South Carolina College of Pharmacy Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think that is for South College School of Pharmacy. It is brand new and in TN.
Ha, good call. I obviously saw what has been running through my head all morning.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Now I definitely wish we hadn't had all that snow on the 10th =( I probably would have found out by now!

jklm- I interviewed at Columbia!

Does anybody know what the deposit fee is and when it needs to be in by?

jklm- I interviewed at Columbia!

Does anybody know what the deposit fee is and when it needs to be in by?

if i remember correctly, its $440 and it needs to be in winthin two weeks of your acceptance.

Nevermind, I just got the call about 2 minutes ago! :)

Hey - I think I interviewed with you...I haven't gotten a call yet and everything else for me is due Feb 1st - so I am hoping not to have to spend 400 dollars on pharmCAS apps....that I really am not interested in.

Who called you? Also do you suggest I call Nikki / email Ziegler?

From what I was told - they are trying to get back to you within a week or two of your interview...those who don't hear back then are in the "Maybe" category...which is you look good on paper but you didnt do so hot on your interview....or vice versa...and they are waiting to see if someone better will come along...if not then they contact you...I don't know how long you are on the maybe list though....

Did anyone else interview on Jan 19th at USC?

Taterbug, jet, and evilgenius all interviewed on the 12th or 14th and heard back this past Thurs-Fri (2 weeks post-interview). KLC is the other acceptance and I didn't see when they interviewed. I also saw 3 people from the 14th who haven't (announced that they) heard yet.

So hopefully some of us from the 19th & 21st will hear at the end of this week, if that pattern holds! :xf:

i think klc interviewed on the 19th with me ....cause I had someone that interviewed from NC State with me...so I would guess that is the same person....I called Ziegler this morning and he said he will talk to the admissions committee...still waiting on that call

UGH!!!! :mad:

Taterbug, jet, and evilgenius all interviewed on the 12th or 14th and heard back this past Thurs-Fri (2 weeks post-interview). KLC is the other acceptance and I didn't see when they interviewed. I also saw 3 people from the 14th who haven't (announced that they) heard yet.

So hopefully some of us from the 19th & 21st will hear at the end of this week, if that pattern holds! :xf:

Praying for Friday!

ok so i was called to have my interview on the 28th of january, but had to reschedule b/c i was already working inventory, the lady was soo nice about it and seemed to understand...i probably shouldve went to that one..oh well im going on feb the 11th any advice on what to wear and what kind of questions theyre planning to ask?? you guys really already heard back wow thats amazing!!! does anyone know that stats about how may applicants get interviews...i know there are 190 spots btw the two schools....idk im freaking out anything would be nice to know!!!

ok so i was called to have my interview on the 28th of january, but had to reschedule b/c i was already working inventory, the lady was soo nice about it and seemed to understand...i probably shouldve went to that one..oh well im going on feb the 11th any advice on what to wear and what kind of questions theyre planning to ask?? you guys really already heard back wow thats amazing!!! does anyone know that stats about how may applicants get interviews...i know there are 190 spots btw the two schools....idk im freaking out anything would be nice to know!!!

Don't know if you're a guy or girl but a two-piece suit (jacket & trousers, plus a tie for men) was the uniform on my day. Click the "interview feedback" link at the top of the page for an idea of what questions to expect. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
They said they interview around 325 or so applicants between both schools...dresswise - just formal stuff...guys wore suits, girls wore pant/skirt suits.
They are all really chill interview wise...already been through your file and marked things they want to talk about or follow a generalized list of questions...they want to know why SCCP and why pharmacy, good and bad things that you feel about the profession etc...

Good luck! :)

Hey, I am probably the person you are talking about. I guess calling Dr. Ziegler is a good option. Were you the one that went to Clemson, or somebody from USC? Anyways, I got a call from Dr. Ziegler notifying me last Friday morning that I was accepted. Good luck with everything, I am sure it will all work out. I guess send those applications in, but it is up to you, but just to be on the safe side.

