South Carolina College of Pharmacy Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Awesome! Thanks for that! The new thread is officially up under

*OFFICIAL* SCCP Class of 2015 USC - Columbia Campus

Please post your acceptance and anything that will help all of us out in getting geared up for school!:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess that the lack of activity on this thread is due to no one else getting accepted recently, the wait is killing me =(

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, it did get really quiet there. If I had to guess, they are now going to do "round 2" of 3 weeks of interviews and then the AdCom meets again, and considers everyone from both sets of interviews to make decisions. That's just a guess tho, you can maybe email Nikki Mellon or Sue Coates and ask where the process is. Hang in there!

Yeah, it did get really quiet there. If I had to guess, they are now going to do "round 2" of 3 weeks of interviews and then the AdCom meets again, and considers everyone from both sets of interviews to make decisions. That's just a guess tho, you can maybe email Nikki Mellon or Sue Coates and ask where the process is. Hang in there!

Good call! I think I will throw a little e-mail their way, thanks!

I got into MUSC today, so I think they have already held their second round admission committee meeting. I interviewed 3 weeks ago.

I'm accepted to MUSC. See you all in the fall.

Congratulations!

Just so you know there is a forum for all accepted to the MUSC campus. it's called...

*OFFICIAL* SCCP Class of 2015 MUSC Campus

It was created for all of us to try and help each other find housing and get ready for school

Has anyone heard back from USC yet?

It did get quiet in here :sleep:

Has anyone received scholarship info? I guess this would be contingent upon completion of the FAFSA, I submitted mine last week, and received scholarship awards today.

Has anyone received scholarship info? I guess this would be contingent upon completion of the FAFSA, I submitted mine last week, and received scholarship awards today.

You mean you received scholarship info, or already was awarded one? I guess I need to get on it.

I had my interview at the Columbia campus on Monday, Feb 7! It seemed to go very well, so we shall see! :xf:

So when can we apply for our internship license?

my pharm tech license expires in june and i don't want to renew it if i can get my intern license instead.

Members don't see this ad :)

my pharm tech license expires in june and i don't want to renew it if i can get my intern license instead.

I was told that you can get your intern license upto 3 months before starting but I may be wrong...in my acceptance letter, it says that they will send out more info about it and send a paper to submit to the Board of Pharmacy after they have received grades from any remaining pre-reqs.

You mean you received scholarship info, or already was awarded one? I guess I need to get on it.

Ya, a lot of grants are awarded on a first come-first serve basis, so I made sure to do my FAFSA once I had my W2s. FYI, for MUSC you dont need to fill in the Parent financial information! It just helped to reduce my out of state tuition a tad, I was happy though b/c I thought I wouldn't be able to anticipate that scholarship until my second year.

It seems to me that we would all do well to sign up for student organizations because they offer an array of scholarships to their members.

From my understanding, we receive it our first week of school, I think you have to be a standing student before you can get it, but i might be confusing it with a different school :confused:

I received a scholarship along with my acceptance (by email- I wasn't called), but there are supposed to be a lot more scholarships available for out-of-state students!

Where are all these scholarships? When I asked Nikki Mellen, they said that there is one application for the school scholarships and then they decide which one and how much you get....

Am I wrong?

This may be a stupid question, but has anyone begun looking into social pharm. student organizations on-campus or is it best to wait until we're actually on campus to do that? Do they have any type of scheduled orientation/intro to organizations (maybe included in the main orientation?) or should I research all that stuff beforehand?

:) Thanks

You can look them up online on the website...also I think they do an orientation thingy for the organizations as well

You can look them up online on the website...also I think they do an orientation thingy for the organizations as well

ya i think we go thru an orientation for all that the first week of school, and then they'll likely recruit or whatever.

Good timing for this question. This afternoon I ran into the guy who led my tour at MUSC... among other things he mentioned that there are a lot of meetings at the start of school where you'll get free lunches and get introduced to the different organizations.

I got in to the Columbia campus! Got my call and letter today! See y'all in August!

anybody else interviewing on the 25th?? also if those of you who have already interviewed have any input it'd be greatly appreciated! do they have you write an essay during the process?

anybody else interviewing on the 25th?? also if those of you who have already interviewed have any input it'd be greatly appreciated! do they have you write an essay during the process?
I don't think so - never heard of that taking place....

Good luck!

There is not an essay - I interviewed in Cola, but they are very laid back and really just want to have a conversation with you to see how you are on paper. At mine, there was one completely open file (they knew PCAT scores and grades) and then a semi-open (had you application, references, and personal statement). Just be yourself & stay genuine!

The only question that I didn't expect was a question about my one and only C on my transcript, my freshman year of college. So, I was just honest about it! (Had a lot on my plate!) Then, Dr. Zeigler asked what I would expect out of the school. Everything else came straight from my application.

:) I interviewed at the Columbia campus on January 31st and was accepted today. Any Columbia people I will see you in the fall

I interviewed yesterday at the MUSC campus. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be... Now it's just waiting...:(

congrats to those who have been accepted :D

There is an fb group - SCCP Class of 2015 - if anyone wants to join.

There are also threads - "Official SCCP Class of 2015" - one for an MUSC campus and one for the USC campus.

Also - has anyone gotten anything other than the initial letter of acceptance in the mail? I thought they said that there will be more things being sent out towards the end of the month but I have not gotten anything...

:) I interviewed at the Columbia campus on January 31st and was accepted today. Any Columbia people I will see you in the fall

Congrats!!!

Still waiting for my phone call *sigh*, does anyone know when did Dr. Ziegler said everyone would definitely find out their status?

Congrats!!!

