Atlantic Bridge 2018 entry

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I believe they said between 10-14 days from when you had the interview!

10 business days= 14+ days of anxiety filled neurosis.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Guys!! I just got int RCSI GEMS and I have 14 days to accept the offer and pay 6500 euros!! that's 9970 CAD! I want to go to RCSI I love the school with a real passion and I am super excited! Can someone please tell me how best find help with these kinds of financial dealings on such a short notice? I am going to see a financial advisor today, but can I get loans approved this fast ? and will it help cover the deposit or just when I start school? I really need help!

Hey Guys!! I just got int RCSI GEMS and I have 14 days to accept the offer and pay 6500 euros!! that's 9970 CAD! I want to go to RCSI I love the school with a real passion and I am super excited! Can someone please tell me how best find help with these kinds of financial dealings on such a short notice? I am going to see a financial advisor today, but can I get loans approved this fast ? and will it help cover the deposit or just when I start school? I really need help!
That's a pretty hefty deposit.
Since you will be going abroad for school the bank will require a cosigner before they give you a loan. The cosigner will need to have good credit, a steady job, and possibly collateral. I think your only two real options are to borrow from family or put it on a credit card.

Members don't see this ad :)
Get a family member to co-sign a loan for you and the bank should give you the money.
The banks are well use to this so a loan adviser in bank would provide guidance as well.
But get on it fast as paper work may take a few days.
Good luck and congratulations.

Did anyone else get an email from RCSI-mub to fill out an online application?

Yeah i Have, do you know anything about how many students are interviewed and how many get selected from NA?
I'm not too sure. At my interview there was about 15 students I'd say, and I know that their class sizes are on the smaller side. So I'd think they only select a handful of NA since they still have the rest of the world to select from.

Hi! I was accepted to the 6 year RCSI program. I am a Canadian student so I cannot speak to SAT scores but my graduating average across my top 6 university level courses was a 94.6%. I have pretty solid ECs, five years volunteering in my local children's hospital on their youth advisory board, working on a provincial health board, provincial level track and field, as well as working part time as a model (this is actually what came up the most in my interview!). If you have any other questions feel free to message me!
Hi, My name is Liz. I am from Toronto .
I am wondering what are you thinking of doing for accommodations? Im trying to figure out what the best option would be.
Hi! I was accepted to the 6 year RCSI program. I am a Canadian student so I cannot speak to SAT scores but my graduating average across my top 6 university level courses was a 94.6%. I have pretty solid ECs, five years volunteering in my local children's hospital on their youth advisory board, working on a provincial health board, provincial level track and field, as well as working part time as a model (this is actually what came up the most in my interview!). If you have any other questions feel free to message me!

I was wondering what are you thinking of doing for accommodations? Im trying to figure out what the best option would be.

Reactions: 1 user
I was wondering what are you thinking of doing for accommodations? Im trying to figure out what the best option would be.
Atlantic Bridge has rooms set aside for us for some of the programs. Have you asked whether they have anything for this program?

Just made this account. I got in to UCC!!! Planning to accept, can't wait to go to Ireland!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone else get an email from RCSI-mub to fill out an online application?

Yes I did. Filled out the online application and emailed them back with ID number. Waiting game now!

I applied for UCC and Galway .... No news from them yet.

Yeah i Have, do you know anything about how many students are interviewed and how many get selected from NA?

Yes I asked them. For 5 year program they have55 seats. Not sure about other 6yr prog though!

Many Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? I'm applying next year!
BS in Biology (Molecular Concentration) with minors in Chemistry and Japanese
3.54 undergrad GPA, Cum Laude, High Distinguished Honors in Experiential Learning
MS in Biotechnology (4.0 GPA), Graduate Certificates in Biotechnology and Health Sciences
3 years research in Alzheimer's Lab (published and poster presented), 1 year in pulmonary lab
180 hours volunteering in a pediatric hospital, a few hundred additional hours spread among multiple volunteering opportunities, about 100 shadowing hours
Studied abroad in Tokyo (3 months, have basic grasp of Japanese language)
Involved in Alpha Epsilon Delta (pre-med honor society, held leadership position), Alpha Lambda Delta (honor society, held leadership positions), National Society of Collegiate Scholars, National Society of Leadership and Success, Phi Kappa Phi (honor society), Phi Sigma Biological Honor Society (held leadership position), Golden Key, Marine and Field Biology Club, Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society, Fencing Club
This was my third application cycle to US schools, first to Atlantic Bridge. I was interviewed by multiple US schools. I applied to UCC and Trinity (have not heard back from Trinity). I have accepted my offer from UCC.
Good luck with your application. With any luck, I'll be seeing you in Ireland after the next cycle.

BS in Biology (Molecular Concentration) with minors in Chemistry and Japanese
3.54 undergrad GPA, Cum Laude, High Distinguished Honors in Experiential Learning
MS in Biotechnology (4.0 GPA), Graduate Certificates in Biotechnology and Health Sciences
3 years research in Alzheimer's Lab (published and poster presented), 1 year in pulmonary lab
180 hours volunteering in a pediatric hospital, a few hundred additional hours spread among multiple volunteering opportunities, about 100 shadowing hours
Studied abroad in Tokyo (3 months, have basic grasp of Japanese language)
Involved in Alpha Epsilon Delta (pre-med honor society, held leadership position), Alpha Lambda Delta (honor society, held leadership positions), National Society of Collegiate Scholars, National Society of Leadership and Success, Phi Kappa Phi (honor society), Phi Sigma Biological Honor Society (held leadership position), Golden Key, Marine and Field Biology Club, Student Affiliates of the American Chemical Society, Fencing Club
This was my third application cycle to US schools, first to Atlantic Bridge. I was interviewed by multiple US schools. I applied to UCC and Trinity (have not heard back from Trinity). I have accepted my offer from UCC.
Good luck with your application. With any luck, I'll be seeing you in Ireland after the next cycle.
Wow....you have extraordinary stats! I'm surprised you didn't get anywhere in the US before. I love Ireland with all my heart...cant wait to apply but extremely nervous. Hopefully...I'll get in somewhere. Thank you for sharing tho.

