College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery at Des Moines University (DMU-CPMS) Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DexterMorganSK

Staff member
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard back from Des Moines?

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard back from Des Moines?
I got an email saying that they are processing my application. Email said it can take up to 90 days, so best thing is to just be patient (which I am not lol).

Members don't see this ad :)
Was invited to do the Kira Assessment on 8/25

Reactions: 1 user
Received an interview invite a few days ago! Will be scheduling Kira assessment soon

Does anyone know how much merit scholarship dmu awards?

Has anyone done the group interview? What kind of questions do they ask? Is it challenging?

Has anyone done the group interview? What kind of questions do they ask? Is it challenging?
I think it is just the Kira assessment, which is not that bad. You have to attend a student panel and faculty panel that lasts maybe 2 hours total. Basically it's an open forum that you and the other applicants (maybe 2-3 others) can ask current students and faculty any question you want. Nobody is asking you any questions. Dress professionally though. It is not stressful but can be awkward at times to come up with questions for an hour straight lol. I received my acceptance letter within a week of completion of the group panel and Kira assessment. Good luck and don't stress too much!

Does anyone know how much merit scholarship dmu awards?
Website says "Renewable scholarships ranging from $2,500to $7,500. Awarded to entering first-year students based on outstanding academic performance prior to matriculation into the College and continued demonstration of academic excellence."

I was awarded 5k and will continue if I remain in the top 25% of my class.

Website says "Renewable scholarships ranging from $2,500to $7,500. Awarded to entering first-year students based on outstanding academic performance prior to matriculation into the College and continued demonstration of academic excellence."

I was awarded 5k and will continue if I remain in the top 25% of my class.

hey, what were your stats if you dont mind me asking.

I was accepted with a $5000 scholarship offer.

Members don't see this ad :)
Idk I got offered a $15,000 Scholarship to Barry if I maintain a 3.5 gpa and idk what to do

The scholarship is always nice. I have not heard the best about Barry here on SDN or from my mentors, but honestly its probably just talk. You will be a DPM no matter which school you go to if you work hard. I'd say just go where you think you will be happiest!

The scholarship is always nice. I have not heard the best about Barry here on SDN or from my mentors, but honestly its probably just talk. You will be a DPM no matter which school you go to if you work hard. I'd say just go where you think you will be happiest!
I think des moines is my best option! if anyone else decides on DMU let’s get in contact!

I think des moines is my best option! if anyone else decides on DMU let’s get in contact!
I think I am most likely going to DMU, 95%. Did you apply anywhere else or wanting to go to others beside Barry and DMU? Yes, let's get in contact and add on as people decide to go here!

Did anyone else get a call from Dean Yoho after they were accepted?

Idk I got offered a $15,000 Scholarship to Barry if I maintain a 3.5 gpa and idk what to do

Considering cost of living, DMU’s cost of attendance will probably be less expensive even with Barry’s scholarship

Accepted to DMU, very excited one of my top schools.

Reactions: 5 users
I think I am most likely going to DMU, 95%. Did you apply anywhere else or wanting to go to others beside Barry and DMU? Yes, let's get in contact and add on as people decide to go here!
Yes I got accepted into Barry and Kent as well, and denied interviews elsewhere. but I am choosing DMU

I got accepted to DMU yesterday with a text message and email. Neither contained scholarship information. When did you hear If you were offered a scholarship?

Last edited:
I got accepted to DMU yesterday with a text message and email. Neither contained scholarship information. When did you here If you were offered a scholarship?
I got mine in a separate email later that day!

I got accepted to DMU yesterday with a text message and email. Neither contained scholarship information. When did you here If you were offered a scholarship?
My scholarship info actually came a bit later, several days.

Anyone know if DMU matches other scholarships offers?

@awkotaco asked the following ques, if anyone knows the answer; help them out, thanks.

"Hi everyone! I got an invitation to complete the Kira assessment for DMU's podiatry program. If any of yall completed it this year and have any advice please send them my way"

@awkotaco asked the following ques, if anyone knows the answer; help them out, thanks.

"Hi everyone! I got an invitation to complete the Kira assessment for DMU's podiatry program. If any of yall completed it this year and have any advice please send them my way"
Thank you!!

I think the Kira assessment was probably the most awkward thing that I did during this interview cycle. It feels like you're talking to yourself and it's hard to end the train of thought naturally so I ended up just trailing. My advice would be is do the practice videos a few times where your comfortable with the pace and everything else

I think the Kira assessment was probably the most awkward thing that I did during this interview cycle. It feels like you're talking to yourself and it's hard to end the train of thought naturally so I ended up just trailing. My advice would be is do the practice videos a few times where your comfortable with the pace and everything else
Thanks! and practice videos? They have practice videos available?

Yeah, once you go through the assessment, it'll allow you to go through practice videos/prompts

how long after your interview did you get a decision? And I heard that Dean Yoho calls you after you get accepted regarding any scholarships you get. When did you get that call?

Received my acceptance yesterday! WOOHOO!
When should I expect my financial package to arrive, AKA when will i know how much in scholarships I received? or does DMU not give out scholarships?

Accepted 2 weeks ago with a 5K renewable scholarship.
PM me for more information.
Received my acceptance yesterday! WOOHOO!
When should I expect my financial package to arrive, AKA when will i know how much in scholarships I received? or does DMU not give out scholarships?
yay! hi future classmates!!!!

DMU has been my top choice since I considered podiatry last January after shadowing my family member, so I'm excited to receive an interview invite!

Is the Kira assessment like Vita, or more specific questions?

withdrawing my acceptance as I recently committed to a DO program
best of luck! this is truly an exceptional school, and I hope I can give my seat to someone!

Reactions: 2 users