Atlantic Bridge 2019 - Chances, Acceptance, Waitlist.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Amazing!!! Congrats!!! When was your interview?
Thank you! 10th April. I got the acceptance email on the 17th but I didn’t check my emails until now.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you! 10th April. I got the acceptance email on the 17th but I didn’t check my emails until now.
That’s a pretty good turn around time! Any advice or tips on what the interview is like? Mines next Saturday morning.

That’s a pretty good turn around time! Any advice or tips on what the interview is like? Mines next Saturday morning.
Sure. It’s a pretty easy interview. Not more than 20 mins long. They asked me to talk abt myself/my family, why I want to do medicine; why RCSI Bahrain, most common deseases where you live etc.
Are you doing the interview online?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
It’s a pretty easy interview. Not more than 20 mins long. They asked me to talk abt myself/my family, why I want to do medicine; why RCSI Bahrain, most common deseases where you live etc.
Are you doing the interview online?

Nope! Mine is in person. Thanks for the info!

Reactions: 1 user
NUIG is done first round and their offers expire the 24th, so probably shortly after for second round.

Reactions: 1 users
NUIG and TCD 2nd rounds are likely to come out this week. Fingers cross for all of us that applied there. Wishing you all the best.

Reactions: 5 users
Does anybody happen to have info on finding internship/ training positions in Ireland if we wish to stay there after medical school? I was just curious if its at all a possibility, any advice is welcome!

Does anybody happen to have info on finding internship/ training positions in Ireland if we wish to stay there after medical school? I was just curious if its at all a possibility, any advice is welcome!
Check this website it talks about residency in Ireland, and how if you have EU citizenship, you are 99% guaranteed an internship/training position. Make sure you are registed as CAO otherwise it will be difficult

Unless you are an EU citizen it is extremely hard as for residency in ireland the first round is for EU citizens only. Then if after the EU citizen round, they will look st non eu citizens for any open spots so it changes year to year.

Unless you are an EU citizen it is extremely hard as for residency in ireland the first round is for EU citizens only. Then if after the EU citizen round, they will look st non eu citizens for any open spots so it changes year to year.

Does the UK still count as EU? Or would it be easier to try for the UK foundation program?

Does the UK still count as EU? Or would it be easier to try for the UK foundation program?
That will depend on how Brexit shakes out and the specific deal the UK makes with Ireland but I wouldn't count on it.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is today the day...?
legit on my nerves, but it could be tomorrow or after. As far as I know, its this week hopefully!

Is today the day...?

Maybe- no news in my inbox yet. But Atlantic Bridge is in CA, so they’re just getting started with their day. I’m not looking at my email again until 5PM

Maybe- no news in my inbox yet. But Atlantic Bridge is in CA, so they’re just getting started with their day. I’m not looking at my email again until 5PM

Wise...my 12PM is there 9AM so in 8 minutes I will be on edge haha

Wise...my 12PM is there 9AM so in 8 minutes I will be on edge haha
Same :scared: I have a strong feeling that it might be released tomorrow because of the deadline today for first round offers.

Is today the day...?
Probably wont hear today as today isthe decision day for first offers so they have to process those first before being able to hand out second offers.

Reactions: 3 users
Anything heard from AB ?

I just spoke with AB, and they told me that NUIG released their first round offers end of March beginning of April, but they also released second round offers Mid April. Somewhere around 10-14th of April. I really thought their second round would be 24-29 of April. They told me maybe third round offers going to be mid May, or in the next couple weeks not days.

Crossing fingers :/

I just spoke with AB, and they told me that NUIG released their first round offers end of March beginning of April, but they also released second round offers Mid April. Somewhere around 10-14th of April. I really thought their second round would be 24-29 of April. They told me maybe third round offers going to be mid May, or in the next couple weeks not days.

More anxious waiting it is... Thanks for the information F18!

