College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery at Des Moines University (DMU-CPMS) Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
withdrawing my acceptance as I recently committed to a DO program
best of luck! this is truly an exceptional school, and I hope I can give my seat to someone!
Best of luck. Hope you land that specialty you want. You're gonna do great Jimmy.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
interested in applying, is it maybe too late?
It's late for schools such as AZPOD and DMU as you'll most likely be waitlisted. But not too late for schools with big class sizes such as Barry, Kent State, CSPM, New York, maybe Scholl, and maybe Temple.

You should shoot your shot and still apply given the deadline is June 30th

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It's late for schools such as AZPOD and DMU as you'll most likely be waitlisted. But not too late for schools with big class sizes such as Barry, Kent State, CSPM, New York, maybe Scholl, and maybe Temple.

You should shoot your shot and still apply given the deadline is June 30th
CSPM has seat cap at 48. Not exactly a large school.

Hey all! Has there been any recent movement anyone knows about? My app was verified 8 days ago, enrolled in the DMU portal they sent, & I spoke with admissions yesterday asking about my app & they said I’d hear back soon. Waiting game has me on edge lol.

Can anyone comment on why they chose pod instead of MD/DO?
Great work/life balance (my partner and I both want kids), guaranteed surgical residency, podiatry is super cool, not a lot of on call work unless you do trauma surgeries.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
I think the Kira assessment was probably the most awkward thing that I did during this interview cycle. It feels like you're talking to yourself and it's hard to end the train of thought naturally so I ended up just trailing. My advice would be is do the practice videos a few times where your comfortable with the pace and everything else
what type of questions does it ask? how would you advise preparing for it?

what type of questions does it ask? how would you advise preparing for it?

Hi prospectivedpm, current 2nd year at DMU. For the Kira, you get one minute to prepare an answer and one minute to video record your answer. They show you the prompt and then the one minute to prepare begins.

I would make sure to think about some common topics:
-how would you describe yourself
-how would your friends describe you
-what is a time that you faced adversity
-what was a time you stood up for someone being treated unfairly
- what do you see as being your biggest weakness
-why podiatry
-how do you think you personally could contribute to the future of the profession

With Kira, I think it’s vital to use facial expressions and to keep a smile on your face. Look happy to be there. Make sure you are in a quiet place. I used my undergrad library’s private room. Make use of the one minute to create the outline of how you are going to formulate your answer!

Can anyone comment on why they chose pod instead of MD/DO?
Yeah nobody does this and those who choose DO will regret it one day.