Atlantic Bridge 2019 - Chances, Acceptance, Waitlist.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got into UCD! Applied in May, really thought I had no shot.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
Yeah same here lol! I applied like the week applications were closing. Should I even take it, so last minute :S

Reactions: 1 users
Yeah same here lol! I applied like the week applications were closing. Should I even take it, so last minute :S
It really depends. its new life, new chapter in everyones life. If you want, you can always check if you can defer your acceptance to next year. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know anything about housing near UCD? Cuz when I checked, they told me international housing was full

Accepted the offer! Looking forward to meeting everyone! If anyone knows anything about housing for UCD, lmk! It looks like on campus residence is booked

Reactions: 3 users
Same also looking for housing, I'm hoping that something opens up on campus but for now looks like we'll have to look off campus.

Has anyone heard anything from Galway? I still have not received a response...

Hey Atlantic Bridge UCD Peeps, I reached out to Atlantic Bridge and they informed me that they have housing reserved for us at Gleno-something. It's on campus, no meal plan but shared kitchen on each floor, so not to worry everyone we have housing.

got my rejection from NUIG today

I’m going to UCD! Can’t wait to meet everyone else going! If you’re interested, please join my new Facebook group called “Atlantic Bridge UCD 2019”

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys-- in the second year of my 6 year program at the National University of Ireland, Galway. I know how much help I found in these forums around the same time last year so would be glad to be of any assistance to those interested.

Reactions: 4 users
anyone accepted to TCD know how exams work? I am looking at our timetable and trying to figure that out...thanks!

Hi there! I'm applying to the 4-year program for 2020, and was hoping someone could let me know what my chances are?

cGPA: 3.46
sGPA: 3.67
MCAT: 504

Do you think they would take into account the difficulty of my school? I went to McGill which is known for its difficulty. I have 2 summers of being a research assistant, shadowing under another doctor and was named on a poster/ abstract, and one research paper. 200+ volunteer hours and started my own volunteer organization club at my school.

Last edited:
Hey, I've applied for this upcoming year as well.

Canadian
Applied to all
~3.9 GPA and 512 MCAT.
Strong LOR's and have plenty of volunteering, leadership (President and vice presidents of major university clubs, made quite an impact in the Faculty of Science), and research attributes.

Hoping to get into this holistic approach as well! Canadian med schools are so competitive.

Best of luck!
Hey! I am also a Canadian applicant, and I am applying to MD and DO schools in the states. Just out of curiosity, why are you applying to the UK? Are you also applying to the U.S.? You have really great stats! Is the UK your first choice? Have you already gotten accepted?

Quick question in the Atlantic Bridge App they ask "How do you plan to finance your education?" I understand that they want to make sure that you're able to pay, however I feel nervous about answering this question. In all honesty my grandfather recently passed away and left me an inheritance that it more than enough to cover all four years of medical school and living expenses while abroad however I feel like an dingus explaining this... Does anyone have any advice? Thanks so much!

Quick question in the Atlantic Bridge App they ask "How do you plan to finance your education?" I understand that they want to make sure that you're able to pay, however I feel nervous about answering this question. In all honesty my grandfather recently passed away and left me an inheritance that it more than enough to cover all four years of medical school and living expenses while abroad however I feel like an dingus explaining this... Does anyone have any advice? Thanks so much!
I dont think you need to get very detailed. Everywhere I go in Cork and if I need something that requires any program/service/institution to ask me where is my finacial support coming from, I just say family/parents. Even when the immigration officer asked me at the airport. Dont hesitate about that.

Just say family ,

I dont think you need to get very detailed. Everywhere I go in Cork and if I need something that requires any program/service/institution to ask me where is my finacial support coming from, I just say family/parents. Even when the immigration officer asked me at the airport. Dont hesitate about that.
Thank you!

Hello,

I am a Parent. Congratulations! for those got into Ireland med schools. I have been reading this thread for a while. I learned a lot from your postings. Thank you.

We are from US. My daughter is Junior in High school, very much interested in Ireland med schools. I also spoke to Atlantic Bridge. I know we still have time to apply.

But I have one question. Is there any one did FAFSA from US for 6 year program? Please let me know if any one have information. You can always send me in separate post--only to me.

Thank you.

Hello,

I am a Parent. Congratulations! for those got into Ireland med schools. I have been reading this thread for a while. I learned a lot from your postings. Thank you.

We are from US. My daughter is Junior in High school, very much interested in Ireland med schools. I also spoke to Atlantic Bridge. I know we still have time to apply.

But I have one question. Is there any one did FAFSA from US for 6 year program? Please let me know if any one have information. You can always send me in separate post--only to me.

Thank you.
I am in the 6 year program but did not do the FAFSA program.

Any luck so far? I am an ER RN with similar GPA. Planning to take the MCAT next year. After that, i will be taking some upper level bio classes to boost GPA if needed

I’m going to UCD! Can’t wait to meet everyone else going! If you’re interested, please join my new Facebook group called “Atlantic Bridge UCD 2019”

Hi, I was just wondering if you or anyone now admitted to the graduate entry program can let me now the class size? And approximately how many Irish vs international students are in each class?

Hi, I was just wondering if you or anyone now admitted to the graduate entry program can let me now the class size? And approximately how many Irish vs international students are in each class?

Answered this on the 2020 thread :) Feel free to shoot me a message with any other questions!

GEP program is ~75 Irish, ~25 North American (most Canadian). At RCSI GEP is ~40 Irish, ~40 North American.

I cant start a convo with you, if you do, I will send you the presentation that was held in UCD that talks about matching in US and Canada.

Hi There, could you please DM me this info? Thanks!!

Hi guys! I'm thinking of applying to UCC, UCD, NUIG, and RCSI. I wanted to get some insight into my stats if you think I'd actually make it cause I'm honestly really nervous.

I'm a non-trad student but I graduated with advanced placement and honors at my high school in 2016 with a GPA of 3.54 (I think that's unweighted?). I took a gap of a few years since then but I did 200 hours of volunteering in a hospital, 100 hours in a VA hospital, some shadowing at a pediatric clinic, and I will be shadowing at a primary/urgent care soon. I've also done 200+ hrs of community service, I was trained for a summer in a research lab, and I will be doing neuroscience research at a neuroscience institute this upcoming summer. I took a couple of classes of psych, developmental psych in university but that's about it.

What do you think my chances are?? And do you think I would be counted for the 5 yr program since I already had to take AP courses in sciences during high school?

Hi guys! I'm thinking of applying to UCC, UCD, NUIG, and RCSI. I wanted to get some insight into my stats if you think I'd actually make it cause I'm honestly really nervous.

I'm a non-trad student but I graduated with advanced placement and honors at my high school in 2016 with a GPA of 3.54 (I think that's unweighted?). I took a gap of a few years since then but I did 200 hours of volunteering in a hospital, 100 hours in a VA hospital, some shadowing at a pediatric clinic, and I will be shadowing at a primary/urgent care soon. I've also done 200+ hrs of community service, I was trained for a summer in a research lab, and I will be doing neuroscience research at a neuroscience institute this upcoming summer. I took a couple of classes of psych, developmental psych in university but that's about it.

What do you think my chances are?? And do you think I would be counted for the 5 yr program since I already had to take AP courses in sciences during high school?

Applying from the US btw