a combination of any bio + gen bio lab (separate classes, but total 4 credits) possible?
I think it has to be a bio class that has an associated lab!

Hi! Is the Virtual Admissions day the same as the interview day?

I just received an email stating that my application was being advanced to an interview status, and I was invited to attend their virtual admissions day. To those who received an Interview Invite, did you have to complete the virtual admissions day to have the option to schedule your interview?

I just received an email stating that my application was being advanced to an interview status, and I was invited to attend their virtual admissions day. To those who received an Interview Invite, did you have to complete the virtual admissions day to have the option to schedule your interview?
Congrats! Would you mind sharing stats?

II! OOS, ORM, minimal ties to NJ, marked complete 8/16

II earlier today too! OOS, reapplicant (first time applying here though), prelim review complete 8/12

Members don't see this ad :)
How long did it take for your letters and prereqs to be verified? Im going on 12 days

MS3 here. Can answer questions y'all have. Good luck everyone!
When should I reach out regarding my secondary which has not been marked as complete yet despite sending all material?

LORs submitted 7/11
Secondary received 8/1
Secondary submitted 8/24
Status: LOR & Prereqs are still to be reviewed by the office and my app is "incomplete."

When should I reach out regarding my secondary which has not been marked as complete yet despite sending all material?

LORs submitted 7/11
Secondary received 8/1
Secondary submitted 8/24
Status: LOR & Prereqs are still to be reviewed by the office and my app is "incomplete."
No clue about the timings. shoot them an email and find out what is up

LORs submitted 7/11
Secondary received 8/1
Secondary submitted 8/24
Mine is imcomplete as well and was also submitted around 8/24, I’m going to give it until 9/24 (or whatever my respective date is)

I didn't realize how strict they are with the healthcare professional LOR :eek:. My healthcare professional LOR is from a programs coordinator that runs vaccine clinics and clinical volunteering at a local clinic.... she's not a "medical" professional but she does work in healthcare.... do ya'll think that will be enough for the LOR requirement ? Or should I contact admissions about this.
Update on this: just got put on hold because they didn't end up counting this letter for the healthcare professional letter :( reaching out to a physician I shadowed to see if they would be willing to write me a letter

I am so confused. Is the interview day at the school or virtual? Because the portal shows a schedule at the school, but I just got an email from them with a Zoom link to the interview.
Where exactly do you see the schedule?

LORs submitted 7/11
Secondary received 8/1
Secondary submitted 8/24
Just letting you know I got the prelim review email today!

had my interview earlier and it was the most informal interview experience of my life! got the usual qs about my application but also a lot of casual conversation too, overall a stress-free experience!

Reactions: 5 users
had my interview earlier and it was the most informal interview experience of my life! got the usual qs about my application but also a lot of casual conversation too, overall a stress-free experience!

I can echo the same sentiment. I had my interview on Friday and it was a casual, relaxed experience.

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone still waiting to be marked complete? I submitted 9/1 and haven’t heard anything.

um just got called asking to schedule a second interview this week, has anyone else had this?? has me a bit nervous…

My interview experience was really great! It felt very conversational, and none of the questions were very challenging or stressful to respond to. Good luck to everyone who got an interview invite recently :)

II Invite today. Initial review/complete email 8/12. I responded to the email right away confirming that I would be attending admissions day but haven’t heard back about available interview days/times yet. How long does this usually take?

II Invite today. Initial review/complete email 8/12. I responded to the email right away confirming that I would be attending admissions day but haven’t heard back about available interview days/times yet. How long does this usually take?
Same, and I got a glitched email saying my interview was confirmed but missing the date/time.

um just got called asking to schedule a second interview this week, has anyone else had this?? has me a bit nervous…
just had my second interview today, was a bit more intense and structured w/ the questions, less of a back and forth conversation

Also curious... is this the standard interview process for Hackensack?
when I asked the lady who called me she was pretty vague and said that sometimes they just want more info from us, but also I didn’t see anyone from last year’s thread having two so idk if its a new thing?

so i confirmed the virtual admissions day but haven’t gotten info on scheduling the 30 min interview. how long does it usually take to hear back?

so i confirmed the virtual admissions day but haven’t gotten info on scheduling the 30 min interview. how long does it usually take to hear back?
I heard back after an hour or so. It could take longer, I wouldn't follow up unless its been more than 2 business days.

when I asked the lady who called me she was pretty vague and said that sometimes they just want more info from us, but also I didn’t see anyone from last year’s thread having two so idk if its a new thing?
Oh okay. I was curious if I should be expecting a phone call at some point for a second interview from Hackensack. Thank you for clarifying, and best of luck!

Is anyone planning to tour the school?

So I talked to the admissions person just now over the phone to set up my 1 on 1 30 min interview and she told me that the committee meets every Wednesday to discuss interviewed applicants. From there they will decide whether to interview you a second time or acceptance.

Reactions: 9 users
So I talked to the admissions person just now over the phone to set up my 1 on 1 30 min interview and she told me that the committee meets every Wednesday to discuss interviewed applicants. From there they will decide whether to interview you a second time or acceptance.
That is good to know. I interviewed last Friday, so I should know better whether I will have to interview a second time soon. Thank you for the information.

posting a little late but submitted 9/8 and was marked complete 9/15

hm thats really interesting cause I interviewed Sunday and they called me Monday to set up the second one, not sure what that means for me but good info to know!