I called AB to confirm this since the deadline for NUIG was the 24th for first round. He said they are definitely still sending out acceptances for second round. They sent out a few acceptances a few weeks ago but he said they are definitely sending out more and the second round is not closed. He said he doesn’t have much more information at the moment since this week is their deadline week for first round, but if we call back next week they will know much more.

We’re definitely still in the running guys!!!

Reactions: 3 users
I called AB to confirm this since the deadline for NUIG was the 24th for first round. He said they are definitely still sending out acceptances for second round. They sent out a few acceptances a few weeks ago but he said they are definitely sending out more and the second round is not closed. He said he doesn’t have much more information at the moment since this week is their deadline week for first round, but if we call back next week they will know much more.

We’re definitely still in the running guys!!!
Wait, so they didn't start second round offers did they? or do we this info know this next week? I know that their first round offers already started end of March, beginning of April, and according to your info, they kept sending some since last couple weeks too. Because if they did not start second round offers, it is a good sign we are still have the chance in second round offers. Why does AB officers have different information lol.

Wait, so they didn't start second round offers did they? or do we this info know this next week? I know that their first round offers already started end of March, beginning of April, and according to your info, they kept sending some since last couple weeks too. Because if they did not start second round offers, it is a good sign we are still have the chance in second round offers. Why does AB officers have different information lol.

Lol I know! Well the way it was phrased to me is they sent some first round offers. And they sent some more after. He did not clarify that was more first round or the beginning of the second round, but his words were “they’re definitely still looking to send out acceptances”. Also, if they finished second round he would have a date for their deadline. Also, why would they finish their second round already if they just hit the deadline for first round offers? So it makes sense there’s still more to come! TCD is also still sending second rounds coming at some point.

• Love
Lol I know! Well the way it was phrased to me is they sent some first round offers. And they sent some more after. He did not clarify that was more first round or the beginning of the second round, but his words were “they’re definitely still looking to send out acceptances”. Also, if they finished second round he would have a date for their deadline. Also, why would they finish their second round already if they just hit the deadline for first round offers? So it makes sense there’s still more to come! TCD is also still sending second rounds coming at some point.
This is so intense because I want to start summer school, but at the same time I dont want too. If I get an offer, obviously I wouldn't start summer courses, and I would be looking into this long journey. Also, Im super worried about accomidations. Not only most of them are full already, but one of the students who got accepted last year also said their accomidations are not that great in terms of quantity. They don't have many, and if you are late, you are looking for some apartments outside Galway :( I wish they had a website where you can check the status of the application yourself.

This is so intense because I want to start summer school, but at the same time I dont want too. If I get an offer, obviously I wouldn't start summer courses, and I would be looking into this long journey. Also, Im super worried about accomidations. Not only most of them are full already, but one of the students who got accepted last year also said their accomidations are not that great in terms of quantity. They don't have many, and if you are late, you are looking for some apartments outside Galway :( I wish they had a website where you can check the status of the application yourself.

Omg I know. That would be great.

I’m not terribly worried about accommodations. I don’t plan on living on campus. I feel like I’ve passed that stage in my undergrad days. I’m sure once we get in (see that positive energy ;)) we will prob have a group and can work on finding roommates for apartments.

And for summer school, can’t you start it and if you withdraw within a certain period you get a refund? That’s how it was at UofT. So you can start it, but when you get in just cancel and get your money back.

Omg I know. That would be great.

I’m not terribly worried about accommodations. I don’t plan on living on campus. I feel like I’ve passed that stage in my undergrad days. I’m sure once we get in (see that positive energy ;)) we will prob have a group and can work on finding roommates for apartments.