Still waiting for my phone call *sigh*, does anyone know when did Dr. Ziegler said everyone would definitely find out their status?
He said they hope to have everyone's status out by 3/15, but not to hold him to that since it is ahead of the original schedule.

Congrats!!!

Hey said that they were ahead of schedule so by March 15th but initially in the presentation it had April 15th

Congrats!!!

For everyone who has not heard anything yet you should find out your status March 9. I asked Dr.Ziegler when they would be making the final decisions and he said everyone should begin hearing something on or around this date.

For everyone who has not heard anything yet you should find out your status March 9. I asked Dr.Ziegler when they would be making the final decisions and he said everyone should begin hearing something on or around this date.

Is that just for the USC campus, or does that include MUSC?

Is that just for the USC campus, or does that include MUSC?

I am not sure. I would assume both since they ultimately use the same process and work together to fill spots. He said the committee was meeting March 8-9 and he would start calling and emailing people March 9.

Anyone heard from financial aid yet?

I was wondering this also, I got my FAFSA turned in after someone said they had already gotten a scholarship. Haven't heard a thing, I was thinking of emailing the financial aid office.

I was wondering this also, I got my FAFSA turned in after someone said they had already gotten a scholarship. Haven't heard a thing, I was thinking of emailing the financial aid office.

Here's what I know: Financial aid awards could be granted as late as July 25 :scared:- I hope thats not the case! We're just waiting for our award letters.

If you need loans submit these asap:
Stafford: http://academicdepartments.musc.edu/em/financialmanagement/finaid_pdfs/2011-2012/Direct_Stafford.pdf

Grad PLUS: http://academicdepartments.musc.edu/em/financialmanagement/finaid_pdfs/2011-2012/Fed_Grad_PLUS.pdf

FYI: my scholarship had nothing to do with the finaid office or my fafsa, it was granted from the Dean, I am in the same boat waiting for these awards to come through so i can draw out my budget.

Does anyone know anything about work-study and what you need to qualify for it?

Will they email you saying that you did not get accepted, or will they just not say anything at all?

I submitted my FAFSA, and since I was a prior USC student (y'all did send your FAFSA to University of South Carolina if you were going to the Columbia campus, right?? I hope I did that right) - I can access the VIP network. It says it received my app but supplemental information will be required. It says I have not been fully accepted in to a graduate program (I am finishing my final prerequisite). If you've heard anything else we should do, please let me know! I am very anxious about this, since I have to move out of my apt. June 30 and off to Columbia!

Here's what I know: Financial aid awards could be granted as late as July 25 :scared:- I hope thats not the case! We're just waiting for our award letters.

If you need loans submit these asap:
Stafford: http://academicdepartments.musc.edu/em/financialmanagement/finaid_pdfs/2011-2012/Direct_Stafford.pdf

Grad PLUS: http://academicdepartments.musc.edu/em/financialmanagement/finaid_pdfs/2011-2012/Fed_Grad_PLUS.pdf

FYI: my scholarship had nothing to do with the finaid office or my fafsa, it was granted from the Dean, I am in the same boat waiting for these awards to come through so i can draw out my budget.

Does anyone know anything about work-study and what you need to qualify for it?

Do we do this for the Columbia campus, as well?

-Editing: now I see where we don't - just apply through USC. I emailed some people and will let y'all know what I find out!

Last edited:
I submitted my FAFSA, and since I was a prior USC student (y'all did send your FAFSA to University of South Carolina if you were going to the Columbia campus, right?? I hope I did that right) - I can access the VIP network. It says it received my app but supplemental information will be required. It says I have not been fully accepted in to a graduate program (I am finishing my final prerequisite). If you've heard anything else we should do, please let me know! I am very anxious about this, since I have to move out of my apt. June 30 and off to Columbia!

Yeah I sent it to USC as well - but since I was not a prior student, I don't have a VIP account...I got a letter from fin aid saying that they got my FAFSA but they don't see my acceptance anywhere, so I called them and they said I have not been admitted to a graduate program (REALLY!!!!:scared:) and so I called Nikki and she told me to leave a vmail for Dr. Ziegler asking about it because apparently "He has to upload us into the system" - Why that has not taken place who knows...still waiting to hear back from him and will call back tomorrow...

Yeah I sent it to USC as well - but since I was not a prior student, I don't have a VIP account...I got a letter from fin aid saying that they got my FAFSA but they don't see my acceptance anywhere, so I called them and they said I have not been admitted to a graduate program (REALLY!!!!:scared:) and so I called Nikki and she told me to leave a vmail for Dr. Ziegler asking about it because apparently "He has to upload us into the system" - Why that has not taken place who knows...still waiting to hear back from him and will call back tomorrow...

That's exactly what she told me in her email today :) She said even with my unfinished prereq, it shouldn't matter. I assume he is waiting to finalize the last acceptees and then he will mass upload us? Glad to know it'll happen soon, though, and we can rest easy. You should get some sort of letter telling you about VIP at some point, I would think. That will be how we'll pay fees and whatnot. :D Thanks for letting everyone know! Glad to know it's not just me!

Yeah! Got an acceptance call Thursday morning! Can't wait to meet everyone in August!:D

Congrats! how long did you have to wait after your interview before you found out?
She interviewed at the end of January, so about 2 months. They just had their last AdCom meetings last week.

I interviewed about a month ago and just heard from USC on Friday. I am pretty jazzed. :D

Ms. Appleseed is correct! I interviewed on January 21. Can't stop smiling!!:D

She interviewed at the end of January, so about 2 months. They just had their last AdCom meetings last week.

I interviewed about a month ago and just heard from USC on Friday. I am pretty jazzed. :D

I interviewed about 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet... Still hoping!:xf:

Just got an acceptance call today! I interviewed on the 21st as well, so they sure took they're sweet time with my application haha