Midwestern CCP, IL c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interviewed 02/04 (Fri) and was placed on the alternate list 02/10. Checked my mail today and I had received a letter from MWU. I didn't open it until I got home and my heart was beating like crazy! I WAS SO BUMMED :( I know they pull out students from the pool even a week before orientation but I don't think I can wait that long :( I'm gonna go eat some Ben&Jerry's now:scared:

Hey there, I interviewed on 02/04 as well and I have not heard anything yet. Did they already send out the letter?? :eek: How did you do on the interview?

Members don't see this ad.

I interviewed 02/04 (Fri) and was placed on the alternate list 02/10. Checked my mail today and I had received a letter from MWU. I didn't open it until I got home and my heart was beating like crazy! I WAS SO BUMMED :( I know they pull out students from the pool even a week before orientation but I don't think I can wait that long :( I'm gonna go eat some Ben&Jerry's now:scared:

I interviewed 1/26 and received a letter today stating that I was placed on the alternative list...I know the feeling! Hang in there!!

I interviewed 1/26 and received a letter today stating that I was placed on the alternative list...I know the feeling! Hang in there!!

I know a lot of people that were pulled off the wait list. Keep in mind MWU is not the first choice for many accepted students. They pull quite a bit of people from the wait list. Don't lose hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
I know a lot of people that were pulled off the wait list. Keep in mind MWU is not the first choice for many accepted students. They pull quite a bit of people from the wait list. Don't lose hope!
thank you!!

Exactly.

They will pull you off the list sooner than you think. Don't worry!
:luck:

Does anyone have any idea when admissions starts pulling people off the wait list?? Do they wait till the end of the interviews and decide?

Does anyone have any idea when admissions starts pulling people off the wait list?? Do they wait till the end of the interviews and decide?

I'm not completely sure, but I think they review everyone that is waitlisted when someone declines their acceptance. Don't worry, it'll be fine! I bet I'll see ya here next fall!

Can't wait until they start pulling ppl off the waiting list, the waiting is the worst!!

Going to be giving up my spot. Someone on the wait list should be hearing from them soon I hope.

Good luck to everyone.

Just got in and excited to start! :) Anyone else got in from the Feb. 16 interview date?

I interviewed on 2/18 and was accepted 2/25! Very excited to meet everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Got accepted to Midwestern 2 weeks ago. Very excited! Can't wait to meet everyone :)

Got accepted to Midwestern 2 weeks ago. Very excited! Can't wait to meet everyone :)

Congrats to you and to other person above you as well!!!

can't wait to meet you guys! BTW any of you able to check other links on your portal after you have accepted the offer? I'm having trouble with that part

Congrats to you and to other person above you as well!!!

can't wait to meet you guys! BTW any of you able to check other links on your portal after you have accepted the offer? I'm having trouble with that part

After I accepted the offer the portal did not allow me to click anywhere until I completed a few steps. The last of which was selecting which computer I wanted. After that step, I was able to move around freely. Let me know if that helps!

After I accepted the offer the portal did not allow me to click anywhere until I completed a few steps. The last of which was selecting which computer I wanted. After that step, I was able to move around freely. Let me know if that helps!

Ohh, so u have to select which laptop first? Darn! did you receive a letter from the dean about the laptop will be talk about during orientation? I wonder if they let us change later on the laptop we choose now on the portal. Thanks!

Ohh, so u have to select which laptop first? Darn! did you receive a letter from the dean about the laptop will be talk about during orientation? I wonder if they let us change later on the laptop we choose now on the portal. Thanks!

I did, I guess we're getting them during orientation. If you'd like to switch maybe you can e-mail the school. I'm sure they haven't placed the order until all 200 of us make our pick.

I did, I guess we're getting them during orientation. If you'd like to switch maybe you can e-mail the school. I'm sure they haven't placed the order until all 200 of us make our pick.

You get the laptops during the first week of school.

For anything that has to do with the laptop requirement, e-mail [email protected] She answered all of my questions promptly :)

does anyone know if 2 organic chemistry labs are required for the prereqs? or do u just need at least one lab and both classes together have to add to 8 credits?

does anyone know if 2 organic chemistry labs are required for the prereqs? or do u just need at least one lab and both classes together have to add to 8 credits?

I'm pretty sure you need both labs, but call the admissions office to check just in case.

rth89---

I only 1 organic chemistry lab, and that is all you need for pre-reqs. I took Organic chemistry 1 and 2, which totaled to 6 hours, plus Orgo 1 Lab to total the 8 hours.

Hey,
Can anyone give me some insight about the turnaround time from when they interviewed and when they heard back? I have a deposit coming due for another school, but I would much rather attend Midwestern. Also does anyone who got in already have any idea how many spots they have left to fill?

thanks guys and gals

I interviewed on January 12, 2011 and was told that I would hear back within 4 to 8 weeks. I believe I heard back almost 4 weeks to the day. I'm not sure how many spots are left. I know that there are 12 of us who joined the facebook group, but that's not a good representation because only a small number follow sdn. hope that helps!

Hey,
Can anyone give me some insight about the turnaround time from when they interviewed and when they heard back? I have a deposit coming due for another school, but I would much rather attend Midwestern. Also does anyone who got in already have any idea how many spots they have left to fill?

thanks guys and gals

Hey,

thanks guys and gals

I actually found out within a week and a half even when they said they'd be telling us in 4+ weeks, check the portal if you're really antsy bc I was randomly checking and saw there before receiving the letter.

