2021-2022 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Post interview waitlist. Any idea about the movement for the waitlist this year?

Members don't see this ad.

Accepted pending seat as well. Also accepted next year if no spot opens up. Anyone else get a guaranteed spot next year as well? I don’t remember hearing if Icom did this
I got a spot next for year too! Didn’t realize they were doing that either

Members don't see this ad :)
Wondering if anyone has recently been offered a seat off the waiting list?

First off, CONGRATS EVERYONE FOR GETTING INTO ICOM! I am super proud of each and every one of you. It's a great school and has *huge* recognition in the medical community for our OMT programs and from many of our rotation sites.

Second. I want to be open to all of you guys if you have question about the school, location, cool things in Boise, tips for success, etc. I am a Third Year on rotations and am more than happy to help anyone who is interested in learning more. Shoot me a message!

Finally. Congrats again...

You.
Are.
Going.
To.
Be.
A.
Doctor!

Reactions: 4 users
First off, CONGRATS EVERYONE FOR GETTING INTO ICOM! I am super proud of each and every one of you. It's a great school and has *huge* recognition in the medical community for our OMT programs and from many of our rotation sites.

Second. I want to be open to all of you guys if you have question about the school, location, cool things in Boise, tips for success, etc. I am a Third Year on rotations and am more than happy to help anyone who is interested in learning more. Shoot me a message!

Finally. Congrats again...

You.
Are.
Going.
To.
Be.
A.
Doctor!
Rob is a fantastic resource and is essentially my mentor too! Also be sure to email the folks in your student panels, I, for one, have been in several so please DM me too if you have any questions regarding the first year transition. Rob knows a lot more about rotations and that side of things. He should also be super free for the next month since he's on vacation rotation.

II oos just this evening! I chose the 2/22 session

Last edited:
I interviewed on 12/14 and was waitlisted on 12/20. I was wondering if anyone knows if ICOM releases information on your position on the waitlist at some point, or are you kept in the dark hoping for an acceptance? Admissions told me that they eventually rank their waitlist but not when they do or if they will give us an update.

I interviewed on 12/14 and was waitlisted on 12/20. I was wondering if anyone knows if ICOM releases information on your position on the waitlist at some point, or are you kept in the dark hoping for an acceptance? Admissions told me that they eventually rank their waitlist but not when they do or if they will give us an update.
Last year the waitlist was in tiers. I think it was roughly high, mid, and low. At some point they also were doing tiers within the tiers I believe? Applicant were notified, but I'm not sure at what point in the cycle they started releasing that info. I interview for a waitlist position and when I got my decision in April of last year they were clear about where I was on the list. Maybe check the thread from last year to see when they started mentioning it!

Reactions: 1 user
Last year the waitlist was in tiers. I think it was roughly high, mid, and low. At some point they also were doing tiers within the tiers I believe? Applicant were notified, but I'm not sure at what point in the cycle they started releasing that info. I interview for a waitlist position and when I got my decision in April of last year they were clear about where I was on the list. Maybe check the thread from last year to see when they started mentioning it!
That's good to know! All this waiting and not knowing anything is driving me crazy lol. I appreciate your help!

March 1st was when they released the wait-list ranking last year I believe. They'll most likely release the rank in early March this year as well. You'll receive an email notifying you of your rank (high, middle and low). There is a lot of wait list movement at this school so I wouldn't worry too much.

I got an email yesterday asking if I was still interested in my waitlist spot and to reply to them if I was. The email also said that they were seeing movement, so I think it's likely that people should start getting their acceptances fairly soon.

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS II on 2/8; they have 2 interview sessions (15 slots/session) per week through the week of 3/22

Just heard back from interviewing on 2/1. "The Admissions Committee voted to offer you a seat in our Class of 2026, however we do not have seats available at this time. You are being placed in the highest tier of our waitlist and will be a priority as seats become available. We anticipate movement off of our waitlist therefore this is a great status to be in."

Reactions: 1 users
originally planned to interview on 2/22 but emailed admissions to withdraw my application last week
hope this interview goes to one of you and good luck future docs!

Interviewed here this week, what a lovely experience overall. Everyone was super kind and welcoming!

I got an interview for the waitlist.

Is it best to interview as soon as possible, ie is it 'rolling'? (would it hurt my chances of an acceptance off the waitlist if I decide to interview on 3/15, as opposed to interviewing the week before 3/08?)

Last edited:
I got an interview for the waitlist.

Is it best to interview as soon as possible, ie is it 'rolling'? (would it hurt my chances of an acceptance off the waitlist if I decide to interview on 3/15, as opposed to interviewing the week before 3/08?)
Interview ASAP. It is rolling and we're getting close to a full class. I think movements are March so you should get your name down now.

Interview ASAP. It is rolling and we're getting close to a full class. I think movements are March so you should get your name down now.
When you say full class do you mean in terms of Acceptances given or deposits placed down? Just tryna gauge waitlist movements

I interviewed 2/7 and got the “highest tier waiting list” email on 2/18! Seems like a great school.

When you say full class do you mean in terms of Acceptances given or deposits placed down? Just tryna gauge waitlist movements
The latter. There’s full acceptances given. But they’re not for sure yet.

