Board Certification Town Hall Link and Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I created a separate thread to post the link for the Town Hall and only questions or comments about your experience with board certification in podiatry, and what your suggested solutions are.

Time: Tonight - 7:30 to 9:30 PM Central time

The link to join virtually: Join conversation

Although this is being held at the APMA's "The National" meeting, it is not being hosted by or affiliated with APMA. This Town Hall is presented by ABPM and invites other certifying boards to participate and address DPMs in an open dialogue.

Instructions for interacting virtually:

Post Questions and Comments below and we will try to address them on the live stream.

Please be respectful.

Members don't see this ad.

• Dislike
Reactions: 5 users
I created a separate thread to post the link for the Town Hall and only questions or comments about your experience with board certification in podiatry, and what your suggested solutions are.

Time: Tonight - 7:30 to 9:30 PM Central time

The link to join virtually: Join conversation

Although this is being held at the APMA's "The National" meeting, it is not being hosted by or affiliated with APMA. This Town Hall is presented by ABPM and invites other certifying boards to participate and address DPMs in an open dialogue.

Instructions for interacting virtually:

Post Questions and Comments below and we will try to address them on the live stream.

Please be respectful.
1689367140182.gif

Members don't see this ad :)
This didn’t require yet another thread. It’s condescending to tell people to be respectful, you aren’t speaking to children.

Reactions: 2 users
This didn’t require yet another thread. It’s condescending to tell people to be respectful, you aren’t speaking to children.
Fun fact: The term for a child lobster is a cricket.

"... You arent speaking to crickets"

• Haha
"Seriously. Can you be a professional?"

Ryan Reynolds GIF
<--- GIF (not meme)

But yeah... this thread should be deleted 100%... duplicate / cross-post in the SDN TOS.

Last edited:
  • Love
Can I repost all my questions from other threads that were never answered here?

Reactions: 1 users
...This Town Hall is presented by ABPM and invites other certifying boards to participate and address DPMs in an open dialogue. ...
When is your term over with?

Were the many ABPM board members who abruptly quit earlier this year invited?

I realize the goal of Town Hall attempt being to get maybe one last hurray or ego boost of anti-ABFAS in...
Wouldn't it be more respectful of ABPM members' monies to just do an open letter or 117th email or something?

When is your term over with?

Were the many ABPM board members who abruptly quit earlier this year invited?

I realize the goal of Town Hall attempt being to get maybe one last hurray or ego boost of anti-ABFAS in...
Wouldn't it be more respectful of ABPM members' monies to just do an open letter or 117th email or something?
Feli come back, I saw you enter but you disappeared!

Feli come back, I saw you enter but you disappeared!
To the SDN or the "town hall"?
I'm not there, bro... could be someone joking around. I'm packing for a mtbiking vaca tomorrow.
I would not give them even one extra attendee/view on nonsense stuff like this.

This is a hit piece on ABFAS and a happy hour on the ABPM members' dime (members who now have no voice as their elected BOD quit a couple months ago due to endless LCR bull). The meeting will probably spend the first 15 minutes welcoming TFPs and lamenting ABFAS not attending, the next hour intermittently saying how bad and evil it is. Usual talking points: board pass rate, cost, too hard, takes time, just take a DPM's word for it that they're competent, blah etc. Tale as old as time... poor us, evil them, let's lower the bar. Bla bla.

...I do feel bad for people who never passed ABPS due to not getting a residency. That is tough. They were left in the dust (toenail dust), but hey, they can still make a good living doing office, wounds, injects. They should have passed ABPOPPM (later ABPM) and not had a last resort of the fake (unrecognized) boards. That makes us all look terrible. But, you know what, at the end of the day, I'm sure not the one who voted for all DPMs to do 3yr surgical residency (when not nearly enough surgical residencies existed) and for all DPMs to be surgical trained. It has been broken and two-tier system ever since I started in pod school. I sure don't feel sorry for people who had classmates, co-residents, etc pass ABFAS while they did not. That is a manufactured crisis from choices in school, match, studying that will hurt one's job options, income, and career overall.

But yeah... the moral of the story is work hard in pod school and get the best residency you can, work hard. Study hard and pass the pertinent tests.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Someone made an excellent point about the importance of podiatrists assuming leadership positions in hospital. Are there any initiatives to incorporate leadership training into podiatric medical education, ensuring that upcoming podiatrists possess the essential skills to thrive in leadership roles within healthcare institutions?

@diabeticfootdr

Someone made an excellent point about the importance of podiatrists assuming leadership positions in hospital. Are there any initiatives to incorporate leadership training into podiatric medical education, ensuring that upcoming podiatrists possess the essential skills to thrive in leadership roles within healthcare institutions?

@diabeticfootdr
I need this as an attending. I basically volunteer for committees. I’m on one now. I even just ran for medical staff role last year. I wish podiatry had something like American Association for Physician Leadership.

Status
Not open for further replies.