JConley626 -The interview was very chill, they mainly stressed Why USC and Why Pharmacy. I talked about my experience in pharmacy, and why pharmacy primarily in the first interview, and then Dr. Ziegler had a couple questions set aside for when he interviewed me, but they weren't too bad. Relax, and you will be fine. Both interviews were very conversational, and they definitely want to get to know you. I actually felt like there wasn't enough time haha

Last edited:
Hey, I am probably the person you are talking about. I guess calling Dr. Ziegler is a good option. Were you the one that went to Clemson, or somebody from USC? Anyways, I got a call from Dr. Ziegler notifying me last Friday morning that I was accepted. Good luck with everything, I am sure it will all work out. I guess send those applications in, but it is up to you, but just to be on the safe side.

Yup Clemson - Yeah I sent all those apps in...let's see what happens..CONGRATS!:D

ya know that there's a scholarship for students who did their undergrad studies at Clemson. I saw it under the MUSC scholarships, but I'd be surprised if it wasnt at USC too. Something to look into though!

JConley626 -The interview was very chill, they mainly stressed Why USC and Why Pharmacy. I talked about my experience in pharmacy, and why pharmacy primarily in the first interview, and then Dr. Ziegler had a couple questions set aside for when he interviewed me, but they weren't too bad. Relax, and you will be fine. Both interviews were very conversational, and they definitely want to get to know you. I actually felt like there wasn't enough time haha

Wait, so when did y'all interview? The 19th?

@ megandupe = thanks! ill def look into it...

@philosopher = yeah we both interviewed on the 19th at USC

Accepted to MUSC....and suffering from an extreme situation of the jitters!!

Accepted to MUSC....and suffering from an extreme situation of the jitters!!

congrats - when did you hear back? when was your interview?

you're talking about jitters...I think I may have a stroke soon from the amount of stress this is putting us through lol

congrats to those that were just accepted. I guess they are telling a few ppl every couple of days? haha

so is everyone definitely attending? I need to send in my deposit sometime this week

Ahhh... that is my sigh of relief haha. I got an email at 5:01pm yesterday, but I had already left work for my public speaking class (last pre-req). Just saw it when I got in this morning. Congrats to megan and smallmac! Hope some others hear soon!

Does anyone have advice on where I can find a good roommate or place to live? I'd optimally live downtown (i know its more expensive, but I dont want to drive alot).

:D Had a voicemail waiting on me about 2 pm today!!! I'm in!!!! So excited...

Congratulations kmediwa!!! That's so exciting! Are you definitely going?

:D Had a voicemail waiting on me about 2 pm today!!! I'm in!!!! So excited...

Congrats! Maybe I'll hear back tomorrow then!

And congrats to everyone else who's made it in so far as well! Hopefully I'll see y'all in the fall :D

Congrats! Maybe I'll hear back tomorrow then!

And congrats to everyone else who's made it in so far as well! Hopefully I'll see y'all in the fall :D

Hope so as well! Did u interview at USC as well?

Haha yeah, around what time did you get your call? And I went to North Greenville University!

I know someone who teaches there! Umm I had an anatomy exam and they didnt call the day before as they had said they would - so I turned my phone off all yesterday until after I took the exam...I figured if it was good or bad news - it would still be a distraction!

The voicemail said 2:17pm

At 1:41 PM mountain time I got an email accepting me to the MUSC campus!!! I interviewed January 21st. Can't wait to start

I know someone who teaches there! Umm I had an anatomy exam and they didnt call the day before as they had said they would - so I turned my phone off all yesterday until after I took the exam...I figured if it was good or bad news - it would still be a distraction!

The voicemail said 2:17pm

Haha that was a smart plan! Hope you did well on your anatomy test then!

No call today, though =/ maybe next week

Congrats everyone! Also, good luck Philosopher! I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I interview on Monday - so nervous!!

At 1:41 PM mountain time I got an email accepting me to the MUSC campus!!! I interviewed January 21st. Can't wait to start

Congrats! I missed your post the first time some how! Haha, enjoy that campus

Congrats everyone! Also, good luck Philosopher! I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I interview on Monday - so nervous!!

Thanks! I'll be crossing my fingers real hard haha, and good luck!!!

I just got invited in for an interview at MUSC for February 25th, any pointers?

