2021-2022 Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah I still haven't heard anything. It just would be nice to know before confirming a decision
If they do not send it by today, I think I will just email them saying that I need to make a decision that will be based on the package that they give.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You all can maybe call the admissions office and ask? If you have another acceptance tell them that and maybe they will bump you to the top of the line or maybe even increase your package because they know you are wanted somewhere else.

Got the waitlist update email today, this email goes out to everyone currently on the waitlist right?

I interviewed in September and was waitlisted in January. And people that interviewed 3-5 months after me are getting off the WL. Do they just hate me this much 😭

• Care
It's a real crazy game out there don't give up yet

Reactions: 1 users
for those of you who got an A off of the WL how long did you have to respond? I am trying to figure out when the next WL surge may occur.

• Haha
for those of you who got an A off of the WL how long did you have to respond? I am trying to figure out when the next WL surge may occur.
I got off the WL on Wednesday and they told me I had until May 11th to put in my deposit. Good luck!

Not to be annoying but has anyone (accepted tuesday and after) heard about scholarships yet?

Not to be annoying but has anyone (accepted tuesday and after) heard about scholarships yet?
I emailed them today and they responded kinda passive-aggressively. I was really hoping to consider HMSOM as an option but they were like we are handing out scholarships as they become available, which could take a couple of weeks. And if I was not interested in being considered for matriculation to please let them know. IDK, I was just thrown off because my experiences with the admissions office were always very positive.

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry this was probably asked already but is there a facebook group or groupme for accepted students?

I applied in July and still haven’t received a rejection or an interview invite. I emailed admissions asking about the status of my application and they told me they’re still considering my app. There’s no way they are interviewing this late into the cycle right???

I applied in July and still haven’t received a rejection or an interview invite. I emailed admissions asking about the status of my application and they told me they’re still considering my app. There’s no way they are interviewing this late into the cycle right???
Probably not, you are probably on a soft waitlist for an interview spot just in case they can’t fill their class. But you never know!!

I emailed them today and they responded kinda passive-aggressively. I was really hoping to consider HMSOM as an option but they were like we are handing out scholarships as they become available, which could take a couple of weeks. And if I was not interested in being considered for matriculation to please let them know. IDK, I was just thrown off because my experiences with the admissions office were always very positive.
I was just thinking about this. I think they may be less likely to give scholarship info out to waitlist As. They know that someone will take the seat eventually And if they are pulling you off the wl you either really have no option or could have made your choice already. My rationale is hard to vocalize it just seems weird to me why they would offer scholarships to wl people.

Reactions: 3 users

Did you ever receive a hold email? Or has it been silence? I don't think they sent out any rejections yet

Hoping for some WL movement today or tomorrow after that email on Thursday. If you are holding an A can you please turn it down? I really need to get into med school I really really really don’t want to go through another application cycle and live at home for another year.

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
Hoping for some WL movement today or tomorrow after that email on Thursday. If you are holding an A can you please turn it down? I really need to get into med school I really really really don’t want to go through another application cycle and live at home for another year.
Preach fam, but at least the Cleary household is a nice pad to live in

Hey y'all! Just received an A from another school so i'm most likely withdrawing my A from HMSOM. Hoping that it goes out to one of you guys! Good luck!!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Hey y'all! Just received an A from another school so i'm most likely withdrawing my A from HMSOM. Hoping that it goes out to one of you guys! Good luck!!!
Thank you and congratulations!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anybody received their deposit refund yet? I hate to call up but $100 is $100

Has anybody received their deposit refund yet? I hate to call up but $100 is $100
tbh, HMSOM is barely replying to phone calls or emails. the school is almost doubling their class size but has not significantly increased their staff size.

so rn it's a really busy time.
Honestly, there is no excuse. There is certainly no delay in collecting the money. Sure they're busy, but, TBH, it should be automatic, and no one should even have to ask.

If it's too much trouble to return because it's a really busy time at this time every year, they should consider not collecting it at all. Many schools don't. While @DukeSmith is right, and $100 is $100, it's equally true that $100 isn't locking anyone in like the $1,500-$2,000 deposits do at some DO schools. So, if they are not capable of promptly refunding the fully refundable deposit on withdrawal, they have no business collecting it in the first place.

Honestly, there is no excuse. There is certainly no delay in collecting the money. Sure they're busy, but, TBH, it should be automatic, and no one should even have to ask.

If it's too much trouble to return because it's a really busy time at this time every year, they should consider not collecting it at all. Many schools don't. While @DukeSmith is right, and $100 is $100, it's equally true that $100 isn't locking anyone in like the $1,500-$2,000 deposits do at some DO schools. So, if they are not capable of promptly refunding the fully refundable deposit on withdrawal, they have no business collecting it in the first place.
You went straight for the jugular huh

well said.

You went straight for the jugular huh
Maybe? I was just supporting @DukeSmith because they are right. The schools are all large institutions. I never really understood the need for the nominal refundable deposit. It's not like the 5 or 10 cents to encourage people to recycle beverage containers, since it doesn't keep people from holding multiple As before 4/30 or anything. It's just a nuisance to collect and then refund, which is why I wasn't surprised to learn all schools don't actually collect it.

That said, as @DukeSmith said, $100 isn't nothing, especially to a future med student preparing to start school. The school just had to have the money to hold the seat, right? Well, if so, they now have a responsibility to promptly return the money once the seat is relinquished.

If that's the jugular, then sure, guilty as charged. There honestly is no excuse, no matter how busy they are, even if they have to pay someone a few hours of OT to process those refunds. The obvious alternative to avoid the situation is to not require the deposit in the first place. It really serves no purpose, other than to create work for them now, that they are apparently too busy to perform in a timely manner.

• Love

I agree and am also frustrated by the poor communication. Not excusing/condoning the behavior was just explaining why many of us aren't hearing back from HMSOM in a prompt manner. At the end of the day, it is their fault.

Pre-II R just now, good luck everyone!

Withdrew a couple of days ago and I just got an email from Hackensack saying they were sorry to hear I withdrew and asked for the reason why.

Like please refer to the emails that I sent to the admissions office and didn’t get a reply to for the reason lol….

Anyway, I’m hoping that A goes to one of you!!!

• Love
  • Care
  • Haha
Withdrew a couple of days ago and I just got an email from Hackensack saying they were sorry to hear I withdrew and asked for the reason why.

Like please refer to the emails that I sent to the admissions office and didn’t get a reply to for the reason lol….

Anyway, I’m hoping that A goes to one of you!!!
Best of luck wherever you are going!

• Care
but i mean... 5 acceptances!! so great job dude!!
Ive tried to follow and update every school thread II, A, or R for any future applicants who go back to these threads and try to follow our timelines. Maybe it’s valuable to someone! Thank you and you’re right! 😄

Anybody have any idea if the class is full at the moment. FB is at 103 members

Anybody have any idea if the class is full at the moment. FB is at 103 members
I would imagine classes are full everywhere at the moment, but that can change on a daily basis as people get called off other WLs and drop As all over the place. Especially at a school like Hackensack, with such an early CTE deadline, I would not lose hope until after the CTE deadline passes, since that will really be the only time that the class is totally locked in.

I would imagine classes are full everywhere at the moment, but that can change on a daily basis as people get called off other WLs and drop As all over the place. Especially at a school like Hackensack, with such an early CTE deadline, I would not lose hope until after the CTE deadline passes, since that will really be the only time that the class is totally locked in.
When is the CTE deadline, cant find it anywhere