Midwestern CCP, IL c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks! There is still hope then! When did you interview and how soon did they let you know?
Btw, congrats on getting accepted! :)

My stats are the exact same and I was accepted. My interview was 1/12 and I found out 1/20. It all depends on when the admissions committee meets for how long it will take you to get an answer. They told us it could take up to 8 weeks [and I have heard of people waiting that long].

Don't worry about your PCAT stats and GPA because those are not given to the people interviewing you. I have a friend who interviewed on the same day with a slightly lower PCAT but a better GPA who was wait listed. Not trying to discourage just trying to let you know they do look at how you do on the interview as well.

Members don't see this ad.

My stats are the exact same and I was accepted. My interview was 1/12 and I found out 1/20. It all depends on when the admissions committee meets for how long it will take you to get an answer. They told us it could take up to 8 weeks [and I have heard of people waiting that long].

Don't worry about your PCAT stats and GPA because those are not given to the people interviewing you. I have a friend who interviewed on the same day with a slightly lower PCAT but a better GPA who was wait listed. Not trying to discourage just trying to let you know they do look at how you do on the interview as well.

Hey, thanks so much for the reassurance! and congrats on your acceptance! :)

I was wondering if any of you who already got accepted but have not done your pre-reg yet until the Summer 2011 semester??

I'm interviewing tomorrow (Feb 4th). argg so nervous that i could not concentrate on studying for my midterm exams.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have all my pre-reqs done but I think they said at the interview that as long as you have classes done prior to the September start that you will be fine.

They seemed pretty easygoing about fulfilling classes. Good luck!

I have all my pre-reqs done but I think they said at the interview that as long as you have classes done prior to the September start that you will be fine.

They seemed pretty easygoing about fulfilling classes. Good luck!

Well what I'm thinking is that, will they wait to see your Spring and Summer grades before matriculating you into the program.
Most of the people I have talked to who got accepted by this time are done with their pre-reg...
hmmm...:rolleyes:

Nope, I think as long as you pass your your remaining classes with a C (and I assume keep your GPA at least their minimum) you are golden.

I was accepted in December and at that point the school had not seen my summer grades or my fall grades.

I think they make their decision based on what they have in your file at the time.

Nope, I think as long as you pass your your remaining classes with a C (and I assume keep your GPA at least their minimum) you are golden.

I was accepted in December and at that point the school had not seen my summer grades or my fall grades.

I think they make their decision based on what they have in your file at the time.

Wait, but didn't you said you got accepted before you got your pre-reg done?
If you were done with your pre-reg courses by Dec, then i guess they don't care about your grades anymore.

I interviewed just as my fall semester was ending and I though I was still going to have to take physics this semester but they ended up taking a class that I took in undergrad.

I submitted my PharmCAS before I was done with the second half of summer school so my summer class grades weren't sent out when I originally submitted my app to Midwestern.

I got accepted before they saw 5 grades for outstanding classes. I just sent in my transcript and they checked them off online as complete after I sent my deposit in.

I can confirm this. Taking Calculus right now. Took it in high school but they wouldn't accept it because the AP credit wasn't on my transcript. You have until next September to take and pass any pre-req. They also don't [as far as I know] look down upon your application if you still have some requirements to fill. However, in the agreement you sign upon being accepted it states that you are conditionally accepted on the grounds that you take and pass whatever pre-reqs you still need to take.

Seriously, the interview is meaningless!

I totally agree with you. It seems like they missed the whole idea of interview.. and they are doing it just because its a requirement by AACP.

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the roll call for 2014/2015. Please post in the sticky thread or PM me your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).:)

so everything for Midwestern was recieved on January 25th. How long does it usually take to hear about an interview?

so everything for Midwestern was recieved on January 25th. How long does it usually take to hear about an interview?

I got asked for an interview the day I turned my supplemental in. However, I have heard of it taking up to a week. Did you get an e-mail from them saying your supplemental was received and under review?

I got asked for an interview the day I turned my supplemental in. However, I have heard of it taking up to a week. Did you get an e-mail from them saying your supplemental was received and under review?

Yeah I got an email. Did u receive ur invite via email?

Yeah I got an email. Did u receive ur invite via email?

