OSU-COM Discussion Thread 2009-2010

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yes now 3 people on SDN have given up spots, but i know of atleast 8 others = a total of 11.

Yes they are good with financial aid, but the computer issue still isn't solved.

They still use roger's computers or whoever it is and they still push the fujitsu tablets. Might as well be the pinto of the computers.

Members don't see this ad.

*Update* I had an idea, I looked at the financial aid Email Header and found that there were 88 emails for students listed. Seems the class may be full still yet? Unless some of those emails include students whom recently withdrawn.

I just received word that the final waitlist notifications will be sent out this week via e-mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got the call for the M.S./D.O. dual degree program!!! REALLY REALLY excited!

Awesome, congrats! I hope I'll have similar news soon!

Thank you! I'll be rooting for you Phange. Best of luck to you and all that are still waiting!

Thank you! I'll be rooting for you Phange. Best of luck to you and all that are still waiting!

I'm not gonna lie, my faith is diminishing. This is my fifth time waiting for a medical school response, so I'm used to getting rejected in the end :(

Does anyone on the wait-list mind posting there mcat/stats

Just got the email. Made the final waitlist. Good luck to all.

Got my email. They cut me off the waitlist. Oh well, gotta live by the Galaxy Quest motto: Never give up, never surrender! :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats to everyone who made the final waitlist and better yet, those who are accepted! I wish everyone the best and feel free to shoot me any questions for the next years applications.

Sorry to hear that Phange.

Anyone going to admitted students day tomorrow?

theres 23 confirmed people in the FB group going. Should be a few more going that arnt in the group.

I agree. I've been accepted into a Masters program at Colorado State but I am still really hopeful that OSU comes through.

My alma mater!!! What master's program?! If it's the Biomedical Sciences one-year master's, big congratulations!! because that one's super competitive

My alma mater!!! What master's program?! If it's the Biomedical Sciences one-year master's, big congratulations!! because that one's super competitive

That's the program! I am excited to get back into school(especially in CO), but still hold out hope for OSU.

I officially gave up my seat today. I know another individual who gave up their spot today as well. Goodluck to those of you still waiting.

gpa: 3.2
mcat: 30

i'm applying this year with similar stats
cga 3.24
sgpa 3.37
mcat 31K PS7/VR13/BS11

if you dont mind me asking, what do you think are the weak points of your app? i was really hoping that my 31 mcat would make up for my 3.2 gpa but i've yet to see anyone get accepted with a 3.2, so i'm worried.:scared:

I know of people accepted with similar stats to a 3.2 GPA and 30 MCAT. Two were second round acceptances.

I'm guessing the silence on the thread means no one has heard anything. I am caving and getting my application together for the 2010/2011 cycle. Boo that...

I know some people whom heard, last one was the 28th of June. It seems like its down to the one for one: as one cancels another one is pulled off wait list.

Just for clarification, is the 2 page limit on the supplemental per question or for all three?

You can never be too careful.

i'm really curious to be member of this community, i hope that i can learn and find new mates :)

Does anyone know of anything with the Bridge Program and when interview calls will start to be made?

This is last years thread...

but...

They will start some undetermined time after regular interviews cease and final decisions are made on the class at that point.