Michigan State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
do we get our waitlist number on april 15th? i just saw someone on Facebook got off the waitlist
I'm not sure if we will get them on or after the 15th but the survey of your intent to stay or be taken off the waitlist is due by then. I didn't know they were already pulling people from the waitlist but hearing that makes me nervous to hear my place honestly LOL

Members don't see this ad.

Just declined my OOS seat! Hoping someone hears good news off the waitlst

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I was curious
Do you guys think it would be crazy to get a puppy during vet school? I keep hearing people around me to not do it but they are not in school. I feel I could really benefit from having a companion physically and emotionally! Thanks!

Hi! I was curious
Do you guys think it would be crazy to get a puppy during vet school? I keep hearing people around me to not do it but they are not in school. I feel I could really benefit from having a companion physically and emotionally! Thanks!
I would suggest a kitten or older dog/cat because puppies are just so much work. Kittens are a little more independent.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! I was curious
Hi there, I got a puppy this past January at the beginning of second semester. While it is possible to care for a puppy, stay involved with my leadership roles, and maintain grades… it’s been tough.
I absolutely adore my little guy, but I definitely felt that I had to sacrifice time to train him to study and his progress has been a lot slower than I’d have liked.
I think it also depends on what kind of puppy you get. I have a puppy with lots of energy and a high drive, so that comes with extra work lol 😅
Ultimately if you want a puppy and feel like it would benefit you, get a puppy. Just recognize that it may be challenging at times.
I’d recommend waiting until you get a few months into school so you get a sense of how it’s going to be before you add a puppy into the mix! You can make anything work if you really want to!
Hope that helps, let me know if there is anything else I can answer for you.

I just got my email for OOS waitlist position. Im in top 25 i cant tell if thats good or not😭

• Care
Good luck to everyone on the waitlist!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to ask for some opinions. Do you guys think the waitlist this year won't move like last year's, or will it be more like a typical oos waitlist? I've been looking at past threads and Facebook posts like a crazy person all day today.

Oos ranked #34 on the waitlist. Good luck everyone! I think it should move like a typical waitlist just because last year was pretty unusual. Anyway fingers crossed!

Oos ranked #34 on the waitlist. Good luck everyone! I think it should move like a typical waitlist just because last year was pretty unusual. Anyway fingers crossed!
yess!! hope we can get in! idk why but i keep feeling like i am the very last one on the waitlist😂😅

How long is the waitlist?
Idk but I haven't seen a lower ranking than mine yet (39). I guess I am at the very bottom since most people made decisions yesterday, and offers were made today for the spots

Idk but I haven't seen a lower ranking than mine yet (39). I guess I am at the very bottom since most people made decisions yesterday, and offers were made today for the spots
Well then this cycle is totally different than previous ones because they usually have 100ish people on the waitlist...

Well then this cycle is totally different than previous ones because they usually have 100ish people on the waitlist...
I really don’t want this year to be like last year, but last year and this year, they released ranking after decision day😭😭 do you mind if i ask ur #?

I really don’t want this year to be like last year, but last year and this year, they released ranking after decision day😭😭 do you mind if i ask ur #?
I'm #37. Last year was different because someone even received interview invites in May. I guess they reserved some seats for those applicants so didn't get to the waitlist.

I would stay hopeful just because I feel like not a ton of applications use SDN and probably not everyone respond to the thread so the could be bunch more people out there that’s on the waitlist

Does anyone know if they automatically update you if the waitlist moves or do you have to call/email them?

Does anyone know if they automatically update you if the waitlist moves or do you have to call/email them?
Seems like people called/emailed for updates in previous years. I am going to wait till May and ask for an update.

I want to ask for some opinions. Do you guys think the waitlist this year won't move like last year's, or will it be more like a typical oos waitlist? I've been looking at past threads and Facebook posts like a crazy person all day today.
I been thinking it might be more accurate to predict how much the waitlist moved by their official class profile post on cvm website. Subtracting the number of offers extended by number of student admitted. For last year it was 40 and the year before last year was 90

I just got the email that I am number 1 on the wait-list. 😬 The nerves are killing me.

We currently have 7 spots that have been offered to waitlisted applicants. If any of these applicants decline the offer, we will offer the spot to the next person on the list and then update the waitlist. We will then send the update with updated waitlist number to the remaining waitlisted applicants.

i got the reply from the admissions office. now I can stop looking at past threads😂

We currently have 7 spots that have been offered to waitlisted applicants. If any of these applicants decline the offer, we will offer the spot to the next person on the list and then update the waitlist. We will then send the update with updated waitlist number to the remaining waitlisted applicants.

i got the reply from the admissions office. now I can stop looking at past threads

7 spots for IS & OOS or in total?

Morning y'all! I have just rescinded my offer to MSU because I got called off my in-state school's waitlist. I hope one of y'all can enjoy the spot I will leave.

Reactions: 2 users
Morning y'all! I have just rescinded my offer to MSU because I got called off my in-state school's waitlist. I hope one of y'all can enjoy the spot I will leave.
Congratulations!!!!!! Im also on my IS waitlist sitting at #3. Im hoping to get called off either waitlist

• Care

i got the reply from the admissions office. now I can stop looking at past threads😂
Does this means there were only seven spots left for the class to be filled? I been feeling increasingly stressed as I wait longer…

Does this means there were only seven spots left for the class to be filled? I been feeling increasingly stressed as I wait longer…
Yes, and those were already offered to waitlisted applicants even before we received our number on the waitlist.