Iowa State C/O 2028

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anybody else still not have a rank?
I haven’t gotten one either. It concerns me that they maybe going in numerical order. If so, it’s not good news. 😞

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
I just saw mine (115) but I’m not sure when it updated, since just now was the first chance I’ve had to check today.

Anyone know if they increased the overall class size? Just curious bc I noticed last year the waitlist was in the 230s and this year it’s 268. Did not know if maybe they had allotted more oos seats

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine updated recently, 149. I will be removing my name from the list as I have accepted my offer elsewhere already! Best of luck to everyone.

Reactions: 2 users
oh wow 214/268. time to get a masters.

• Care
Reactions: 3 users
I got my rank! In the low 80s!!!

I got my rank! In the low 80s!!!
Congrats! Do you know if yours just populated today? Just trying to figure out if they are in order lol

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else still not have a rank up? I can’t imagine it means anything great but just wanna know at this point, I’ve been rapid refreshing for like two days straight 🤡

Last edited:
  • Care
Anyone else still not have a rank up? I can’t imagine it means anything great but I just wanna know at this point, I’ve been rapid refreshing for like two days straight 🤡
Hi it’s me again, current first year. I’m just so excited for you guys but I know it’s a very stressful time. Honestly actual school so far is not nearly as bad as the application process. Anyway last year things were released in a seemingly random order. We tried comparing last name alphabetical order, tried comparing what numbers heard when. We didn’t find a pattern. I was in the teens and heard my number pretty late. So don’t think it’s necessarily a bad sign. I got in by early April.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am crying I am so happy. I am 64! Last year I was 152/236 and they got to upper 140s. Now I wait for my moment!!

Reactions: 5 users
For those of you at the top of the waitlist- when they start pulling people off, will you post something! Just want to be aware of when it begins, though I know at preview day they said it could not be until late April.

For those of you at the top of the waitlist- when they start pulling people off, will you post something! Just want to be aware of when it begins, though I know at preview day they said it could not be until late April.
Did they say it wouldn’t be starting until late April this year? In previous years it’s started as soon as April 5th.

Did they say it wouldn’t be starting until late April this year? In previous years it’s started as soon as April 5th.
They said April 22 at preview day, but if they have enough people withdraw offers they will start sooner. The sooner the better!

Still don’t have anything posted, do y’all think it would be too soon to message them tomorrow about it?

Still don’t have anything posted, do y’all think it would be too soon to message them tomorrow about it?
I'm sure you will hear by tomorrow. With March 31 being Easter Sunday, it's not surprising that nothing happened today. Sounds like ranks came out over a few days last year too.

I’m so torn! I ranked 1/14 for the in state alternate list. I’ve been accepted to another school too and don’t want to risk losing that position. Should I pay the deposit for the other school because I know in state alternates barely move. The other school is my #2 pick and Iowa being the first because of cost/curriculum. In grand scheme of things 1k isn’t too bad when we’re taking on 100-200k debt.

I’m so torn! I ranked 1/14 for the in state alternate list. I’ve been accepted to another school too and don’t want to risk losing that position. Should I pay the deposit for the other school because I know in state alternates barely move. The other school is my #2 pick and Iowa being the first because of cost/curriculum. In grand scheme of things 1k isn’t too bad when we’re taking on 100-200k debt.
I’d put the deposit down if it was me just to make sure I had that spot secure

I’d put the deposit down if it was me just to make sure I had that spot secure
Agreed! 1K versus making sure you 100% have somewhere to go but also the very good possibility you might get called off your instate waitlist and save tons in tuition, I would do it if it were me! :)

They said April 22 at preview day, but if they have enough people withdraw offers they will start sooner. The sooner the better!
Oh dang that’s weird I feel like SO many people in this forum said they’d be declining their seats

At preview day, as of 3/22, 25 people had declined offers, 32 had accepted offers, and 104 hadn’t responded yet.

IMG_3968.jpg

Aw thank you so much everyone!! I’m still in shock honestly, I really did not expect this at all 😭

Last edited:
  • Care
  • Love
Reactions: 14 users
Absolutely put the deposit down AND stay on the list. Imagine how awful that would be if you didn’t get off the list and didn’t accept elsewhere. It’s rare for people to not accept their spot if they are in state but people have to drop off for all sorts of reasons. $1k is negligible compared to what you’re about to take on in debt lol

Now that everyone has their rank and will start hearing of acceptance soon, message me if you’re looking for a place to live! Especially if you’ll be here this weekend

If anyone declines their seat here please let us know :)) good luck the next few weeks everyone 🤞🏼🤞🏼

I’ve been checking since Fri for you, so happy for you!!!!!
Thank you!! Y’all are the sweetest omg

Still deciding whether I’d go for LMU or ISU if they end up offering me a seat as well but I’ll post here when I get pulled!

Reactions: 2 users
Officially declined my seat for admission (OOS)! :) Hoping they'll start moving the waitlist for you all soon!

• Care

Still deciding whether I’d go for LMU or ISU if they end up offering me a seat as well but I’ll post here when I get pulled!
would you be willing to message me? i’m comparing between LMU and ISU too and would love to bounce ideas off one another!

Have you looked at SDN forum:

Help Me Decide: Vet School X vs Y​

There is some really good info there. Some is older info so look at the dates. It helped a lot to find info on LMU, LIU, and Michigan State.

would you be willing to message me? i’m comparing between LMU and ISU too and would love to bounce ideas off one another!
Yeah of course, messaging now!

Have you looked at SDN forum:

Help Me Decide: Vet School X vs Y​

There is some really good info there. Some is older info so look at the dates. It helped a lot to find info on LMU, LIU, and Michigan State.
I have but should probably dig deeper! I saw the recent LMU vs ISU thread which is super helpful info but everyone’s individual reasoning is so personal that I’ll probably end up making a post if I’m pulled since there’s some specific things I’d like more info on