Good luck!

It sure does take a long time before you find out if you're accepted or not. I'm still waiting to hear back from them.

UIC told me TWO business days after the interview that I was in. (interviewed Friday and offered acceptance on Tuesday)

hi guys!!! i received a letter from Midwestern a month ago and they said that they are pending my application but they dont know when or if i will receive an interview invitation..they just stated that this was a positive result..i have been waiting for this school and worried...do you guys have a clue about my case????

hi guys!!! i received a letter from Midwestern a month ago and they said that they are pending my application but they dont know when or if i will receive an interview invitation..they just stated that this was a positive result..i have been waiting for this school and worried...do you guys have a clue about my case????

I'm not sure about your situation, but the best thing to do is to call them and ask, it's better to talk to them directly then worry! I'm sure you'll get interviewed soon :)

I'm not sure about your situation, but the best thing to do is to call them and ask, it's better to talk to them directly then worry! I'm sure you'll get interviewed soon :)
i will email them today...thank you!!! but i am not sure if i have interview or not because they have 1800 applicants this year?? did you get interview or something??
do you know if it is hard to get in into this school because i am an international student???

I just got in as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Now it's UIC vs. Midwestern... decisions, decisions, decisions. :scared:

congrats to all who recently got accepted!!! i can't wait to meet everyone at orientation :)

I just got in as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Now it's UIC vs. Midwestern... decisions, decisions, decisions. :scared:
i interviewed at uic today and actually it went very very well, i feel that i'll get accepted there too, it's hard to make a decision but im leaning more towards midwestern bc i live 20 mins away from it. UIC is cheapter and my 2 friends are going there, so IDK
where do u live???

hey everyone,
just found out i got in today as well (interviewed march 11th), checked the portal and called to double check...i am really excited to meet everyone!

charleston wv-interviewed (haven't heard back yet)
chicago state-interviewed (accepted)
midwestern ccp-interviewed (accepted and attending) :cool:

yaaaay.. I just checked my portal and found out i was pulled off the waitlist and my status changed to accepted.. am so excited :laugh:

I interviewed 01/05 and was placed on waitlist.

My number one choice UMN also placed me on ranked waitlist and still waiting on final decision.. I am confused on whether to send the deposit to Midwestern CCP or just wait on my my first choice school. Help!!

I got pulled off from the waitlist and got accepted today as well! :) But I will be declining my seat because UIC was my top choice :D

i interviewed at uic today and actually it went very very well, i feel that i'll get accepted there too, it's hard to make a decision but im leaning more towards midwestern bc i live 20 mins away from it. UIC is cheapter and my 2 friends are going there, so IDK
where do u live???

I live closer to UIC-Rockford.

Hey,
Couple of quick questions for anyone who can help, I would really appreciate it (from one future classmate to another)...

I just got accepted yesterday, and haven't really gotten very far into the portal yet.

-Does anyone know, is the full $1k due right away, or is there an option to do $500 right away and $500 later (thought that was what was said at the interview)?

-When you select the laptop, what options are available in terms of Apple computers (is there an option to do upgrades, or is it just make your pick)?

-Finally any suggestions where to live, it would be my wife, myself, and a dog. Looking to keep prices reasonable, but any suggestions from people in the know would be great!

Thanks everyone, can't wait to see you in fall!

Hi everyone,
I just checked portal and got ACCEPTED also and will be attending :)

Thank you everyone on SDN for your help

I'm also looking to live on the on-campus dorms anyone else planning to live there let me know. Looking for roomates.

Hey,
Couple of quick questions for anyone who can help, I would really appreciate it (from one future classmate to another)...

I just got accepted yesterday, and haven't really gotten very far into the portal yet.

-Does anyone know, is the full $1k due right away, or is there an option to do $500 right away and $500 later (thought that was what was said at the interview)?

-When you select the laptop, what options are available in terms of Apple computers (is there an option to do upgrades, or is it just make your pick)?

-Finally any suggestions where to live, it would be my wife, myself, and a dog. Looking to keep prices reasonable, but any suggestions from people in the know would be great!

Thanks everyone, can't wait to see you in fall!

Congrats on getting in! So I'm going to try to answer your questions as best as I can.

As far as I know, the full deposit is due, I called and asked for other options and they didn't seem to provide any alternates to that situation.

The laptop choices are the Dell + Mac, and that's it. You just have to make your pick, which I also tried to get out of but there's no chance you can, I talked to the Dean herself.

I have a family also and we live in Lombard, about 10 minutes from the MWU campus. In terms of where we live and where other MWU students live, check out Versailles Apartments in Oakbrook Terrace, Westmore Apartments in Lombard, Yorktown Condos (always renting places, so check craigslist), there's also Yorktown Apartments, Oakbrook Towers, basically, there's a LOT. And a lot of them are pet-friendly and have plenty to do in terms of living with a family.

Hope this helped!

Is there anyone still waiting to hear back for an interview? I submitted my supplemental in mid-February and its been a month and few days. I am very nervous because I think few ppl have interview in April...so not sure what's going on!?

Is there anyone still waiting to hear back for an interview? I submitted my supplemental in mid-February and its been a month and few days. I am very nervous because I think few ppl have interview in April...so not sure what's going on!?

Interesting. Well, I was able to schedule my interview literally a day or two after I submitted by supplemental.