Yes the invite was sent via e-mail. Another thing I can suggest is check the portal [where you did your supplemental application]. Under the pre-accepted section there is "Interview scheduling". After I received the e-mail I had to go there to schedule the interview. Prior to getting an interview invitation it simply said that I wasn't allowed to schedule the interview.

Your final option would be to simply call the office of admissions. I called them to verify I was accepted. They were quick and helpful. I am sure they should be able to at least update you on the status. I am sure now is a pretty busy time for admissions because it is getting closer to the deadline.

hello guys...so i received my interview invitation today..what should i do to prepare for the interview...i m really nervous and i dont know what kinds of questions will be on there..or dont knw wht to expect...basically what should i do to make my interview really strong..people who've been to the interview, please help me out...i will appreciate any feedbacks tht u guys might have...thnxs!!!

Got an interview invite today as well. Even thought I've been accepted to one of my top choices already I wouldn't mind seeing Chicago and the school... just gotta figure out if the expenses allow it.

hello guys...so i received my interview invitation today..what should i do to prepare for the interview...i m really nervous and i dont know what kinds of questions will be on there..or dont knw wht to expect...basically what should i do to make my interview really strong..people who've been to the interview, please help me out...i will appreciate any feedbacks tht u guys might have...thnxs!!!

Check the interview feedback on top of this page. You will find everything you need to know/ expect on the interview. They are all very helpful.

You dont need to be nervous because the interview is not really an interview. It is more like an orientation/talking with the school. I personally think they don't judge or make decision base on what/how you did on the interview day. Again, no need to worry or nervous.

Good luck!

Got an interview invite today as well. Even thought I've been accepted to one of my top choices already I wouldn't mind seeing Chicago and the school... just gotta figure out if the expenses allow it.

I laughed when reading this post. I mean, seriously? You are from NY and already been accepted, why you need to waste your money to come to see this school? :rolleyes: Seriously, after my interview/visit at the school, I don't want to consider this school anymore. The interview was pointless. The interviewer don't really listen to what you say (they even yawned couple of times while I and others were answering the question!!!).

The class size is 200, and the tuition is ridiculous!! They are just like, "okay, we accept everyone, for the money we need!" - that's it! :eek:

well again, if you have money to waste, just come for an experience! ;)

I laughed when reading this post. I mean, seriously? You are from NY and already been accepted, why you need to waste your money to come to see this school? :rolleyes: Seriously, after my interview/visit at the school, I don't want to consider this school anymore. The interview was pointless. The interviewer don't really listen to what you say (they even yawned couple of times while I and others were answering the question!!!).

The class size is 200, and the tuition is ridiculous!! They are just like, "okay, we accept everyone, for the money we need!" - that's it! :eek:

well again, if you have money to waste, just come for an experience! ;)

While we are all entitled to an opinion I think it is disrespectful to say the school takes a "we accept everyone" policy considering some people have voiced they are on the wait list or haven't gotten an interview.

I do believe this school does take interviews into consideration. As I posted above I have a friend who was recently wait listed with a better GPA but slightly lower PCAT score from what I had. No one can say for certain how much the interview process is taken into consideration, and I will agree with others that it is hard to really get to know someone in a group interview.

That being said from someone who has had interviews before my MWU interview and after I can say [I felt] they did a decent job. I have been to a few interviews that were done by alumni who couldn't answer ANY of my questions and just wanted to talk about themselves the whole time.

I understand the group interview is kind of annoying, but at least it is done by faculty who can answer you questions. I went into all my interviews with the "I have an interview now it is the schools turn to show me why I should go there" attitude. With all the essays and supplemental applications I felt like the schools should have a pretty good idea of who I am already. I felt like MWU did a great job during the interview of showing me what the school has to offer.

For all who recently received an interview: my best advice is to go into it with the "what does this school have to offer me" mentality. At the end of the interview [at least for me] the faculty members opened it up for questions. Use that time to ask them questions you really want to know about the program. After that you will get a tour given by actual pharmacy students. I would also suggest using that time to ask the students about the program.

Last edited:
hey guys.. i just received an email this morning for an interview on march 18th! i'm super excited n nervous. i just have a couple of questions for those who already interviewed. 1) do the interviewers solely ask general Q&A? 2) do they ask more in depth questions about our gpa/volunteer/work experience?

THANK YOU!

hey guys.. i just received an email this morning for an interview on march 18th! i'm super excited n nervous. i just have a couple of questions for those who already interviewed. 1) do the interviewers solely ask general Q&A? 2) do they ask more in depth questions about our gpa/volunteer/work experience?

