2023-2024 Hackensack Meridian

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A off WL this morning

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Off waitlist but no financial aid offer yet, how can we make a decision without knowing how much aid to expect?

Off waitlist but no financial aid offer yet, how can we make a decision without knowing how much aid to expect?
I called last week and they said if you didn't get aid by last friday then you wouldnt get any. That's why I withdrew my A. Imagine paying 100k a year for this school

Reactions: 3 users
I called last week and they said if you didn't get aid by last friday then you wouldnt get any. That's why I withdrew my A. Imagine paying 100k a year for this school
this doesn't include loans, right?

Reactions: 1 user
Just wanted to make sure I understood correctly- even if you're actively on the WL/not accepted yet, there will be no aid offers if we didn't hear anything last Friday?

I wanted to ask because I received a weird Finaid email that didn't give me any aid, and then another email a day or two later saying that it was a mistake lol. Thanks so much!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, I’ve received absolutely no financial aid email whatsoever. Was accepted back in February

Anyone else in a similar boat

Also, I’ve received absolutely no financial aid email whatsoever. Was accepted back in February

Anyone else in a similar boat
This is going to sound stupid, but did you indicate them on your FAFSA? I know some people forgot to do so. They seem to be checking daily, since I emailed them yesterday about my FinAid too but I was a recent admit.

I was accepted after I sent my initial FAFSA but I added them once I was fully processed in mid April. They should have my form as it was sent to them around April 16th

Accepted! Called me today, substantial scholarship offered too. IS (late March interview)

• Love
How do we know if we received any scholarship or not? Are we going to get another email after the acceptance email or something? I don't expect to get aid but even a confirmation of that will be helpful.

Waitlisted; 1st interview in December and 2nd interview last week. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 1 users
How do we know if we received any scholarship or not? Are we going to get another email after the acceptance email or something? I don't expect to get aid but even a confirmation of that will be helpful.
Yes you will get an official financial aid offer email in the next few weeks. However I recieved aid, and it indicated that in my A email. So it's possible that if you recieve aid it would be in that email. I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone.

Anyone else who still hasn't received an R yet pre-II? What is going on with this school....

Thank you! I got a call, but didn't pick up so they left a message, and then about two hours later I got an email

Reactions: 1 users
Yes you will get an official financial aid offer email in the next few weeks. However I recieved aid, and it indicated that in my A email. So it's possible that if you recieve aid it would be in that email. I'm not sure if it's the same for everyone.
need-based or merit?

Pshhh I knew the II dream was still alive. Brodie, I got this one in the bag 😤

Why they scheduling two interviews tho? Still confusion on that. Is the 2nd interview a must or just a way for them to remember what the 1st interview was about after losing their notes?

Just got a call from HMH... I'm on their waitlist👀 do I call back or...

How long do they give you to say yes off of the waitlist?
I'm not officially off the waitlist yet because I missed the call and they didn't pick up when I called them back lol. I have no idea though, my PTE deadline for another school is tomorrow so I'm a lil stressed 😭

• Wow
Groupme increased significantly without any posting here if they were from OOS WL or IS WL.

I would like to point out that I have many friends who applied to Hackensack with me (all in-state). 8 of us all got in on April 30th (nobody had a waiting list). None of them use this website besides me. Most of us have stats considerably below what MSAR makes Hackensack out to have. There is no way to know what is really going on using just this thread.

Trying to be patient but this waiting game making me lose hair tell me I’m not alone, hopefully it ends well soon 🤞🏾

Reactions: 3 users
Trying to be patient but this waiting game making me lose hair tell me I’m not alone, hopefully it ends well soon

You are definitely not alone! Fingers crossed for us both

Trying to be patient but this waiting game making me lose hair tell me I’m not alone, hopefully it ends well soon 🤞🏾
I no joke went through some hair loss in February. I’m bored outta my mind rn. It’s not a good time to be living in a ruralurbia