Congratulations! I was at MUSC on the 21st too. Are you the guy from Utah? Just wondering...Still hoping to hear. Everyday that goes by I feel like I'm dying a little inside.:scared:

I just got invited in for an interview at MUSC for February 25th, any pointers?
Be yourself. One of your interviews will be for 30 minutes with a professor that hasn't seen your file except your personal statement. My interview with that professor was very casual, talked about Utah, where I'm from, and about Charleston. The second interview is with a different professor, also for 30 minutes. This professor will have read your profile beforehand, personal statement and all. In this interview the professor had specific questions for me that they came up with from reading my profile. Still very casual but the questions were more direct and served to get to know me better. Where as the first interview was just basically a chat. While one group of students are interviewing the others go on a tour of the campus lead by current students. Ask the students any questions you have. And to start the while thing off Dean Hall will give a 1 hour presentation about the program.

Let me know if you have any other questions. GOOD LUCK!!!

Congratulations! I was at MUSC on the 21st too. Are you the guy from Utah? Just wondering...Still hoping to hear. Everyday that goes by I feel like I'm dying a little inside.:scared:

Yes, I'm the guy from Utah. Did we talk while we were there? If so when? Just trying to remember who you are. The Dean actually called me before I got my email to tell me I got in because he knew I had an offer from another school and I had to tell them by today. In our conversation he said I might not receive my email till Monday. I hope you don't have to wait too much longer, it's the worst.

Hey I just got my acceptance email today for MUSC (I interviewed with the Jan. 14th group at MUSC).

Yes, I'm the guy from Utah. Did we talk while we were there? If so when? Just trying to remember who you are. The Dean actually called me before I got my email to tell me I got in because he knew I had an offer from another school and I had to tell them by today. In our conversation he said I might not receive my email till Monday. I hope you don't have to wait too much longer, it's the worst.
Yes, at the end when we were all in the board room waiting for the check out. I was asking you why you had come all the way out here from Utah and you said it was the plan for you and your wife to come back to the East Coast for grad school and her family is here. I was the oldest woman in the room, short dark hair and glasses. I went to the College of Charleston a LONG time ago and finishing my pre-reqs at Trident Tech. Again, congratulations. I know you said you had other interviews before and after ours. Have you decided on MUSC?
Also, if you check your application status on the MUSC website now, does it look any different? Maybe something in the comments section?

Last edited:
Yes, at the end when we were all in the board room waiting for the check out. I was asking you why you had come all the way out here from Utah and you said it was the plan for you and your wife to come back to the East Coast for grad school and her family is here. I was the oldest woman in the room, short dark hair and glasses. I went to the College of Charleston a LONG time ago and finishing my pre-reqs at Trident Tech. Again, congratulations. I know you said you had other interviews before and after ours. Have you decided on MUSC?
Also, if you check your application status on the MUSC website now, does it look any different? Maybe something in the comments section?

I remember you! I had two interviews after MUSC but I cancelled them, one at Western University in California and one at University of Illinois Chicago. I am definitely set on MUSC. My application status hasn't changed at all. Doesn't say anything about an interview or acceptance. I hope you don't have to wait much longer. Someone on here interviewed the 14th and received an email friday, so it's hard to tell when exactly anyone should expect an answer

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the roll call for 2014/2015. Please post in the sticky thread or PM me your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).:)

Is there like a facebook group or something for SCCP Class of 2015 - where we can like meet everyone and not have to wait till August?

:D Sorry - I'm excited

Since this Application/Interview thread is becoming an acceptance thread I thought it would be great to start an official acceptance thread so we can start getting to know each other and help each other get ready to start school in the fall. I started this new thread and it is titled ...

*OFFICIAL* SCCP Class of 2015 MUSC Campus

Someone who got accepted to the USC campus should start one for that campus as well.

I'm hoping this new thread works especially since I'm coming from Utah and know close to nothing about the area.

I also created a facebook page for SCCP Class of 2015 and here is the URL...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/SCCP-Class-of-2015/163147870403503

Awesome - May look into trying to make that thread (technology is not on my side :( )

The facebook page is for both campuses?

Awesome - May look into trying to make that thread (technology is not on my side :( )

The facebook page is for both campuses?

Yes the facebook page is for both campuses. I thought it would be a cool place to talk about both campuses, post pictures, etc.

Setting up a new thread is easy. 1) Go to the homepage of studentdoctor 2)Highlight cursor over the pharmacy tab and select pharmacy forums from the drop down menu. 3) select pre-pharmacy. 4) Towards the top of the page on the left side is an icon that says new thread. And from there it's easy, post a title and start writing.