Wow....you have extraordinary stats! I'm surprised you didn't get anywhere in the US before. I love Ireland with all my heart...cant wait to apply but extremely nervous. Hopefully...I'll get in somewhere. Thank you for sharing tho.
Thanks. I was surprised about the US schools over this cycle, but am glad to go to Ireland. I've been once before, and have always wanted to live there for a while.

Hello everyone,

I just made this account and I wanted to share that I got accepted to the 5 year RCSI-Bahrain program this morning.

Can anyone that knows a bit more about this school or someone who currently is a student there share why they chose this school over others and how their overall experience in Bahrain is.

Reactions: 1 users
Hi guys

I just got the acceptance letter from RCSI-MUB 5yr today.

Does anyone know what is the passing grade for RCSI or any of the Ireland med school is like? Is it like pass or fail system, if u fail do they drop u from a program, or do u have a chance to redo exams? Apparently some medschools r like that.just wanted to know for AB programs too.

Also does anyone know how r the living expenses in Bahrain? (Renting / food/)

are the match rates for all irish med school similar including RSCI-mub,
is there any group to join for RCSI-MUB program for more info on this years students

are the match rates for all irish med school similar including RSCI-mub,
is there any group to join for RCSI-MUB program for more info on this years students

Not sure to be honest.
All I know is the stats they gave me, which is:

4/12 Canadian residency matches in 2018.

And 14/24 American residency matches in 2018.

I just got into RCSI-MUB!
Does anyone know if there is a group? I am looking to connect with North American students.

Congrats to everyone who is getting accepted with RCSI or elsewhere!

I received my acceptance for RCSI-MUB 5 year program yesterday morning! Let me know if anybody has information on a FB group of some sort! Congrats to all accepted and good luck to those still eagerly waiting.

Looking to connect with NA students for RCSI-MUB

Are you going to Ireland because you didn't want to take the MCAT?

I took the MCAT, but I've always wanted to go to Ireland. I am actually a dual citizen, so the dream has always been to move back over there! :)

I was accepted to RCSI-Bahrain, and plan on going there to have a look. I’m potentially looking for a female roommate to share a place with. Please get in touch with me if anyone is interested.

would any1 be interested in starting a WhatsApp chat for rcsi-mub?

Congrats to everyone who have heard back! For those who are still waiting, I wish you the best of luck!

Has anyone here been accepted to any of the 4 year programs? I keep seeing 5 or 6 but none for 4. The website for UCD has Round 0 offers (not sure what that means) for Graduate (ie 4 year) applicants offers not going until the beginning of August. I'm probably not reading it correctly as that seems insanely late in the summer

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone who have heard back! For those who are still waiting, I wish you the best of luck!

Has anyone here been accepted to any of the 4 year programs? I keep seeing 5 or 6 but none for 4. The website for UCD has Round 0 offers (not sure what that means) for Graduate (ie 4 year) applicants offers not going until the beginning of August. I'm probably not reading it correctly as that seems insanely late in the summer
Hey, I have been wondering the same thing actually. I qualify for the 4 year program but got an acceptance to a 5 year. I also haven’t heard back saying I was rejected from any of the schools either. In addition, I received an email earlier yesterday indicating that Trinity College was still holding spots for interviews for their 4 year program. I am a bit confused, so I am going to email AB and try and get to the bottom of it. Keep you updated!

Hey, I have been wondering the same thing actually. I qualify for the 4 year program but got an acceptance to a 5 year. I also haven’t heard back saying I was rejected from any of the schools either. In addition, I received an email earlier yesterday indicating that Trinity College was still holding spots for interviews for their 4 year program. I am a bit confused, so I am going to email AB and try and get to the bottom of it. Keep you updated!

That's so odd. Congrats on the 5 year though! I'm interested to see what they tell you thank you!

I applied through CAO, so I don't know about the ABP offer dates (CAO and ABP have different timelines I think). Maybe contacting ABP could help? I do know that Trinity definitely only has a 5 year program though, so they aren't holding any spots for a 4 year program.

I applied through CAO, so I don't know about the ABP offer dates (CAO and ABP have different timelines I think). Maybe contacting ABP could help? I do know that Trinity definitely only has a 5 year program though, so they aren't holding any spots for a 4 year program.
Hmm.. That’s weird. I wonder why I got the email then. I shall contact somebody to clear up the confusion then. Thanks for the input!

Hmm.. That’s weird. I wonder why I got the email then. I shall contact somebody to clear up the confusion then. Thanks for the input!
Pretty sure this is for the Carribean medical school Trinity. Not ireland. If you go to the footnote signature of the email it probably says carribean campus.

I've been accepted to 4 year at UCC. If Irish schools are anything like US schools, there will be some positions filled in August, though most will be filled before that. Good luck.