Board Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hybrocure

There will come a payday
Reaction score
You’re at a bar. You meet an attractive woman (or man). They ask you what you do. How do you answer?

A) Foot and Ankle Surgeon

B) Podiatrist

C) Foot Doctor

D) Fellowship Trained Foot and Ankle Surgeon

Members don't see this ad.

I am a podiatrist and not ashamed, the answer is B

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
(a) I drive that diabetic shoe van in the parking lot. Its very spacious in the back. Plastozote mattress. Hint.

(b) I'm the CEO of a podiatry clinic called "The Associate Mill".

(c) Enough about me. You are very attractive. You have to tell me if you're a cop. Are you a cop!?

(d) I'm the Bunion King of the Midwest.

(e) I'm an orthopedic foot and ankle surgeon. I went to a podiatric medical school.

(f) I used to be a podiatrist but now I'm a pathologist. Would you care for some cocaine?

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
B

Norps don't care about our self aggrandizing.

Also, if you're trying to pick someone up using podiatry (which I wouldn't recommend) it might make you come across as more down-to-earth if you deemphasize surgery, but then again this isn't the Student Doctor Dating Network so just my $0.02

• Haha
You’re at a bar. You meet an attractive woman (or man). They ask you what you do. How do you answer?

A) Foot and Ankle Surgeon

B) Podiatrist

C) Foot Doctor

D) Fellowship Trained Foot and Ankle Surgeon
Angry Gordon Ramsay GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Gonna use this twice today, I guess.

• Haha
You guys are the best

Reactions: 1 user
Totally B and add something brief like you enjoy your job and make a big difference in people's life and switch the subject. If they go down the feet are gross path say that was not nice I think you owe me a drink now.

If you really want to impress them though do not do the above and show them your 3am toe amp pictures.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
C - foot doctor. It has the word "doctor" in it which I feel a bit of shame every time.

Reactions: 1 users
“have you ever caught a whiff of bacterial vaginosis?”

Ah, I see that you also trim toenails in the lithotomy position.

• Haha
I use podiatrist followed by foot doctor as lot of people don't know what a podiatrist is.

Reactions: 3 users
I refer to myself in an appropriate manner. See avatar and title for further clarification.

• Haha
I refer to myself in an appropriate manner. See avatar and title for further clarification.
Me and my friend were going to place bets on whether you posted about TTR

B

Usually if they ask I say I work at X clinic and usually no one cares to ask more. Sometimes I'll say I help the nurses at the clinic.

B

Usually if they ask I say I work at X clinic and usually no one cares to ask more. Sometimes I'll say I help the nurses at the clinic.
Concur. When single, I'd always just say, "oh, I work in health care" or "I work at the hospital"... and change the subject.
That leaves some allure and lets you know their MO if they press back immediately to the occupation.

Some guys like to lead with their rank/status/title, but bragging or embellishing about what you do or wealth you have often attracts the wrong type and can be counterproductive for casual (many see "doctor = long term potential" and can change from wanting to have fun to trying to appear to be a good girl, wait 3-5 dates, all that 1950s thinking). Basically, army guys or firefighter or athlete can play up their occupation... docs and biz owners and trust fund guys and stuff would actually be wise to downplay.

I usually try to date girls who are richer/smarter/both than me (just makes things easier for ongoing/serious relationships), so since they have their own money, they don't really put too much into the "what do you do" as long a you are fun and generally have your stuff together. It really helps to have a partner who's financially competent (for long term stuff... obviously optional for hookups and flings).

Girls who want to know exactly your education and job detail in the first minute and won't proceed until they know job/status/wealth...

Jamie Foxx GIF by Kanye West

I say guys/girls on this since guys generally don't care much what the girl does. Smart ones might.
Girl met a new guy... her friends: "what does he do?"
Guy met a new girl.... his friends: "is she hot? got pics?"

Last edited:
Concur. When single, I'd always just say, "oh, I work in health care" or "I work at the hospital"... and change the subject.
That leaves some allure and lets you know their MO if they press back immediately to the occupation.

Some guys like to lead with their rank/status/title, but bragging or embellishing about what you do or wealth you have often attracts the wrong type and can be counterproductive for casual (many see "doctor = long term potential" and can change from wanting to have fun to trying to appear to be a good girl, wait 3-5 dates, all that 1950s thinking). Basically, army guys or firefighter or athlete can play up their occupation... docs and biz owners and trust fund guys and stuff would actually be wise to downplay.

I usually try to date girls who are richer/smarter/both than me (just makes things easier for ongoing/serious relationships), so since they have their own money, they don't really put too much into the "what do you do" as long a you are fun and generally have your stuff together. It really helps to have a partner who's financially competent (for long term stuff... obviously optional for hookups and flings).

Girls who want to know exactly your education and job detail in the first minute and won't proceed until they know job/status/wealth...

Jamie Foxx GIF by Kanye West

I say guys/girls on this since guys generally don't care much what the girl does. Smart ones might.
Girl met a new guy... her friends: "what does he do?"
Guy met a new girl.... his friends: "is she hot? got pics?"
It will be a real challenge to find a girl who is smarter than you, Dr. F :lol:

Foot and ankle surgeon because if they google podiatrist salary and jobs the $80,000 nursing home jobs pop up

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users