THANK YOU!

When you submitted your supp application and what is your GPA and PCAT score?

hey guys, im scheduled for the march 18 interview too, where are you guys coming from??

THANK YOU!

The interview feedback page on this site covers the questions pretty much. I didn't know about the interview feedback page until after my interview. They wont ask questions about your GPA or PCAT scores so I would say most of them are general questions. It doesn't hurt to try and squeeze in that you have been a pharmacy technician [if you have] into one of your responses. Some of the questions I got were:

1) What was a time you made a mistake? What did you do to fix it? What did you learn?
2) When was a time you had to think quickly to resolve an issue?

Those were two of the trickier questions I had at my interview. I would also say that is about as specific as they will get. They will be blind to your PCAT score and GPA during the interview so I am sure that any questions and answers will be geared away from hearing about your GPA or PCAT score.

That being said congrats on your interview and good luck! As I have said in a previous post. You have an interview now it is your turn to see what the school has to offer you. You did the supplemental and all the other stuff they know plenty about you. I think the interview is as much about them getting to know you as it is you getting to know the program and school. Don't be afraid to ask question about the program!

While we are all entitled to an opinion I think it is disrespectful to say the school takes a "we accept everyone" policy considering some people have voiced they are on the wait list or haven't gotten an interview.

I do believe this school does take interviews into consideration. As I posted above I have a friend who was recently wait listed with a better GPA but slightly lower PCAT score from what I had. No one can say for certain how much the interview process is taken into consideration, and I will agree with others that it is hard to really get to know someone in a group interview.

That being said from someone who has had interviews before my MWU interview and after I can say [I felt] they did a decent job. I have been to a few interviews that were done by alumni who couldn't answer ANY of my questions and just wanted to talk about themselves the whole time.

I understand the group interview is kind of annoying, but at least it is done by faculty who can answer you questions. I went into all my interviews with the "I have an interview now it is the schools turn to show me why I should go there" attitude. With all the essays and supplemental applications I felt like the schools should have a pretty good idea of who I am already. I felt like MWU did a great job during the interview of showing me what the school has to offer.

I'm sorry if you think my point of view is disrespectful. But I'm not gonna argue with you about this issue. Whatever...I really don't care about this school anymore.

Good luck to you guys who are interviewing. Do not need to be nervous at all since the interview is pointless! But if you need to be prepared, review the interview feedback on this forum.
;)

THANK YOU!

1) Yes. general, like why pharmacy/why midwestern/introduce yourself.
2) No. They don't really care about who you are at all, so definitely no depth or follow-up questions. Plus, it's closed-file interview. The interviewers don't know about your background or anything.
It is just like a group discussion/talking. Period.

Good luck!

1) Yes. general, like why pharmacy/why midwestern/introduce yourself.
2) No. They don't really care about who you are at all, so definitely no depth or follow-up questions. Plus, it's closed-file interview. The interviewers don't know about your background or anything.
It is just like a group discussion/talking. Period.

Good luck!

thank you so much for your feedback. :)

The interview feedback page on this site covers the questions pretty much. I didn't know about the interview feedback page until after my interview. They wont ask questions about your GPA or PCAT scores so I would say most of them are general questions. It doesn't hurt to try and squeeze in that you have been a pharmacy technician [if you have] into one of your responses. Some of the questions I got were:

1) What was a time you made a mistake? What did you do to fix it? What did you learn?
2) When was a time you had to think quickly to resolve an issue?

Those were two of the trickier questions I had at my interview. I would also say that is about as specific as they will get. They will be blind to your PCAT score and GPA during the interview so I am sure that any questions and answers will be geared away from hearing about your GPA or PCAT score.

That being said congrats on your interview and good luck! As I have said in a previous post. You have an interview now it is your turn to see what the school has to offer you. You did the supplemental and all the other stuff they know plenty about you. I think the interview is as much about them getting to know you as it is you getting to know the program and school. Don't be afraid to ask question about the program!

Thanks so much for your feedback! I definitely need to come up with some clever answers.. :cool:

When you submitted your supp application and what is your GPA and PCAT score?

