2021-2022 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You should hear back tomorrow.
Ah thanks but they told us it'll take till next Friday to make a decision. Haha I hope I can join you voppp at ICOM.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
What time of the day on fridays do they notify you of their decision?
I’ve received a few acceptance offers via phone call around 2pm-3pm CST this cycle, so I’m hoping this is the case w/ ICOM today! BUT who knows every school seems to vary lol

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I also received an email, However it stated that they will accept me when there is an open spot. So one step above waitlist I guess. Is this also what you got?
Yes but they stated this is not waitlist In email. So we’ve been accepted it’s not one step above waitlist…they just arent allowed to release official offer yet because they are new school and limited to 162 acceptance offers.

Yes but they stated this is not waitlist In email. So we’ve been accepted it’s not one step above waitlist…they just arent allowed to release official offer yet because they are new school and limited to 162 acceptance offers.
Yes! I got this too. I'm excited.

I got waitlisted. 3.3 512+. Oh well you win some you lose some.
I’m sorry to hear :/ i know you’ve received acceptance offers from other schools based on your past posts so I wouldn’t stress about this one. It’s ICOM’s loss not yours :)

I’m sorry to hear :/ i know you’ve received acceptance offers from other schools based on your past posts so I wouldn’t stress about this one. It’s ICOM’s loss not yours :)
Lol yes not too stressed about it. Granted I am a bit surprised, Interview went great, and I’d like to reach out and see what got me waitlisted just out of curiosity.

But thank you 😊 I appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted as well! Interviewed 11/2

Congrats y’all! Hope to see y’all in Boise!

If you were waitlisted don’t be too stressed; you never know how how things will shake out but history there has been a lot of waitlist movement at ICOM in pervious cycles

What time of the day on fridays do they notify you of their decision?
Somewhat moot at this point, but for future reference: When I interviewed last year, we were told the committee meets on Friday mornings and releases decisions in the afternoon. Digging through my e-mail I got the e-mail at just after noon MST.

OOS just got an interview this morning, already accepted to choice school so going to decline!

II just now! Submitted early July, OOS

Did y'all ever get the pre-II hold email?
I got the "We have completed the review of your secondary application and your application is being held for interview consideration" completion email in mid-July, nothing after except for the newsletter stuff.

Just withdrew from my interview ! Hope one of yall get it :)

Have you gotten your official offer yet? I have not and it has been almost 4 weeks when they said 2-3. I am starting to get worried.

Question for those who got the “you’re in but not yet” email on November 12th. Have any of you got your official offer yet? Any information would be appreciated.

Question for those who got the “you’re in but not yet” email on November 12th. Have any of you got your official offer yet? Any information would be appreciated.
Yah I got the offer last week. I wouldn't worry about it. Probably get it after the 14th when deposit is due.

Same here. I have not gotten it yet. I would not be surprised if we got it next week though.

I have not yet received but I will be declining the acceptance offer to attend another school. To those waitlisted, I wish you all the best of luck this application cycle and hope my spot goes to one of you! :)

Anyone have any idea of how full the class is at this point? Reapplicant here with II in late January

Anyone have any idea of how full the class is at this point? Reapplicant here with II in late January
Out of curiosity, when did you submit your secondary and when did you get the interview? I submitted in early Sep and it's been silence. Thanks & good luck!

Out of curiosity, when did you submit your secondary and when did you get the interview? I submitted in early Sep and it's been silence. Thanks & good luck!
I submitted in December and got the II this Monday. I've been in contact with the school consistently since last cycle so maybe I was just fresh in their head. I hope you get the II and A!

Current First Year here. No idea how full the class is so far, but I'm assuming it's close to full at this point based on last years trend. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. They interview applicants well into March. I personally interviewed in February and still got the A. There is usually a lot of wait list movement as well so don't get discouraged if you do end up on the wait-list. Good luck on your interview!

Current First Year here. No idea how full the class is so far, but I'm assuming it's close to full at this point based on last years trend. I wouldn't worry too much about it though. They interview applicants well into March. I personally interviewed in February and still got the A. There is usually a lot of wait list movement as well so don't get discouraged if you do end up on the wait-list. Good luck on your interview!
Thank you so much! they already told me in the email that the interview would be for the waitlist. Do you mind if I could pm you and ask you a few questions just overall about the school?

Thank you so much! they already told me in the email that the interview would be for the waitlist. Do you mind if I could pm you and ask you a few questions just overall about the school?
Yeah, of course! Happy to answer any questions about the school.

Yes! I got this too. I'm excited.
In your interview invite did they let you know you are interviewing for a "waitlist" position? I inquired about what this means in my II and they said that although I am interviewing for a waitlist spot, the committee still votes accept, waitlist or reject and then those that are accepted are pulled off the waitlist when a spot opens up. Was this the case for you guys?

To follow up on the previous response, I believe the historical data is that around half of the class (or more) comes in from the waitlist. We're also coming up on when the deposit deadline shifts from 30 days to 14 days (Jan 15), so the churn from unpaid deposits will start to be a bit more frequent. For reference, I submitted the secondary at the beginning of March, interviewed mid March, got waitlisted that Friday, and came off the waitlist the next Wednesday.

Interview Invite today! the interview is for a waitlist spot. I was marked complete yesterday!

Accepted pending seat as well. Also accepted next year if no spot opens up. Anyone else get a guaranteed spot next year as well? I don’t remember hearing if Icom did this