Just got my first II of the season today, interviewing for a waitlist position. Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got my first II of the season today, interviewing for a waitlist position. Good luck to everyone!
Good luck! I thought that everyone at ICOM was really friendly and it was a chill interview, you'll do great!

I got accepted to my top choice so I withdrew my acceptance at ICOM today. Good luck to those on the waitlist, I hope you get the call you’ve been waiting for!

Reactions: 3 users
Got the voted to accept but no seats are available email, placed on the highest tier of waitlist. Good luck to everyone!

Accepted today off of the priority waitlist (waitlisted on 1/28)

Welcome in! If you have any questions, feel free to shoot me a line on here! I am a 3rd year from ICOM and love helping out incoming students. School's really great and I want everyone to have the best experience in it!

Congrats all! You are going to be a doctor. :)

II right now. slots filled for this upcoming week so i am scheduled for the 30th (first open date). Interviewing for a waitlist position but claim in the email 50% of people on the waitlist receive an invitation. Was caught super off guard by this invite, was not expecting it at all! If anyone wants to catch me up on the thread I would appreciate that :)

II right now. slots filled for this upcoming week so i am scheduled for the 30th (first open date). Interviewing for a waitlist position but claim in the email 50% of people on the waitlist receive an invitation. Was caught super off guard by this invite, was not expecting it at all! If anyone wants to catch me up on the thread I would appreciate that :)
haha same! just got the email. Staying hopeful since a lot of people say theres a lot of WL movement

How did the interview go? I heard mixed things about the interview

haha same! just got the email. Staying hopeful since a lot of people say theres a lot of WL movement
This would be pretty consistent with previous years. I don't know what they're calling the waitlist tiers this year, but just glancing through the last page of last year's thread it got at least to whatever "medium priority" corresponds to.

OOS, interviewed 3/1; placed on the “highest tier” waitlist yesterday. They have a fast turnaround time on interview results, so that’s kind of nice!

Accepted off the priority waitlist this morning! I was waitlisted on Jan 28

Reactions: 2 users
Hi all, I interviewed for the waitlist position and was placed on the waitlist. If anyone has any questions for the interview, let me know.

Anybody know when the waitlist ranking email will be sent?

I received my waitlist position today! I was placed in the high waitlist group. Interviewed on 12/14.

I received my waitlist position today! I was placed in the high waitlist group. Interviewed on 12/14.
Nice. I also received an email saying I was in the high waitlist group. This is a dumb question. Is a high waitlist group better than a low or medium waitlist group?

Nice. I also received an email saying I was in the high waitlist group. This is a dumb question. Is a high waitlist group better than a low or medium waitlist group?
From what I have read on the thread from last year, high seems to be better than low or medium. So we are in a good position!

Assuming that they still have the highest priority tier (which was called something weird last year), I would guess that each tier is roughly a quartile. In more practical terms, if things go roughly as they did last year, highest priority tier will probably get worked through over the next month or so, high tier will start seeing churn shortly after, and medium will be very stressful if you didn't already have other acceptances since I think it took until about June before we reached that point last year.

Assuming that they still have the highest priority tier (which was called something weird last year), I would guess that each tier is roughly a quartile. In more practical terms, if things go roughly as they did last year, highest priority tier will probably get worked through over the next month or so, high tier will start seeing churn shortly after, and medium will be very stressful if you didn't already have other acceptances since I think it took until about June before we reached that point last year.
From the email they sent it sounds like its a high, medium, low rank. But someone in the thread above said they were placed in the highest tier waitlist. Maybe thats the acceptance per seat pending status?

From the email they sent it sounds like its a high, medium, low rank. But someone in the thread above said they were placed in the highest tier waitlist. Maybe thats the acceptance per seat pending status?
That seems likely. What I was told during interview day last year was different than how the placement was communicated to me by e-mail. For example, we were told that the effective acceptance per seat pending was called something like consensus during my interview, but the e-mail I got said something like highest of high tier.

That seems likely. What I was told during interview day last year was different than how the placement was communicated to me by e-mail. For example, we were told that the effective acceptance per seat pending was called something like consensus during my interview, but the e-mail I got said something like highest of high tier.
The accepted email reads “The Admissions Committee voted to offer you a seat in our Class of 2026, however we do not have seats available at this time. You are being placed in the highest tier of our waitlist and will be a priority as seats become available.”
I received mine today! Hope that helps

So looking at last year's movement, being on highest tier and high tier is a good position to be in?

Hi guys, I was placed on the highest tier of the waitlist last Friday. Is it safe to say that we'll receive a seat for this year's class at some point before orientation?

Hi guys, I was placed on the highest tier of the waitlist last Friday. Is it safe to say that we'll receive a seat for this year's class at some point before orientation?
Yes, I would say it is pretty safe to assume you will be offered a seat before the end of July. This is coming from someone who was on the middle tier waitlist last year and is currently a first year student here.

Reactions: 3 users
Any news about when the match list will be released?

Yes, I would say it is pretty safe to assume you will be offered a seat before the end of July. This is coming from someone who was on the middle tier waitlist last year and is currently a first year student here.
When do you think people will start being pulled off the waitlist?