Midwestern CCP, IL c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you think they would also be making decision for dec 1st people?

Members don't see this ad.

I just called and I was told by one of the admissions staff members that they are meeting today (Friday) to make their decisions. Good luck everyone!

MN4Pharm said:
Do you think they would also be making decision for dec 1st people?

I interviewed on December 1, I just checked my MWUnet and the accepted student checklist came up.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got in too!!!!! I am so excited!

If I didn't get an accepted checklist today... Does that mean I'm not in?:scared:

interview coming up next week jan 5th... am so nervous as the clock ticks.. :scared:

My accepted student checklist did not come up either and I had almost accepted that I was rejected. But then I just emailed the admissions office to ask if I was rejected or placed on alternate list. They replied me saying that the committee did not have chance to go through everyone last time, they will be meeting again after Jan 1st, so I should hear something from them in the early January.
Is anyone else in this situation?

My accepted student checklist did not come up either and I had almost accepted that I was rejected. But then I just emailed the admissions office to ask if I was rejected or placed on alternate list. They replied me saying that the committee did not have chance to go through everyone last time, they will be meeting again after Jan 1st, so I should hear something from them in the early January.
Is anyone else in this situation?

Yep me.

how'd your interview go? is anyone else interviewing on the 12th?

The interview was really lay back and just like normal conversation. The idea of group interview seems overwhelming and stressful but i bet that was not my experience today. Make sure you go over the interview feedbacks on this site. Good Luck

The cost of attendance is really shocking.. i almost felt like withdrawing my application on the spot..lol

The interview was really lay back and just like normal conversation. The idea of group interview seems overwhelming and stressful but i bet that was not my experience today. Make sure you go over the interview feedbacks on this site. Good Luck

The cost of attendance is really shocking.. i almost felt like withdrawing my application on the spot..lol

How much? :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
~$57000/year offcampus
~$53000/year oncampus

:(
if anyone going to the interview on the 12th wants to split a room with me for $25 at the comfort inn, send me a PM (there's 2 double beds in the room so each of us would have our own bed)

~$57000/year offcampus
~$53000/year oncampus

I think the mandatory tuition amount is 36,000 from my friend (not sure if health insurance is mandatory or you can substitute with your own).
You can add accordingly for room and board, personal expenses, and transportation.

I think the mandatory tuition amount is 36,000 from my friend (not sure if health insurance is mandatory or you can substitute with your own).
You can add accordingly for room and board, personal expenses, and transportation.

Tuition $31,327
Student Services Fee $495
Disability Insurance $61
Technology Fee $1,500 (sorry, I didn't have this....)
TOTAL MANDITORY TUITION: $33,383

Health Insurance IS manditory, but my recommendation is to get your own independently & waive out of the MWU plan. The MWU Aetna plan is VERY expensive and not worth it if you are generally healthy. I have a HumanaOne plan that I pay ~$100/month and my annual physicals & flu shots (which are covered at no cost) and generic drugs at $15 copay- which is all I really need it for... Even better, stay on your parents plan if you can...

I didn't take any extra money out the first 2 years and took ~$12,000 out the last 2 years because I purchased a new car. It is definitely do-able if you have a part-time job during school. I live off-campus and pay rent and I don't struggle with my income at all.

If you have any other questions, PM me. I am a 4th year student getting ready to graduate in March :):):)

hi guys...i m new on here...i just submitted my supplemental app today online for chicago midwetern..so could anyone tell me how long do i have to wait until i hear something back from them (possibly interview)...and also do u guys think tht with the following stat..i have at least a chance for the interview stage..any help is appreciated...thnxs

GPA: 3.35
PCAT: 53 (88chem; 80bio; 53verbal; 34math; 11rc)

hi guys...i m new on here...i just submitted my supplemental app today online for chicago midwetern..so could anyone tell me how long do i have to wait until i hear something back from them (possibly interview)...and also do u guys think tht with the following stat..i have at least a chance for the interview stage..any help is appreciated...thnxs

GPA: 3.35
PCAT: 53 (88chem; 80bio; 53verbal; 34math; 11rc)
I submitted my supplemental on January 1st and got an interview invite on January 4th...my stats are about the same. Good luck!

Has anyone heard when the admissions committee will be meeting next? I recently interviewed at MWU CCP. I know it hasn't been long but I have heard back from other schools, and only have a limited amount of time to reply to them.

Has anyone heard when the admissions committee will be meeting next? I recently interviewed at MWU CCP. I know it hasn't been long but I have heard back from other schools, and only have a limited amount of time to reply to them.

When did u interviewed? i interviewed on jan5. they said at the end of the month we'll hear back

When did u interviewed? i interviewed on jan5. they said at the end of the month we'll hear back

I interviewed on the 12th. It is like they read my mind because I got accepted today. I honestly didn't think it would be that fast, but I figured I would check to see if anyone knew when I may hear back. At the interview on the 12th they told us it would be 4-8 weeks, but after reading some posts I figured it depended on when the committee met.

Good luck to anyone else still waiting!

Last edited:
I interviewed on the 12th. It is like they read my mind because I got accepted today. I honestly didn't think it would be that fast, but I figured I would check to see if anyone knew when I may hear back. At the interview on the 12th they told us it would be 4-8 weeks, but after reading some posts I figured it depended on when the committee met.

Good luck to anyone else still waiting!

OMG congrats!!! I checked mine but still no changes :( i'm getting scared now. Another person i know from my interview day got accepted too.

i just got an email from certiphi asking for a background check because i've been conditionally accepted to a pharmacy program, so i logged into my MWU online account and saw the accepted checklist :) funny that this is how i find out

edit: does anyone know if we are able to postpone the deposit deadline date? i am waiting on other schools and 2/14 seems really soon

Last edited:
If this helps, I interviewed on the 5th and also found out that I got accepted today

I will be interviewed on Feb. 4th. Anyone with me? :rolleyes:

Question, how long each of us have to answer the question in turn? Or if you don't know for sure, just give me your recommendation?

Thanks. [I can hear my heart beats since I got the invitation.......:scared:]

I will be interviewed on the 2nd of this month... any input from others that have already interviewed. How the day went and what to expect?

I'm just wondering if this school put anyone on wait list if you interview at the midway to the final interview? (given you have ave. pcat, ave. gpa, no degree, fairly well interview).

I'm interviewing on Feb. 3rd! I'm super nervous too :( Any tips on the interview as well?

It is not that much but Financial aid office say that the increase rate is about 5% each year. I paid $33,000/year for my 1st year off campus. The way they calculate fee is the total fee you need for attendance (tuition, books, gas, food, rent...)

However, you will not regret attending MWU CCP. Everybody is helpful and nice to you. I love the school even though the program is really tough.

For those of you who interviewed today (jan 26th), how was it?

What was the group interview like? Were the questions the same for everyone?

Last edited:
It is not that much but Financial aid office say that the increase rate is about 5% each year. I paid $33,000/year for my 1st year off campus. The way they calculate fee is the total fee you need for attendance (tuition, books, gas, food, rent...)

However, you will not regret attending MWU CCP. Everybody is helpful and nice to you. I love the school even though the program is really tough.

I came from a state school, where I was used to professors not caring about their students and it was a lot of self learning. I cam to MWU and I was completely blown away. It's nice knowing your professors are care and are easily accessible. Everyone will have different opinions. I honestly think your experience in pharmacy school is what you make of it. Go to the school you think you will be happiest. What opportunities you see depends on your initiative.

For those of you who interviewed today (jan 26th), how was it?

What was the group interview like? Were the questions the same for everyone?

I interviewed earlier (1/5) and the questions are the same for your group. However, the questions could be different for each group (there were about 6 groups). For a good idea of what questions they ask, check interview feedback.

I interviewed on 1/5 and have yet to hear back from Midwestern. I applied to both Midwesterns (waiting on possible interview for AZ) so I don't know if this affects my portal. For those accepted from 1/5, did you only apply to the Chicago school?

We were told that we should hear back by the end of this month... is there anyone out there is still waiting for an answer on their status?!

I interviewed earlier (1/5) and the questions are the same for your group. However, the questions could be different for each group (there were about 6 groups). For a good idea of what questions they ask, check interview feedback.
i interviewed 1/26..i checked the interview feedback on this site and it helped!

I interviewed on 1/5 and have yet to hear back from Midwestern. I applied to both Midwesterns (waiting on possible interview for AZ) so I don't know if this affects my portal. For those accepted from 1/5, did you only apply to the Chicago school?

We were told that we should hear back by the end of this month... is there anyone out there is still waiting for an answer on their status?!

I interviewed on 1/12 and was accepted on 1/20. I would suggest calling the office of admissions to check on your status. They were very polite, and were able to tell me right away. A few from the December group said they didn't get their acceptance right away while others did. It appears they review at random not completely based upon the day you interviewed.

Best of luck to you!

I interviewed on 01/05, my portal didn't changed either. I called the office of admissions this morning and they told me i was put on the alternate list and a snail mail is on the way. So i would encourage you to call them, they are really nice people..

Any one got an invite for interview having composite PCAT scores below the 50th percentile

Any one got an invite for interview having composite PCAT scores below the 50th percentile

Yea me. August 49, Oct 43.

I think I will be put on the alternate list after the interview though. :(

Hey Everyone,

I'm interviewing on the 4th and just wanted to know what type of questions I should be prepared to answer. Is there another thread with interview questions on here? If so, can someone send me the link? I would really appreciate it!

Thanks!

Good luck to everyone else interviewing/waiting to hear back!

How does a group interview work? I've never done one of those so I don't know what to expect. Does everyone get a chance to talk (more of a generic Q/A) or is it more of a discussion (maybe controversial issue and discussion about it)?

Hi, does anyone know when their interview dates are? It seems like people know what days/periods interviews are scheduled and I am just wondering/worried that I won't have a chance to get an interview since I submitted primaries pretty late in the game and only got my supplemental 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping to submit sometime this week...I just need to finish those essays....

Also, does anyone know if they look for really good gpa/pcat stats because I don't think mine are that great compared to everyone else:

M/S gpa: ~3.1
overall gpa: ~3.26
pcat: 84 comp

....but i have good volunteering, pharm tech experience, research lab tech, leadership, etc

How does a group interview work? I've never done one of those so I don't know what to expect. Does everyone get a chance to talk (more of a generic Q/A) or is it more of a discussion (maybe controversial issue and discussion about it)?

Everyone gets a chance to talk (everyone has to answer the question!) and I believe it's more of a generic Q/A, but some questions do require more thought. I'm not sure about the other panels' format, but mine was a free-for-all... so just jump in when you want to. Consider looking at the interview feedback to get a gist of what questions to expect.

Hi, does anyone know when their interview dates are? It seems like people know what days/periods interviews are scheduled and I am just wondering/worried that I won't have a chance to get an interview since I submitted primaries pretty late in the game and only got my supplemental 2 weeks ago. I'm hoping to submit sometime this week...I just need to finish those essays....

Also, does anyone know if they look for really good gpa/pcat stats because I don't think mine are that great compared to everyone else:

M/S gpa: ~3.1
overall gpa: ~3.26
pcat: 84 comp

....but i have good volunteering, pharm tech experience, research lab tech, leadership, etc

you'll be fine, my stats were comparable to yours with a lower pcat and i was accepted :thumbup:

you'll be fine, my stats were comparable to yours with a lower pcat and i was accepted :thumbup:

Thanks! There is still hope then! When did you interview and how soon did they let you know?
Btw, congrats on getting accepted! :)