Midwestern CCP, IL c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Interesting. Well, I was able to schedule my interview literally a day or two after I submitted by supplemental.

Thanks for replying, I guess I will just have to wait, and hope for good news soon. But, the anticipation is making me crazy.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for replying, I guess I will just have to wait, and hope for good news soon. But, the anticipation is making me crazy.
no don't worry, my friend submitted her application a month before mine, i went to the interview and got accepted and she just got her interview invitation couple of days ago. so ur fine!

no don't worry, my friend submitted her application a month before mine, i went to the interview and got accepted and she just got her interview invitation couple of days ago. so ur fine!

Thank you for sharing this with me, appreciate it!

Members don't see this ad :)
hi guys i just got accepted to midwestern chicago and they told me to pay $1000 deposit? is it really $1000? i remember the lady at the interview saying tht it was about $750... so does anyone know the correct deposit amount...thnxs

hi guys i just got accepted to midwestern chicago and they told me to pay $1000 deposit? is it really $1000? i remember the lady at the interview saying tht it was about $750... so does anyone know the correct deposit amount...thnxs
1000 for sure

Declined my seat so hopefully someone else gets it. Good luck!

Anyone interviewing in April? If so, how long ago did u hear back?

to all those accepted...

anyone complete the illinois state pharm. tech license? it's the website we had to visit at the bottom of our acceptance letters. we had to mail in a check, completed forms, high school diploma, and proof of pharm. school acceptance. i just got a letter from the department of regulation stating that i did provide evidence of being accepted. anyone else have the same problem??

Members don't see this ad :)
to all those accepted...

anyone complete the illinois state pharm. tech license? it's the website we had to visit at the bottom of our acceptance letters. we had to mail in a check, completed forms, high school diploma, and proof of pharm. school acceptance. i just got a letter from the department of regulation stating that i did provide evidence of being accepted. anyone else have the same problem??

Send them a copy of your acceptance letter.

Did you check the box for "pharmacy technician" or "certified pharmacy technician"?

yea im not sure which one the school wants us to apply as. I have taken the PTCB so do i apply as certified? or does the school just want us to apply as pharm tech

we're suppose to check off "pharm. tech" I verified with midwestern!

Can any current students tell me what the schedule is like for classes for the first year?

How many hours a week are we actually in class or lab?

Hey everyone! I got accepted to Midwestern, yay! I am torn between Midwestern in IL, or Mercer in Atlanta. Mercer is ranked higher and seems to develop some pretty awesome pharmacists...but Midwestern will keep me in the mid-west. Does anyone have any insight on what kind of pharmacists come out of Midwestern's program? I want to be a research pharmacist, or a hospital pharmacist specializing in oncology or HIV. Does Midwestern have connections with awesome research hospitals for rotations/residencies? So torn :(

hi guys! i am trying to accept my offer of acceptance but i cannot open the link to make a deposit or the matriculation agreement link. when i click it just says "we were unable to find your information." i have until the 8th of this month but it looks like the office is closed for the day...

did anyone else experience the same problem? :confused: thanks

Hey all, for anyone who is waiting for a seat, please know I just turned down my acceptance. I loved what I saw there during my trip, but I recently got accepted to a state school and will attend there. Good luck and I'm hoping one of the deserving folks from this thread gets it!

Can any current students tell me what the schedule is like for classes for the first year?

First year is cake. Prolly ~15 hours a quarter. Fall term you only have biochem lab (which are easy points), winter term you have compounding lab (~2-3 hrs/wk), spring term you can opt to take the the advanced compounding lab (<2-3 hours/wk). In my experience, you really don't have to go to any of the classes. Fall and winter quarter are an extension of undergrad (you're taking physio and biochem). Third quarter is kind of important just because you take an intro to pk course that sets the groundwork for the actual PK course you take during third year. You also take an evidence based med class during the spring (probably the most important/relevant class you take your first year). All in all, you can go out every weekend during your first year and still do well. Second and third years, not so much. Good luck!

Hey all, for anyone who is waiting for a seat, please know I just turned down my acceptance. I loved what I saw there during my trip, but I recently got accepted to a state school and will attend there. Good luck and I'm hoping one of the deserving folks from this thread gets it!

Same here...I just declined too since I have been accepted somewhere closer to home. Congrats to all those accepted and good luck to everyone still waiting!

