New York College of Podiatric Medicine (NYCPM) Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Since NYCPM offers fall and spring matriculation, is one semester easier to get into opposed to one another? Also, are there any benefits to coming in the spring opposed to starting in the fall like the traditional schedule?

Since NYCPM offers fall and spring matriculation, is one semester easier to get into opposed to one another? Also, are there any benefits to coming in the spring opposed to starting in the fall like the traditional schedule?

It's not easier to get into one term than another; both require the same stats for admissions.
As far as what I see on their site, those starting in Jan take fewer courses than those starting in Aug, but Jan and Aug still graduate at the same time.
I believe the Jan term was created for anyone working/with family/or nontrads, and seems like a good option to do well for the first 1-2 semesters.
You should read up more about it using the NYCPM Students handbook (it should be on their website).

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You take Anatomy and Bacteriology in spring and Infectious diseases in summer before fall students start. So you would be taking 1 less class per sem your first 3 semesters.

There is a Zoom-OpenHouse tomorrow for NYCPM at 1 PM EST.

The New York College of Podiatric Medicine invites you to join us for our first Open House of the 2020-2021 application cycle.

Date: Friday, August 7th, 2020

Time: 1:00 PM EST
via Zoom Platform
During our event you will be able to:
Learn more about the podiatric profession;
Hear first-hand experiences from alumni;
Meet current podiatric medical students;
Have your questions answered!
Register Here: go.nycpm.edu
(Once you have completed the inquiry form, go to the ‘Visit Us’ tab on that website to register for our events.)
You will receive your Zoom invite to the Open House the morning of the event.
Any questions?

Email:[email protected] or call 212-410-8098 to speak with an Admissions Representative

Reactions: 1 user
Is anyone able to see interview schedule times on NYCPM login? The invite says you can view interview times within an hour of the email and its been like a day or two for me.

Is anyone able to see interview schedule times on NYCPM login? The invite says you can view interview times within an hour of the email and its been like a day or two for me.
Yeah, I can't see it either, I gave them a call and they're trying to get it fixed by the end of the week.

I called them this morning and they fixed it within an hour. Should work for you too!
Ok, everyone definitely call if dates don't pop up for you, they'll just schedule over the phone!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know how long it takes to get an admissions decision after interviewing?

Does anyone know how long it takes to get an admissions decision after interviewing?

I called them last week, and they said that we might hear back this week, but way more likely that we get our admission decision next week.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on 8/24. Haven't heard back since. Was told some staffers of the admission committee were on vacation and should make a decision in two weeks after my interview date.

How long is the Peer interview? They said the interviews would be between 11-3 and I just got scheduled for one at 3:30 pm and have a COVID test at 4:15pm.

How long is the Peer interview? They said the interviews would be between 11-3 and I just got scheduled for one at 3:30 pm and have a COVID test at 4:15pm.
My interview with student Lasted 15mins

The interviewers only asked me 2-3 questions and then it was just a convo. Never asked my why podiatry so that was kinda surprising. Hopefully that’s not bad!! But it was super chill and enjoyable.

Edit: no one showed up to my group interview so idk what is happening

Last edited by a moderator:
hey guys! has anyone applied to the January program? any idea on if they have spots left? I have my transcript in limbo and I really wanna apply to the Jan program

hey guys! has anyone applied to the January program? any idea on if they have spots left? I have my transcript in limbo and I really wanna apply to the Jan program
I would contact admission, they're very helpful...Call and/or email them, never hurst!

oh, and they have a webinar about the january program this Thursday- you can register for it through the school's website

Yall lucky!!! Stats??

1. GPAs: cGPA: 3.60 sGPA: 3.55

2. MCAT Score: 510

3. Shadowing hours & ECs: A bunch of stuff lol. Medical scribe, former high school teacher, volunteer crisis counselor, worked in a neuroscience lab, was a TA all throughout college, a ton of shadowing with several specialties, including podiatry obviously. Yeah.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Interviewed last thursday, accepted today.

Reactions: 3 users
Not sure if you attended the webinar yesterday about the January class, they mentioned that they're still accepting applications. Deadline to apply for January 2021 is Nov. 30th. Class size should be between 20-30 students. I would suggest you contact them to guide you on your transcript issue, I know they were still reviewing application with non-official transcripts when I applied back in May.