I submitted my supp app during late January. My GPA and PCAT scores are very mediocre and average. I think it's my volunteer/work experience and supplemental application that got me the interview.

i'm coming from the Bay Area (California). how about you?
i live in illinois, im actually 20 mins away from the campus so i really wanna get accepted there but im so nervous about the interview. it's so cold here so be prepared :scared::scared::scared::scared:!!

i live in illinois, im actually 20 mins away from the campus so i really wanna get accepted there but im so nervous about the interview. it's so cold here so be prepared :scared::scared::scared::scared:!!

Ha, me too. I am about 20 minutes away from campus. One of the contributing factors to me accepting this program over any other was the proximity to my family. Good luck on the interview! Don't sweat it you'll do fine. They do a good job of making people comfortable.

Ha, me too. I am about 20 minutes away from campus. One of the contributing factors to me accepting this program over any other was the proximity to my family. Good luck on the interview! Don't sweat it you'll do fine. They do a good job of making people comfortable.
it's my first interview and idk if the group interview will make it harder or easier than any other regular interview:idea::idea::idea:, oh well, we have to go through this anyways, good luck to you too! which college do u go to right now???

THANK YOU!

As far as my experience last year, they asked us 1 question about experience: a difficult situation that you had to deal with and what was the outcome.

No need to worry because the faculty are really nice and you will have the feeling that you tell them story about you so that they can picture who you are. They don't specifically ask about your volunteer/ gpa but at some points in your answer, you will mention it.

GPA, supplemental application, and interview are all taken into consideration whether you will be accepted. So try your best and good luck!

@ chicagopharma: i looked at the weather forecast for chicago today and it's like 10 degrees?!?! :scared: i think 50 degree weather is already freezing!

@ abpham10: thanks for the tip.

so when the admissions committee gather for the aftermath, do they only discuss our interview as the main factor for acceptance? or do they go thru EVERYTHING again (PS, pcat, grades, experience, interview, etc)? i think that they'd only discuss the interviews, seeing that everything else has already been previous and thoroughly reviewed prior to offering us an interview.. can anybody verify? thanks

Everyone check your matriculation/payment page!!! It looks like they made a round of decisions and I was accepted, there's a whole letter on the webpage and everything! No email as of yet but I'm pretty certain this counts as acceptance.

Everyone check your matriculation/payment page!!! It looks like they made a round of decisions and I was accepted, there's a whole letter on the webpage and everything! No email as of yet but I'm pretty certain this counts as acceptance.

When did you interview? It has been exactly a week for me and I have just checked my portal and nothing changed yet. :confused:

@ chicagopharma: i looked at the weather forecast for chicago today and it's like 10 degrees?!?! :scared: i think 50 degree weather is already freezing!

LOL you should be prepared for the ridiculous in Chicago area. It has been super freezing couple days ago (below 8 sumtin), but it's getting warmer next week (like around 30s).

Good luck with the interview! It's a nervous-free interview though, review the interview feedback on this forum and you will be 100% fine. ;)

If i remember correctly i interviewed about jan 9th. give or take

I was placed on the alternate list late January (I interviewed on 1-5) and have been waiting since then. I called Admissions today and was told that my application is still active; however, I couldn't get a direct answer that it was still being reviewed along with other applicants.

I was wondering if there are some of you out there who were originally placed on alternate and then later accepted. If so, how long was the waiting process? I know there's no exact time to get off the waitlist and scores differ, but I'd appreciate the time line.

I was placed on the alternate list late January (I interviewed on 1-5) and have been waiting since then. I called Admissions today and was told that my application is still active; however, I couldn't get a direct answer that it was still being reviewed along with other applicants.
what are your stats?? and how did ur interview go, mine is next month

Has anyone who interviewed late January heard anything? I know its a little early but I was just wondering :)

Does anyone know about how many seats have been taken/still available? I have an interview on Apr 8th (so late!! :confused: ) but I don't know if it would be worth it to go....I don't want to interview for a waitlist spot.

What are the stats of people they generally accept?

Any advice for the interview or travel? Anything would be great! :)

I interviewed 02/04 (Fri) and was placed on the alternate list 02/10. Checked my mail today and I had received a letter from MWU. I didn't open it until I got home and my heart was beating like crazy! I WAS SO BUMMED :( I know they pull out students from the pool even a week before orientation but I don't think I can wait that long :( I'm gonna go eat some Ben&Jerry's now:scared: