Iowa State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Iowa doesn't send out anything until February, so it wouldn't be for Iowa. Or they misread the in review as waitlisted.

Members don't see this ad.

Iowa doesn't send out anything until February, so it wouldn't be for Iowa. Or they misread the in review as waitlisted.
This is what I thought, I hadn’t seen anyone else post about hearing anything!

Someone in a Facebook group I’m in said they were OOS waitlisted today, has anyone else heard anything?
I saw that too if it was the same person! I thought it was probably a mistake at first too but they posted screenshots and it seemed legitimate

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw that too if it was the same person! I thought it was probably a mistake at first too but they posted screenshots and it seemed legitimate
What group was it? I haven’t seen anyone else post

I thought they release everything Feb 15?? That’s weird they’d send out anything rn. I was corresponding w Kathy 2 days ago and she said they aren’t even done calculating some GPAs

Reactions: 1 user
I thought they release everything Feb 15?? That’s weird they’d send out anything rn. I was corresponding w Kathy 2 days ago and she said they aren’t even done calculating some GPAs
The guy who got the waitlist already completed all his coursework so maybe they look at those applicants first?

The guy who got the waitlist already completed all his coursework so maybe they look at those applicants first?
I have all of my coursework done too. My portal just says in review

Possibly? I have a feeling it might have been an error on their part bc they usually send out everything on the same day and nobody else has heard

I have all of my coursework done too. My portal just says in review
Same, all my coursework is done and my GPAs are populated and I'm in review.

The person never posted a pic of their portal status, just the email we get when there's a notification for a message. So honestly we won't know for sure if they're confused or not!

I wouldn't be too concerned :) We're almost to feb 15th!!

Reactions: 2 users
1st time OOS.

I've been reading up on the previous posts to try to find an answer, but I couldn't seem to find one.

Here's my concern:
I don't have the calculated GPA on my application yet.
Everything is green and submitted and my status is "in review".
According to what I've read from others, it looks like some of you have had "in academic review" and "in committee review". I believe mine used to say "in academic review", but I can't remember now and it's worrying me a bit.
Any advice/opinions on this? I haven't received a rejection letter. The last letter I got was the deadline reminder...
Hello, Have you emailed them for clarification? Mine is similar.

Hello, Have you emailed them for clarification? Mine is similar.
Mine is also similar. I messaged with Donna earlier this week because I had to send transcripts and verify whether a pre req was satisfied and she said she would enter my info in end of January.

Mine still says gpa before this semester and still says in review.

So I think it just takes time as others have said because they do things manually. It also means that there is a human looking over our applications and they are being thoughtful and methodical with the data entry.

I appreciate that and appreciate knowing a date when decisions will be given.

Members don't see this ad :)
So should there be worry if your application is “in review” as opposed to “in committee review”?

Mine is also similar. I messaged with Donna earlier this week because I had to send transcripts and verify whether a pre req was satisfied and she said she would enter my info in end of January.

Mine still says gpa before this semester and still says in review.

So I think it just takes time as others have said because they do things manually. It also means that there is a human looking over our applications and they are being thoughtful and methodical with the data entry.

I appreciate that and appreciate knowing a date when decisions will be given.
I haven't reach out yet, but I was going to. According to my page under "Materials Received/Needed" - "None Needed, no further coursework expected"

Everything else seems to be received and in review. I don't have the "GPA" section at all which is why I was confused. I just have:
- Application Status Info
- Admissions Staff Messages
- Materials Recieved/Needed
- Supplemental Application
- Signature
- Resources

Thank you for responding though! I think I will give it another week or two (after I get back from vacation) and then I will reach out!

Reactions: 1 users
So should there be worry if your application is “in review” as opposed to “in committee review”?
That's kind of what I was wondering too! Mine is just "in review" and others had "in committee review" so I wasn't sure what was going on with mine...

That's kind of what I was wondering too! Mine is just "in review" and others had "in committee review" so I wasn't sure what was going on with mine...

As far as I’ve seen everyone has the “in review” wording this cycle and I’m fairly certain that it means the same thing as committee review. I wouldn’t sweat it but I’m sure they wouldn’t mind clarifying via portal message either

As far as I’ve seen everyone has the “in review” wording this cycle and I’m fairly certain that it means the same thing as committee review. I wouldn’t sweat it but I’m sure they wouldn’t mind clarifying via portal message either
same thoughts, I was gonna add: I’m not sure if anyone has in committee review this cycle, it was something in the past cycles but this cycle it seems to only be in review. Even so I don’t think there’s any difference between in review and in committee review.

Hi everyone!!! I’m a first year at Iowa State. Wishing everyone the best of luck - I know the wait is hard- but it will be here before you know it. Feel free to message me with any questions. Also- keep in mind with the portal- these are updated manually- so the process does take time. If you have concerns - send a message through the portal- I have found that they are super responsive. Good Luck

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
OOS rejected
Sorry to hear that 😕 Was it today? Interesting that they’re releasing certain decisions before 2/15 this year— did you get an email or did it just update on the portal?

Sorry to hear that 😕 Was it today? Interesting that they’re releasing certain decisions before 2/15 this year— did you get an email or did it just update on the portal?
I was thinking the same?! Are they doing applicants that already had all courses complete? As opposed to those who have to send fall transcripts?

I was thinking the same?! Are they doing applicants that already had all courses complete? As opposed to those who have to send fall transcripts?
I know last year they did send out some early rejections for those that didn’t meet the science GPA cutoff, but with that person on Facebook already hearing about their waitlist status it has me curious!

I know last year they did send out some early rejections for those that didn’t meet the science GPA cutoff, but with that person on Facebook already hearing about their waitlist status it has me curious!
I feel terrible for those that get rejections but that would be a good sign for those of us that met the requirements.

I’ve had all my prereqs done since 2020 and haven’t heard anything yet but now I’m nervous 🫥

I’ve had all my prereqs done since 2020 and haven’t heard anything yet but now I’m nervous 🫥
same...pre-reqs/all courses in, my GPAs are populated and in review :oops: i am not mentally prepared if we suddenly might hear earlier....

same...pre-reqs/all courses in, my GPAs are populated and in review :oops: i am not mentally prepared if we suddenly might hear earlier....
Right like this would be my 9th rejection in a month, I’m not ready 😬 2/15 still felt so comfortably far away

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
OOS Rejected... still needed to send my Fall Transcripts showing about 2 prerequisites. Seems like they rejected me without getting those.

To those rejected, did you guys get an email? Or was it on the portal

To those rejected, did you guys get an email? Or was it on the portal
Fairly certain you get an email about an update on your portal and then once you login to your portal it will say whether you were waitlisted or rejected. That's how it was last cycle and that was how it played out for the dude on Facebook who was waitlisted

Do we know if it seems like all of the rejections have been for early academic reasons so far (prereqs, previously mentioned cutoffs, etc)? Or were some people rejected after they’d already passed the academic review stage? I’m curious if these denials are pre or post file review and/or if the GPA cutoff was changed

I’m hearing the rejections are coming out for not meeting the sGPA of 2.8 ? Idk why they’d be sending waitlists already though because that doesn’t seem to give equal weight to the applications of those that took prerequisites this past semester and needed to send in grades…

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how we submit our fall transcripts? Do we just send it to their admissions office through official online delivery sources or do they send us an email requesting it?

Does anyone know how we submit our fall transcripts? Do we just send it to their admissions office through official online delivery sources or do they send us an email requesting it?
They sent out an email with an email address to send to. If you use parchment then you have to manually enter Iowa State University School of Veterinary Medicine and the email they provided.

For those of you who have your GPA posted on the portal, would you mind sharing it? Mine still has not been posted and still says "in review"

For those of you who have your GPA posted on the portal, would you mind sharing it? Mine still has not been posted and still says "in review"
Mine is still in review :(. Sent my transcript, and it was received, but no change.

Mine is still in review :(. Sent my transcript, and it was received, but no change.
I sent my transcript earlier this week, Donna said they would enter it at the end of January and she confirmed it had been received. my portal still says "in review." I think because everything is done manually, it does take some time. perhaps they were waiting for fall grades to assess some files who were close to the cut off?

I sent my transcript earlier this week, Donna said they would enter it at the end of January and she confirmed it had been received. my portal still says "in review." I think because everything is done manually, it does take some time. perhaps they were waiting for fall grades to assess some files who were close to the cut off?
I don’t think thats it, Iowa state will use fall grades to determine final decisions, but the website says that fall grades will not be used to determine the initial cutoff- meaning the gpa at the time of application is used to determine if you meet the 2.8 cutoff or not. They do enter everything manually so naturally it will take time. I submitted by app in August and my GPAs were populated by November, I don’t have any outstanding coursework

I don’t think thats it, Iowa state will use fall grades to determine final decisions, but the website says that fall grades will not be used to determine the initial cutoff- meaning the gpa at the time of application is used to determine if you meet the 2.8 cutoff or not. They do enter everything manually so naturally it will take time. I submitted by app in August and my GPAs were populated by November, I don’t have any outstanding coursework
I had a bunch of pre - reqs outstanding for fall. I know I met the cut off prior; my GPA is populated but not yet updated. I am surprised by this as I thought all decisions were posted on the same day, as I am sure is the sentiment for others here!

thank you for the info from the website, that makes sense.

They sent out an email with an email address to send to. If you use parchment then you have to manually enter Iowa State University School of Veterinary Medicine and the email they provided.
I can't find this email? When was it sent out?

1st time OOS.

I've been reading up on the previous posts to try to find an answer, but I couldn't seem to find one.

Here's my concern:
I don't have the calculated GPA on my application yet.
Everything is green and submitted and my status is "in review".
According to what I've read from others, it looks like some of you have had "in academic review" and "in committee review". I believe mine used to say "in academic review", but I can't remember now and it's worrying me a bit.
Any advice/opinions on this? I haven't received a rejection letter. The last letter I got was the deadline reminder...
In terms of your gpa, I'm in the same boat and didn't have mine calculated on my page yet. I reached out via the message portal and they said that some just hadn't been done yet and that they should be done in the next few weeks! Mine also recently changed from in academic review to in review, still no gpa yet.

My GPAs finally populated but my required science is so much lower than I thought it would be :/// only 2 schools left to hear from feeling quite defeated

Mine populated as well, I thought my science would be high too but I passed the cut off! Fingers crossed!

My GPAs finally populated but my required science is so much lower than I thought it would be :/// only 2 schools left to hear from feeling quite defeated
The GPA is different than what is on VMCAS. It’s only their science prereqs not every science you’ve taken so it’s a lot less classes to help boost the GPA

Does anyone know if you're supposed to get something (email, update on status page, etc) once they receive your Fall 2023 transcripts? I sent mine and my school said they sent it but not getting an email from Iowa State or seeing it in the "materials received" section of the status page has me gas lighting myself that Iowa State hasn't gotten it :(

Does anyone know if you're supposed to get something (email, update on status page, etc) once they receive your Fall 2023 transcripts? I sent mine and my school said they sent it but not getting an email from Iowa State or seeing it in the "materials received" section of the status page has me gas lighting myself that Iowa State hasn't gotten it :(
On my portal it said it was received