18.5 quarter hours in fall, 18 in winter, around 16 in spring depending on the elective(s) you take. Fall is not bad, winter is a bit draining and spring just depends on what you plan to do. It's all about balancing your time. It's not that bad.

first quarter you have biochem (4 hours a week), physio (5 hours a week), pharm calc (3 hours a week), portfolio (only a few classes for the quarter), IPPE (3 hours per week), healthcare systems (4 hours a week) and maybe something else. I forget. winter is biochem II (5 hours/wk), physio II (5 hours/wk), pharmaceutics (3 hrs/week), compounding lab (3 hrs/week), immunology (4 hours a week split into 2 days), IPPE rotation (8 hours in one day/wk), and healthcare comm (1 hr a week), spring is pharmceutics II (1.5 hours per week) and III (4 hours a week), infectious diseases (4-5 hrs/week), evidence based practice (4 hours per week), IPPE varies, plus 1 to 2 electives.

You can see the current block schedule on-line on the school website.

Last edited:
Hello!! I interviewed in the middle of February and received a letter on the last week of march saying that I was on the alternate list.......I have recently sent them a letter keeping them updated as to what I was doing....Is anyone else still anxiously waiting?? Are we notified by phone and asked if we are still interested or sent an e-mail?? This is my number 1 choice, and I don't want to lose hope! Thanks!

I interviewed on March 18th, and still waiting to hear back. Anybody on the same boat as me?

it's like the admissions committee read my SDN post because i just received my letter of acceptance today!!! :love::love::love::love:

Hey everyone. I interviewed on April 8th (not even 5 days ago), and I got an e-mail from the CCP Admissions Committee.

"The Chicago College of Pharmacy's Admission Committee has met and a decision has been made on your application."

HOLY CRAP. I was seriously shaking when I was checking my portal...

I GOT ACCEPTED! :D

If you're wondering, my stats are insanely bad. Like, REALLY bad. Even *I* wouldn't accept me. I felt like I did really well at the interview, both the verbal and written part, so I guess they actually do pay attention to your interview, even if it is a group one.

If you're still waiting, hang in there! I definitely feel for you guys. See you guys in August! :D

If we are placed on the alternate list, will we be notified by e-mail or phone if we get accepted?? Also, does anyone know if many people from the alternate list get accepted?? I know this differs from class to class, but I was just wondering. I sent a deposit elsewhere but would really love to go to Midwestern if pulled from the alternate list. I am giving it until the beginning of August!!!!

If we are placed on the alternate list, will we be notified by e-mail or phone if we get accepted?? Also, does anyone know if many people from the alternate list get accepted?? I know this differs from class to class, but I was just wondering. I sent a deposit elsewhere but would really love to go to Midwestern if pulled from the alternate list. I am giving it until the beginning of August!!!!

I GOT IN!! I was on the alternate list...was sent an email today telling me to check my portal and there it was!!!!!!

Congrats everyone on your acceptances!

Does anyone know of the best places to live somewhat close to campus? I need a two bedroom and would rather rent a house or condo but am still considering an apartment.

Hello everyone! I just got accepted Wednesday morning and am beyond excited! Congrats to everyone and look forward to being classmates! :D

I've been accepted, and attending Rosalind Franklin college of Pharmacy c/o 2015

I hope so too I interviewed February 16th and got placed on the alternate list early march.....I'm waiting every single day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how the public transportation system is like in downers grove.

From what I have heard people have found out from their portals and then their emails. I remember from the interview that if you were placed on the watlist then you should contact the school that Midwestern is your number one choice because that may change your ranking for some reason. Even if Midwestern isn't your number one choice you should still should email them saying it is just to make sure that you have done everything you could to get in.

Hi everyone,

I was wondering how the public transportation system is like in downers grove.

I heard the bus system there isn't very reliable. I was looking into taking the metra to downers grove, and then catching a bus to the university, but a lot of people advised me against that.

I heard the bus system there isn't very reliable. I was looking into taking the metra to downers grove, and then catching a bus to the university, but a lot of people advised me against that.

I had no idea there was a bus that even went there. Everyone pretty much drives...

I see so many acceptances!! I have heard NOTHING yet!!!!!!! :( If someone is on the waitlist, please let me know if you are on the same boat!!!!!!!! :(

PharmDream 16, don't worry I'm on the same boat as you. I interviewed March 9, got put on the alternative list March 21 and now patiently waiting. A lot of people do get pulled off the list. Just think positive!