Not sure if you attended the webinar yesterday about the January class, they mentioned that they're still accepting applications. Deadline to apply for January 2021 is Nov. 30th. Class size should be between 20-30 students. I would suggest you contact them to guide you on your transcript issue, I know they were still reviewing application with non-official transcripts when I applied back in May.

Hi, yes i attended the seminar, the school said they would dispense the transcipt to me in about two weeks, I'm just nervous that seats dont fill up because i didnt know that they dont let you apply for the Fall of the same year either! So im calculating my risk benefit of losing my chance to apply in Fall or acceptance in January

Hi, yes i attended the seminar, the school said they would dispense the transcipt to me in about two weeks, I'm just nervous that seats dont fill up because i didnt know that they dont let you apply for the Fall of the same year either! So im calculating my risk benefit of losing my chance to apply in Fall or acceptance in January
Hi! I don't go to NYCPM so I am not an expert, but if you apply to the January and the seats fill up you should see if they would let you defer to the fall class. In that case there really wouldn't be a risk one way or another? ... If that is a possibility but I am not entirely sure.

Hi! I don't go to NYCPM so I am not an expert, but if you apply to the January and the seats fill up you should see if they would let you defer to the fall class. In that case there really wouldn't be a risk one way or another? ... If that is a possibility but I am not entirely sure.

attarpd is correct; if you apply to their Jan class and all the seats are filled; they will just add you to the Sept start (same graduation year).
I don't know the specifics, but there should be enough time to apply for and get accepted into the Jan program; keep in touch with the admins.

Hey guys! I just wanted to share that for NYCPM I was never told me about my scholarship until I personally emailed them. If you're noticing you are getting scholarships from every other school definitely reach out to them. I talked to other students on SDN and some of them have had similar issues as me.

I agree on keeping in touch with the Admins, they'll walk you through all options. I didn't know that I could defer my acceptance and was planning to delay my application (I was still finishing up my master's program) and the administration advisor told me to apply anyway and that I can defer up to a year.

I would really just email them and have them give you a call to discuss your options

Hey guys! I just wanted to share that for NYCPM I was never told me about my scholarship until I personally emailed them. If you're noticing you are getting scholarships from every other school definitely reach out to them. I talked to other students on SDN and some of them have had similar issues as me.

Thanks guys! I’m more worried about my stats and that hindering my ability to get into the Jan program. SGPA-3.0 and CGPA is the same. My mcat is 495, 4 years as an MA, psych research and leadership roles in a school club.

They’re very vague about the number of seats, just say 20-30, and if I ask how many available seats are left they almost always ignore it. Also could you take a look at my stats, I’m really lost as to if I’m at a chance for an interview even if I apply now? Not sure if October is late in the cycle? And FYI, I’m applying to all 9 schools.

I agree on keeping in touch with the Admins, they'll walk you through all options. I didn't know that I could defer my acceptance and was planning to delay my application (I was still finishing up my master's program) and the administration advisor told me to apply anyway and that I can defer up to a year.

I would really just email them and have them give you a call to discuss your options

honestly, I’ve been trying to contact using their personal emails and the general Enrollement email, and no ones has been getting back to me. Same with the phone :/ might be busy time right now, but I’m going totry to schedule an advisement appt on the website. I’ve learned about deferment through the forums here, and which is why I’m throwing my stars around to get an idea from Accepted student. I appreciate all of your help guys!

Thanks guys! I’m more worried about my stats and that hindering my ability to get into the Jan program. SGPA-3.0 and CGPA is the same. My mcat is 495, 4 years as an MA, psych research and leadership roles in a school club.

I think you are fine! I had higher gpa’s (cgpa 3.46 and sgpa 3.28) but same MCAT and was accepted today with scholarship! However, I didn’t apply to Jan class.

honestly, I’ve been trying to contact using their personal emails and the general Enrollement email, and no ones has been getting back to me. Same with the phone :/ might be busy time right now, but I’m going totry to schedule an advisement appt on the website. I’ve learned about deferment through the forums here, and which is why I’m throwing my stars around to get an idea from Accepted student. I appreciate all of your help guys!
I think your stats are fine, do schedule an appointment for advising it can never hurt but might help you tremendously. When I was in your shoes I emailed the advisor (Rekha) all my unofficial transcripts and resume and asked for an appointment to go over my stats/chances. Found it very helpful... I just feel the Jan start can be very nice especially now it might be virtual