And for summer school, can’t you start it and if you withdraw within a certain period you get a refund? That’s how it was at UofT. So you can start it, but when you get in just cancel and get your money back.
As far as I know, the last day to withdraw from a course is like May 24th. Which is technically not bad, but at the same time my course starts May 15th. Not only that, I am looking for OSAP to pay for my part time, and I dont know how it will go if I start an application and then withdraw from it. Does the money that OSAP paid to my University will be refunded back to OSAP? I just dont want to start all this, and I want a conformation about the status of my application ASAP. Praying everyday :arghh:

As far as I know, the last day to withdraw from a course is like May 24th. Which is technically not bad, but at the same time my course starts May 15th. Not only that, I am looking for OSAP to pay for my part time, and I dont know how it will go if I start an application and then withdraw from it. Does the money that OSAP paid to my University will be refunded back to OSAP? I just dont want to start all this, and I want a conformation about the status of my application ASAP. Praying everyday :arghh:

I’m not even a religious person, but I’m praying everyday too haha. I don’t think I took OSAP out for that summer because I just took one course. But you could always call and check.

Interesting. That information contradicts what I got in an email from admissions a couple of weeks ago. They said second round offers are end of April/ beginning May

Interesting. That information contradicts what I got in an email from admissions a couple of weeks ago. They said second round offers are end of April/ beginning May
Thats exactly what I thought because I was told that through the FAQ pdf file, in an email from Robert, and by checking past year offers.

RCSI Bahrian student here, just about to finish my first year. Also from Canada. If anyone has questions please don't hesitate to message me!

Reactions: 2 users
Thats exactly what I thought because I was told that through the FAQ pdf file, in an email from Robert, and by checking past year offers.
Same here, Robert told me that via email

Since NUIG is releasing their offers in a few weeks, does anyone have any idea when UCC is releasing their offers? Still haven't heard anything from them

Since NUIG is releasing their offers in a few weeks, does anyone have any idea when UCC is releasing their offers? Still haven't heard anything from them
When I asked about UCC, they said probably beginning of May.

I finished an interview with RCSI Bahrain today. And it went well! 1-on-1, very friendly interviewer, no curve-ball questions thrown at me. She said I interviewed well and she hopes I am accepted at the end. If you’re interviewing with them, prepare for why medicine, health concerns in your hometown and qualities that make a good doctor. They have a document that the interviewer has to specifically rank on; things like motivations for medicine, what the perspective student believes makes a quality doctor, etc. Best of luck to all you guys applying there!

Reactions: 4 users
Does anyone know roughly when the next round of offers will be going out? I know that NUIG will be in the coming weeks. What about Cork, Limerick, and the other Dublin schools. Also is there another round of interviews for the respective schools?

Does anyone know how long it takes RCSI Bahrain to make a decision after an interview?

Does anyone know roughly when the next round of offers will be going out? I know that NUIG will be in the coming weeks. What about Cork, Limerick, and the other Dublin schools. Also is there another round of interviews for the respective schools?
For Cork, probably same time as NUIG or later

Just wanted to post the link to the 2019 NUIG Facebook page for those who have been accepted and are looking for a group to discuss NUIG and Ireland in general with. Sincerely hope that we can add more of you in the coming weeks as NUIG sends out invites.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks man! Both excited and nervous now that things are real.
Congratulations man! I hear you. I felt the same way. It's amazing and fun and shocking but there's also this sense of apprehension. There's this incredible, life changing opportunity at your door but you have to decide to move away from home and sacrifice time with your friends, family and other things you're used to. Being a doctor is a life of sacrifice. We're all dealing with this, but everyone who I've talked to about this (and I've talked to a lot of people who have gone to Ireland to study medicine) have absolutely loved the experience and have nothing but good things to say. A common sentiment they've expressed to me is "best 4/5/6 years of my life".

I feel like I’ve been waiting years for TCD and NUIG second round offers, but really they only closed first round less than a week ago :rolleyes:

I feel like I’ve been waiting years for TCD and NUIG second round offers, but really they only closed first round less than a week ago :rolleyes:

Same. I was really hoping to hear back last week because I have a job offer waiting for me, and they want an answer this week. The job was my back up plan. But now I’m in a situation where I have to risk declining the offer and then being rejected to med schools. Kind of a gamble.

I feel like they released second round offers already :(